Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

The STEAM Sales and Releases Thread

sser

Arcane
Developer
Giftstravaganza is his cave. The little cockaroach. Scuttling about, cheap $1 humble fodder crumbs dotted to his spiny shit ass legs. I fucking see you, Metro, and someday my boot will find you.

Latelistener

Arcane
That reminds me, I saw some kinda isometric game on Steam a few days ago, and wanted to ask Codex if it's good.
Now I can't find it.

rating_negativeman.png

Edit: http://store.steampowered.com/app/576120/Purgatory_II/

Last edited:

Unkillable Cat

LEST WE FORGET
Patron
Codex 2014 Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy
THQ Nordic re-released 1999 Euro JRPG Silver
Wow, this looks cool! Why have I never heard of it? Should I buy it?

I played it briefly back when it was new.

The game world is divided into screens, and you must kill all the enemies on each screen using a combat system more resembling a beat-em'up than any RPG. Jumping, combo attacks, etc. The story, setting and characters are all standard-fare jRPG material, though.

I briefly recall there being a "bizarre camera angle" thing with this game, but I could be wrong.

Personally I'm not very interested in revisiting the game, but for interested people I'd say $5 is just the right price to ask for this game.

Dexter

Arcane
I think it was one of the two "JRPGs" (it's not an actual JRPG, but developed by an UK studio in the style: http://www.spiralhouse.co.uk/games.html ) that I actually liked back in the day on PC, there was Silver and Septerra Core and the latter gets really grindy and retarded in the end so I never finished it.

If the port is good it should be worth it:

I stalk the night
Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Codex Year of the Donut Divinity: Original Sin 2
What annoyed me to no end about Silver was that you could have either voice acting or text, but not both. I didn't find out whether there's a patch for this or not, as it just made me lose all interest in the game.

Don Peste

Arcane

Почувствуй весь кайф приключений, мать его, Джони и очутись в шкуре этого отбитого парня, который ради лучшего друга вступил своими пятками в это дерьмо и оказался на дне нашего бренного мира. :russiastronk:

Self-Ejected

Drog Black Tooth

Self-Ejected
Really enjoed this game.
Bought it on sale a while back and was p disappointed tbh. Was expecting a stylish Metroidvania but it's simply a boring platformer where all levels look exactly the same and you have an "in-your-face" quest compass telling you where to go all the time.

Kinda reminded me of a Korean mobile game called Star Knight which has a similar aesthetic and gameplay but much more engaging combat with a p steep but still fair difficulty curve. I'd recommend this in place of Outland.

Spectacle

Arcane
Patron
THQ Nordic re-released 1999 Euro JRPG Silver
Wow, this looks cool! Why have I never heard of it? Should I buy it?
Silver is very much a product of it's age. It was good fun and looked fantastic when it was new, but the nowadays it would take a fair bit of effort to get used to the gameplay and graphics, and it doesn't really have any exceptional qualities to justify that effort.

(also, I feel old ad fuck, I bought Silver boxed in 1999)

Sceptic

Arcane
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin
Looks like Payday 2 is free for however long:
Lol, it was on sale for all of May and until like 3 days ago... so many negative reviews from the people who bought it then.

BTW the game has a fuckton of DLCs but none of them seem installable (or even purchasable) with the free version, not sure if working as intended or what's the deal.

EDIT: Oh so the big discount (85%) was for all the DLCs, which can now no longer be purchased separately; the only way you get them is by buying Ultimate Edition. I guess that explains why they put the base game out for free. Nvm I don't see any ultimate anything anywhere, IDK what's going on.

pippin

yet another fuckup in the history of payday2

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom