Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

The STEAM Sales and Releases Thread

toro

Arcane
Vatnik
Speaking about Hard West - why it suddenly went silent after release? I remember hype ("omg, turn based game+western world" and something about "this is Deadlands game we were waiting for") then game was released and everyone went silent.
Weird.
Still going to buy it to see what's going on.

http://www.rpgcodex.net/forums/inde...al-turn-based-wild-west-setting.93460/page-23

The base game is good, the DLC is good. You can buy it with confidence.

Markman

da Blitz master
Patron
Serpent in the Staglands Codex USB, 2014 Shadorwun: Hong Kong
Only got City Skylines so far. Sale has been a pretty meh so far. Would get Doom too but I know I wont be playing it in a while.

Mojobeard

Augur
btw: are the EEs of Baldurs Gate worth a replay?
BGs still fun games if that's what you're asking, not worth it if you still have your CDs. Or are lazy with mods. My physical copies finally gave a year ago, and honestly EEs' alright right now? Except for the actual added content of course, thankfully you can ignore it.

Modron

Arcane
Dropsy, The Order of the Thorne, This War of Mine, and Edna and Harvey: the Breakout are my purchases so far. Debating whether or not to get Dragon's Dogma.

Emmanuel2

Savant
Dropsy, The Order of the Thorne, This War of Mine, and Edna and Harvey: the Breakout are my purchases so far. Debating whether or not to get Dragon's Dogma.

Get it. IMHO, if you like playing as Mages or Wizards, the game has the best wizard gameplay and that's worth getting for.

If you appreciate good gameplay, go for it. If not then you'd find the game so-so I guess.

You can also do Magick Archer, which is also the best magic archer gameplay I've experienced from any game that allows that hybrid

• Play on Hard
  • Become MA
  • Get other skills from other jobs
  • Kill your pawns to make the game slightly challenging for once and make it solo
  • Proceed to one-hit or decimate everything in 3-4 seconds even the expansion bosses with arrows OR just climb on shit and do nothing with immolation.

Zombra

An iron rock in the river of blood and evil
Patron
Make the Codex Great Again! RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Serpent in the Staglands Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Will Dead Rising 1 be fun at all if I've already played 2?
Dead Rising 1 is highly monocled; the sequels are cakewalks by comparison. You can't beat the game on your first playthrough - that should tell you something. You should probably read about the save system and survivor AI before you decide. Basically it's way harder, and you have to not only level up Frank but your skills as a player. So fucking good.

Fairfax

Arcane
I liked Dragon's Dogma a lot. Combat is one of the best in the genre (though I've read it doesn't apply to all weapons and styles), and as someone said it here once, the bestiary is a love letter to AD&D.
It's also easy to see if you'll like the game within the 2 hour limit for refunds.

Severian Silk

Is there a way I can tell Steam I already own a game? (GoG, game discs, etc.) I don't want them to recommend games I already own.

Kev Inkline

Arcane
Patron
A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
I liked Dragon's Dogma a lot. Combat is one of the best in the genre (though I've read it doesn't apply to all weapons and styles), and as someone said it here once, the bestiary is a love letter to AD&D.
It's also easy to see if you'll like the game within the 2 hour limit for refunds.
Is it playable with a mouse and keyboard, or would you need a controller to enjoy it?

Fairfax

Arcane
Is there a way I can tell Steam I already own a game? (GoG, game discs, etc.) I don't want them to recommend games I already own.
There's a "not interested" button below the image/video screen when you enter the game's page.

Is it playable with a mouse and keyboard, or would you need a controller to enjoy it?
I thought the keyboard and mouse controls were pretty good. Can't say if a controller is better because I never used one, but most people seem to agree that KB/M is playable.

Mozg

Arcane
You oughta change the default keyboard binds in DD, IIRC. You should be able to hit the non-WASD buttons with the pinky and thumb on your left hand or with extra mouse keys. On a controller your WASD-style movement is done with just a thumb, with WASD you're burning three fingers.

The fact that I eventually realized this and switched bindings to avoid the 1% of the time that lifting a finger off the WASD keys was necessary should tell you that DD has great gameplay in it.

sser

Arcane
Developer
Will Dead Rising 1 be fun at all if I've already played 2?
Dead Rising 1 is highly monocled; the sequels are cakewalks by comparison. You can't beat the game on your first playthrough - that should tell you something. You should probably read about the save system and survivor AI before you decide. Basically it's way harder, and you have to not only level up Frank but your skills as a player. So fucking good.

I beat it on my first playthrough :positive:

But I managed my resources correctly. I saved those chainsaws you get from the clown and used them to mop up the bosses left and right.

There's really no dif between the two games as far as gameplay goes. More or less the same -- Zombra is right in that the first is definitely harder, though.

Latelistener

Arcane
I was in the same boat, but they patched it in a few months ago. 60fps by default now.
I'm glad to hear that, but developer was probably thinking about consoles first and foremost, and peasantry should be punished.
Thus, 75% / Bundle only.

RuySan

Augur
Current haul:
Wolfenstein the new order
Dishonoured
Shadow warrior
Dragon age inquisition (on origin)

Dragon age inquisition tactical mode it's actually pretty cool. Too bad the systems and combat are otherwise so poor. It's still pretty and the characters are fine.

I might still buy far cry 4 because the shooty bang bang of the third felt so right

Last edited:
Rimworld
Factorio
Battlerite

First two didn't even have a discount, pretty shitty sale to be honest. However, I still have a bit of steam moneys left from the glorious CS:GO tournament drops days and i'v been wondering if there's a decent MP game in there somewhere that I might have missed, preferably at -50%. Been eyeing up The Division, but Uplay requirement is kind of a deal breaker, so yeah.

Azalin

Arcane
Patron
Just Disgaea and the Sorcery! bundle for me so far,thinking about Hard West.

I will wait for a few months for Tyranny,Dishonored 2,Deus Ex Mankind Divided and Total Warhammer when they have a good discount and/or a complete/GOTY edition

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom