Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

The STEAM Sales and Releases Thread

Makabb

Arcane
Shitposter Bethestard
FEAR + expansions for 2$, great deal

LESS T_T

Arcane
Codex 2014
The last weekly chart has some fresh faces:

#1 - Counter-Strike: Global Offensive
#2 - Divinity: Original Sin 2
#3 - Mad Max
#4 - NBA 2K17
#5 - ARK: Scorched Earth - Expansion Pack :lol:
#6 - Grand Theft Auto V
#7 - Rocket League®
#8 - Middle-earth: Shadow of Mordor Game of the Year Edition
#9 - Batman™: Arkham Knight
#10 - EVERSPACE™

Self-Ejected

Bubbles

I'm forever blowing
Wait, a paid expansion for an Early Access game that costs nearly as much as the base game? And people are buying it? That's genius!

Metro

Arcane
Beg Auditor
There's a group of Codexers that love the game. Also I'm pretty sure the guy behind it is Jeremy Stieglitz or Dungeon Defenders fame. Trendy recently won some kind of lawsuit against him involving a non-compete clause in his contract (or something like that). They walked away with millions... so ARK has be raking in a ton of money.

Hobo Elf

Arcane
Iceberg Interactive publisher weekend sale. Lots and lots of Space games. Any of them good, though? I have Starpoint Gemini 2 already but that game sucks.

Hobo Elf

Arcane
Battles of Norghan has just been released on steam and it only costs 9€! This is a fantasy gladiator sim where you assemble your team, train them, equip them and pit them against other gladiator schools in grid based turn based tactical RPG combat. I've only played the demo a long time ago, but I remember that it was pretty good. The game is a clone of the Finnish indie RPG series called Areena (of which I LPd the 4th one), except it has more depth to it, such as different melee weapons having different reach, more stats, more different races to recruit, more equipment and so on. Unlike the Areena games, however, Battles of Norghan is in english, so everyone can enjoy it.

Mozg

Arcane
Gothic/Gothic 2 Gold are on sale again

I have an oddly corrupted copy of Gothic 2 Gold that forces me to use two Gothic 2 Gold install discs and one Gothic 2 vanilla install disc to actually get it to work, so I guess it's time to say fuck you to that weird operation.

Hobo Elf

Arcane
Battles of Norghan has just been released on steam and it only costs 9€! This is a fantasy gladiator sim where you assemble your team, train them, equip them and pit them against other gladiator schools in grid based turn based tactical RPG combat.
If you want a Gladiator grid/turn-based RPG, grab either Dolphin or PCSX2 and take a look at Gladius:

I own that game for the GC. It's bretty gud.

Edit: Now I feel like digging up my Wii so I can play Gladius again :<

Last edited:

Lyric Suite

Converting to Islam
What the fuck!

Edge of Twilight, lost in time since 2009 is gonna be released today.
http://store.steampowered.com/app/489070/

I can remember the first trailer, this music guys, this music (credited to Mick Gordon)

Hopefully it won't be a shitty game now, but still the ambience should remain

So what about the music?

Setting looks interesting. Don't know what to make of the game itself, but i'm just going to assume it is going to be popamole trash with shitty try hard writing. I have 90% chances of being right so why not.

Latelistener

Arcane
Edge of Twilight, lost in time since 2009 is gonna be released today.
http://store.steampowered.com/app/489070/
I don't expect them to deliver something worthwhile after all this time, but then again, maybe it was shit to begin with? But I do like the music, and the setting.
I don't like the changes they made to the main character though. His "day" version was suppose to look more brutal, but now they both look gay.

1_edge_of_twilight_athyr_above.jpg

679313990_preview_cg1_thumb.png

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom