Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

The STEAM Sales and Releases Thread

Berekän

A life wasted
Patron
Turns out I wasted like 5€ in the DE of XCOM2.
The discount is indeed higher than it was last week.
Well, sucks, such is the nature of gambling..

If you haven't played more than 2 hours yet you can refund it and buy it again

Jimmious

Arcane
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Do the XCOM2 DLCs have a discount for you people? I still get a "normal" price of 10 jewros

Gepeu

Savant
Patron
Just watch the cinematics (99% of the game anyway) on youtube.

Last edited:

Zombra

An iron rock in the river of blood and evil
Patron
Make the Codex Great Again! RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Serpent in the Staglands Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Tempted to buy The Stick of Truth, which is 75% off, but anticipating much Ubisoft-related trauma and angst.
Eh, still $8? Meh. Just go back and watch the old episodes again, you'll have a better time. Too much of "Stick" relies on reminding you of the show. "Remember Mr. Slave?? Here he is! Remember the pirate ship?? There it is, sitting there for no reason! Remember Al Gore?? Fight him!" If they cut the game in half so it was all original material it would have been awesome, but slogging through the rehashed stuff really made it a drag for me. This is a game I played to the end but was truly glad to get it over with.

Rahdulan

Omnibus
Patron
Store may be crapping itself and I can't even access my wishlist in its entirety, but by god I sure could sell those cards on the marketplace without any problems. Valve got their priorities right.

Zombra

An iron rock in the river of blood and evil
Patron
Make the Codex Great Again! RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Serpent in the Staglands Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Tempted to buy The Stick of Truth, which is 75% off, but anticipating much Ubisoft-related trauma and angst.
Eh, still $8? Meh. Just go back and watch the old episodes again, you'll have a better time. Too much of "Stick" relies on reminding you of the show. "Remember Mr. Slave?? Here he is! Remember the pirate ship?? There it is, sitting there for no reason! Remember Al Gore?? Fight him!" If they cut the game in half so it was all original material it would have been awesome, but slogging through the rehashed stuff really made it a drag for me. This is a game I played to the end but was truly glad to get it over with.
Then again Bumvelcrow maybe my memory is faulty. Here is what I said back in the day (but long before I finished the game):
I really don't trust the Codex when it comes to Obsidian, but is this game worth purchasing when it goes below $10?
I'd say it's a good $30 game, unless a ~15 hour playtime would make you angry at that price. $10, jesus, that would be a steal. Don't hold your breath waiting for the bargain bin though.

Beggar

Cipher
New Vegas for me is just 2 euros. But I guess I wont be able to access anything till tomorrow. Overload is killing everything right now

Endemic

Arcane
Yeah. +DLC is 10euros. Too much for an old game.

Gonna take this time vanilla New Vegas and Hitman: Blood Money. Was thinking about Prince of Persia: Warrior Within which is 5 euros - fuck it.

That's weird, it was 4.99 during one of the winter sales.

Bumvelcrow

Somewhat interesting
Patron
Dumbfuck
Codex 2013 Codex 2014 Make the Codex Great Again! Strap Yourselves In
Thanks, Zombra - I'll have a think about it. For some reason I've been avoiding SoT, probably Ubisoft-related, and even at 75% off I'm having difficulty convincing myself. I haven't watched South Park for years so perhaps it'll be a bit more fresh than for somebody who's a regular viewer.

I'm loving the BR reviews.

"Bought it for R$2 and the cards were worth R$2.83. The game is also pretty cool and you can oppress the leftists"

"TRUMP 2016
BOLSONARO 2018
SUCK IT LEFTIES, disgusting mortadella eaters, sons of mares"

"Recommeded for thos who want to play as Trumpão and bully the world"

"According to the legend, this game can damage your computer if you voted for the left, given the high levels of oppression"

50 minutes after the Sales' start and the Store is still a mess due to increased traffic, one would think that Gabe should be able to prevent this after the first 70 times his sales crippled the servers but no. It's almost like a ritual now.

Checking back again tomorrow, hope it's stabilized a bit by then.

It says right there that the store is "under heavy load", wait until Gaben is done announcing the sale and gets off the stage.

Last edited:

Alienman

Retro-Fascist
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Codex Year of the Donut Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Got to love that 33.6 modem retro speed of surfing the Steam page right now.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom