Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

The STEAM Sales and Releases Thread

toro

Arcane
Vatnik
Do yourselves a favour and buy Hyper Light Drifter. Best Kickstarter game since FTL.
:greatjob:

I second this.

Unfortunately the codex is used by many opinionated imbeciles who can no longer distinguish between a good and a bad game.

But they are correct in the end: Hyper Light Drifter is not good. It's great.

Last edited:

Hobo Elf

Arcane
Didn't get anything yet. Was going to get the Endless Legend Tempest DLC but it seems like it's buggy to the point where people are disabling it, so I dunno.

Jick Magger

Arcane
Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Serpent in the Staglands Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Bubbles In Memoria
Current haul:

Hyper Light Drifter
7,62 High Calibre
Rimworld

Also nabbed Primordia, Resonance, and Technobabylon off the GoG black friday sales.

Don Peste

Arcane
I think bundles spoiled me. I can't convince myself to buy anything, thinking they're all going to end up a on Humble Bundle next week. :(:(

Baron Dupek

Arcane
Bought
-Dagon Dogma
-Hard West for last cash from PP and cards, not sure if get DLC too or wait for next sale. Mhm. Maybe wait...
I have some feeling HW is more like Incubations+wild west than XCOM as people said but we will see

Metro

Arcane
Beg Auditor
Wolfenstein New Order for six bucks. About the only solid non-bundle fodder deal I spotted that I didn't already own. It comes reasonably close to Return to Wolfenstein although there are far too many of those walking around/expositions parts they love to insert in FPS games these days. An FPS needs to be 95% action and maybe 5% cutscenes. This is like 70% action, 20% walking sim, and 10% cutscenes.

toro

Arcane
Vatnik
Steam haul:

Dragon's Dogma - I need this as a gamer!? I think.
Lisa - I have big hopes for this one.
Inside - One friend was raving about it and Limbo wasn't to bad either.
Primordia - Already have it on gog (but it's so cheap ... )
System Shock 1 and 2 - the same (gog duplicate).
Grim Fandango - need to replay this at some point (fuck Timmy).

Gog haul:

I'm afraid to enter that account. There is so much backlog.

Baron Dupek

Arcane
nuWolf looks good on paper but playing it feels like a waste of time
and weapons sounds like anus with diarrhea attack

There is so much backlog.
notthisshitagain.mp3

Last edited:

Severian Silk

Is there a way I can tell Steam I already own a game? (GoG, game discs, etc.) I don't want them to recommend games I already own.

Yeah. Use ur fucking brain.
How is using my brain going to stop them from recommending games I own? Can I control Gabe using telepathy?

Anyway, their automated recommendation system would probably work /better/ according to its design if they /had/ that info.

Volrath

Arcane
Patron
Do yourselves a favour and buy Hyper Light Drifter. Best Kickstarter game since FTL.

I second this.

Unfortunately the codex is used by many opinionated imbeciles who can no longer distinguish between a good and a bad game.

It looks like complete shit.

toro

Arcane
Vatnik

I second this.

It looks like complete shit.

another "sepcial" kid hit-and-run. boring. u can do better.

pakoito

Arcane
Patron
I have a lifelong promise to play that and Sacrifice to completion. One day. So far I never got past the long and boring tutorial :/

Ovplain

Arcane
Patron
RPG Wokedex
Resonance
Day of the Tentacle Remastered
All 5 Blackwell games
The Shivah
Primordia
Gemini Rue
Quantum Break
Doom 3
Hotline Miami 1 & 2
Age of Mythology: EE
Total War: ATTILA
Walking Dead: A New Frontier
Far Cry 4
Sleeping Dogs: Definitive Edition
Shardlight
A Golden Wake

Think this is it... not sure if it's all from the Steam store, but most of it is!

Last edited:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom