Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

The STEAM Sales and Releases Thread

Unkillable Cat

LEST WE FORGET
Patron
Codex 2014 Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy
Every couple of hours I'm getting spammed with Steam email telling me another 2~3 games from my wishlist are on sale. Might as well just send one email saying "every fucking thing on your wishlist is on sale".

Yesh,they need to fix that spam shit during the big sales,just send an email that the sale has started and deactivate the regular emails

They won't. It's in their best interest that you have the Steam sale at the front of your mind, so they deliberately scatter the e-mail notifications for this purpose.

This is the mindset everyone needs to start to learn quickly: Valve are not good guys, they don't have your interests at stake.

DwarvenFood

Arcane
Patron
Strap Yourselves In Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Wasteland 2 Codex USB, 2014 Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
So, this sale... is a hard one - for one, almost all the stuff on my wishlist is on sale. You'd say it's a good thing, but.. most of the stuff, are also on their historical low (despite being mostly a shitty -60% , or curse you Stardew Valley -33%) So, how do I choose ? I guess Age of Decadence is the only exception here, being both historical low, and a worthy figure of -75%. So that one is a given. But really undecided weather to try Dragon's Dogma (never could really get into Dark Souls, and I don't own any consoles except for the DS, so not sure) or maybe Binding of Isaac, Brigador or Axiom Verge..

Theldaran

Liturgist
Steam's main feature is its sales and low prices. If, however, you perceive a sale as a bad thing, because it gives you TOO MUCH goodness, I can understand. After all, too much plenty can be bad... can't it?

Taka-Haradin puolipeikko

Filthy Kalinite
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Bubbles In Memoria
So, this sale... is a hard one - for one, almost all the stuff on my wishlist is on sale. You'd say it's a good thing, but.. most of the stuff, are also on their historical low (despite being mostly a shitty -60% , or curse you Stardew Valley -33%) So, how do I choose ? I guess Age of Decadence is the only exception here, being both historical low, and a worthy figure of -75%. So that one is a given. But really undecided weather to try Dragon's Dogma (never could really get into Dark Souls, and I don't own any consoles except for the DS, so not sure) or maybe Binding of Isaac, Brigador or Axiom Verge..
You have dice, don't you?

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
How many games do you expect to buy per sale? No matter how much people complain about Steam sales being bad, I always find myself spending $30 or so in each one, as a new set of games age enough to receive a significant discount. That seems pretty reasonable. You do want to play your games too, right? :M

Taka-Haradin puolipeikko

Filthy Kalinite
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Bubbles In Memoria
I used less than $10 and 2 games out of 3 that I bought were presents.
Though I think that I'm nearing the point where I think my collection is "ready".

Unkillable Cat

LEST WE FORGET
Patron
Codex 2014 Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy
How many games do you expect to buy per sale? No matter how much people complain about Steam sales being bad, I always find myself spending $30 or so in each one, as a new set of games age enough to receive a significant discount. That seems pretty reasonable. You do want to play your games too, right? :M

shilling-intensifies.gif

Metro

Arcane
Beg Auditor
90% of the shit you buy is stuff that's already been bundled a few times or totally inexplicable like Serious Sam Second Encounter skin DLC.

I will give credit to VD -- Age of Decadence is actually 75% off and so is bundle of it and Dungeon Rats.

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
90% of the shit you buy is stuff that's already been bundled a few times or totally inexplicable like Serious Sam Second Encounter skin DLC.

I buy all sorts of stuff, but if you come out of a sale with the games in this post, that's not a bad thing. I know they haven't had that deep a discount on Steam before because I've had them wishlisted for a while.

Metro

Arcane
Beg Auditor
Sat Reign is a decent sale I'll give you that but RTwP so fuck it. Heroes of a Broken Land was in Groupees bundle two years ago. Old as dirt adventure games that are near-abandonware? Yay. King of Dragon Pass finally got an okay discount so I'll give you +2 in terms of legitimate discounts.

Kev Inkline

Arcane
Patron
A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
You could have gotten both Dragon's Dogma and Stardew Valley as the revealed game from humble monthly for the same price as what they now are on Steam sale - plus the rest of the games in the respective monthlies. If you didn't buy them then, why now?

Last edited:

Metro

Arcane
Beg Auditor
I got the DD Humble Monthly but the game isn't really appealing to me. Probably should have just sold it off for $5. And, yeah, Humble Monthlies are the best value but are subject to randomness. If you like the revealed game you should take the gamble.

Self-Ejected

Drog Black Tooth

Self-Ejected
Here's a super cheap bundle for Blackguards 1+2+DLC. You can't see it from the Blackguards store page for some reason. Really hate this thing about Steam. But oh well.

Also, are any of these games worth playing? They're currently very cheap, but you know, it adds up.
Zeno Clash 2
Serious Sam 3
Hitman Absolution
Thief (the next gen one)
Contrast
Remember Me
Outlast
Aliens vs. Predator (also the next gen one)
35MM

I'm mostly done with my wishlist, bought about 60 games, fuck yeah.

Nuclear Explosion

But really undecided weather to try Dragon's Dogma (never could really get into Dark Souls, and I don't own any consoles except for the DS, so not sure).

Dark Souls and Dragon's Dogma aren't particularity similar. If you like DMC-esque action games you will probably like Dragon's Dogma, otherwise you most likely will not.

DwarvenFood

Arcane
Patron
Strap Yourselves In Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Wasteland 2 Codex USB, 2014 Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
You could have gotten both Dragon's Dogma and Stardew Valley as the revealed game from humble monthly for the same price as what they now are on Steam sale - plus the rest of the games in the respective monthlies. If you didn't buy them then, why now?
I guess I missed that bundle - or maybe it's the subscription based one which I don't want to do for reasons. But yeah, think I'll just get AoD, I got enough to play already anyway.

Konjad

Patron
Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Here's a super cheap bundle for Blackguards 1+2+DLC. You can't see it from the Blackguards store page for some reason. Really hate this thing about Steam. But oh well.

Also, are any of these games worth playing? They're currently very cheap, but you know, it adds up.
Zeno Clash 2
Serious Sam 3
Hitman Absolution
Thief (the next gen one)
Contrast
Remember Me
Outlast
Aliens vs. Predator (also the next gen one)
35MM

I'm mostly done with my wishlist, bought about 60 games, fuck yeah.
Serious Sam 3 is the fucking best shooter I have played in my life. I had a fuckton of fun and I don't even like shooters much except multiplayer ones.

Kev Inkline

Arcane
Patron
A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
I guess I missed that bundle - or maybe it's the subscription based one which I don't want to do for reasons. But yeah, think I'll just get AoD, I got enough to play already anyway.
Yes, it is the subscription one. But I always subscribe just about when it is going to go live and then cancel immediately after. So basically it is like buying any other game.

Alienman

Retro-Fascist
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Codex Year of the Donut Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Remember Me has some great visuals and music. It's also cyberpunk which is always nice. But the gameplay is lacking... and a bit confusing. Story was okay.

Music track from the game:

Last edited:
Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
The beginning of Serious Sam 3 is tedious, but the levels get better later on. You can skip DLC campaign if you don't want to fight Blobert at the end.
Zeno Clash 2 has a great art direction, gameplay didn't changed much.

Self-Ejected

Drog Black Tooth

Self-Ejected
Also, is Thi4f really that much worse than Deadly Shadows?

I know it's not a great game, but I thought about experiencing it just for, you know, reasons. To enjoy the Thief atmosphere with modern graphics at least. It's better looking than the Dark Mod.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom