Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

The Steam Greenlight Thread - SHUT DOWN

Essegi

Cipher
Shadowcrypt

Shadowcrypt is a combat-oriented 2D arcade/platformer inspired by Zelda II: The Adventure of Link and the look & feel of the Castlevania series. It is reminiscent of classic hack 'n slash arcade games, with emphasis on tactical sword & shield combat, dark atmosphere and elegant simplicity.

Take on the role of a hero and explore a long-abandoned catacomb. Pick up weapon upgrades along the way, find the Necromancer and defeat his horde of undead warriors through a series of labyrinthine rooms and torch-lit corridors.

Features:
  • Engaging and visceral melee combat that keeps you on your toes.
  • Handcrafted animated sprites.
  • 70+ non-linear rooms.
  • Sword & shield upgrades, throwing spears, and elemental enchantments.

I am aiming to release the game on July 2014. Shadowcrypt is a passion project of mine and I would love to make it available to all Steam players out there. Thank you for visiting my Greenlight page!

Visit the official site for more info: http://www.shadowcrypt.net
Mhmhmhmh.... Upvoted, it seems nice! I played a lot Zelda 2.

SwiftCrack

Arcane
Upvoted that game too, and I guess if it makes the next batch it gets released really soon too.

Essegi

Cipher
Upvoted that game too, and I guess if it makes the next batch it gets released really soon too.
Oh, i noticed only now at indiedb that is "Coming Jul 6, 2014", definetly soon. Nice!

Along with KS...
InSomnia RPG
Q4 2015 on PC. Mac and Linux to be determined.
About the game

On a colossal spaceship, a young Noman awakens from cryogenic sleep—unknowingly holding humanity’s last best hope in his bare hands. . . .
InSomnia is a Dieselpunk RPG that transports you to a retro-futuristic space station on a 400-year journey in search of a new home. Explore the world as a Noman warrior—or hide in the shadows as an outcast. Perhaps you’ll be a charismatic leader—or maybe you’ll become an apex predator with bloodshot eyes and a thrill for the kill. Either way, you will have to muster the strength to survive in order to find out why mankind has embarked on such a risky journey through uncharted space. InSomnia offers an epic, non-linear storyline with many ‘points of no return’ (think of them as forks in the road) and deep, immersive gameplay. The fate of the space station’s many inhabitants will depend on your choices.
Join us in the metal corridors and crumbling machinery of InSomnia!

Key Features:

• Nonlinear Storyline - Embark on rich non-linear quests and missions with a multitude of possible solutions, complex decision-making, branched dialogue, puzzles & lots of Easter eggs.
  • Apocalyptic\diesel-punk stylistics with a dark, ambient musical score - Experience an RPG with the retro-futuristic styling of diesel-punk featuring man-made, apocalyptic landscapes. Explore the mysterious, colossal semi-abandoned space station that has been ominously on course to the mysterious ‘Evacuation Point’ for 400 years. All this underneath a dark, ambient musical score drawing the player in to this universe.
  • FreeDom of choice & Character development - Develop your character through tactical real-time combat & crafting systems. Combine hundreds of skills and abilities for your unique avatar, as well as manage and customize a huge number of items and equipment to produce a distinctive visual look.
  • Single Player\Co-op campaigns - Play through the atmospheric main campaign alone or with friends. Each player’s set of decisions and the choices they make in game will directly influence the main storyline.
  • Only the tough will survive! - Survive starvation, extreme weather, injuries. Uncover awesome loot in secret challenge rooms, so coop will be you of help!

Last edited:

Essegi

Cipher
Timespinner

Timespinner is a 2D Metroidvania Platformer for PC, Mac OS X, and Linux. The story follows Lunais, a young woman who travels through time to seek revenge on a technologically advanced empire for killing her family.

At its heart, the game is a child of the great pixelated classics of the SNES and PS1 age. From the rich story worlds of Star Ocean, the expansive gothic castle exploration in Castlevania, and the tight gameplay of Megaman X, Timespinner seeks to weave all of these elements into one amazing game.

As you play the game, you will:
- Stop time to evade foes, use them as platforms, and solve puzzles.
- Explore a large connected world with areas such as a medieval castle, a petrified forest, a bustling metropolis, and a space-age laboratory.
- Clobber enemies with Magic Orbs found throughout the world. Every Orb has both a unique melee and ranged-spell attack that grow in power the more you use them.
- Travel through time to different eras across the planet's tumultuous history and reach areas inaccessible in other time periods.
- Upgrade abilities and purchase new ones with Entropy Gems obtained from fallen foes and secret chests.
- Discover hidden areas and treasure through breakable walls and platforming puzzles
- Fight intense boss battles with heavy emphasis on skill, timing, and dodging.
- Adventure alongside companion Familiars such as Meyef, the dream dragon, and more!
Seems nice. On Kickstarter too.

Spellcrafter

Magic is not an art or religion. Magic is a craft.

Experience an amazing and unforgettable adventure set in a dark fantasy universe!

Spellcrafter will be an RPG game with deep tactical turn-based combat and a unique spell casting system. Explore the magical world, collect gold, interact with NPCs, take quests and make moral choices! Recruit heroes, assemble and summon powerful troops and send them into battle!

The unique feature of Spellcrafter will be the spell casting system. The game will recognize the sign you draw on the screen and will automatically choose the appropriate spell from the spellbook. If you won’t remember the correct sign you will be able to consult the spellbook, but beware! Reaching for the spellbook will take additional time and the quicker you cast your spell, the more powerful it will be!

The game will be divided into 3 acts. Each of them will tell a part from a compelling and magical story about the nature of reality, power and morality. You will be able to choose from three races and play as human, control necromancer forces or fight for the elves. Each act will feature 3 levels with a different setting.

Spellcrafter will be released as a Premium Game (no IAPs, no F2P mechanics).

Stay tuned for more information on this addictive and challenging title!
Eh? While could i like the Arx reminiscent spell casting i'm not sure i'll like a turn based game where i must hurry...

Last edited:

tuluse

Arcane
Serpent in the Staglands Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Shadorwun: Hong Kong
Spellcrafter will be released as a Premium Game (no IAPs, no F2P mechanics).
This is the world we live in.
Eh? While could i like the Arx reminiscent spell casting i'm not sure i'll like a turn based game where i must hurry...
Yeah, I'd rather see a resource that just gets used when you look at the spellbook.

sbb

Learned
Creaming my pants over this Shadowcrypt game. I've been looking for a modern game like Zelda II for a while. Are there any other good ones?

Essegi

Cipher
This is the world we live in.
Yeah, I'd rather see a resource that just gets used when you look at the spellbook.
I don't really know, taking your time is a thing i like.:D
Creaming my pants over this Shadowcrypt game. I've been looking for a modern game like Zelda II for a while. Are there any other good ones?
Not that i know... But there are some hacks of Zelda 2...
I remember also Faxanadu of nes time... Nice game.
I don't know if you know/like metroidvania games (maybe you could argue that Zelda 2 is not a metrodivania, but are similar). UnEpic is awesome, imho one of the best indie ever.

EDIT:
Rampage Knights

Rampage Knights is a cooperative beat 'em up game mixed up with randomized dungeon crawling and exploration which you can play alone or with a friend online.

You play as a hero trapped by a spell in a magical forest. All paths lead to a nearby ruined castle, where the source of the black magic covering the land is dwelling.

The game is inspired by the catchy formula of Binding of Isaac mixed with classic melee combat from games like Golden Axe. Each run you start with a bare hero and your goal is to get as far as possible in a dungeon with randomized items, spells, traps and encounters. Along the way your character evolves and changes (visually and gameplay-wise) as you find better weapons, items, magic powers and fight harder and harder monsters. Eventually you reach the final boss at the bottom of the pit (or your death).

You can play the game alone or with a friend online. We decided to focus online multiplayer on two people for now, mainly for technical reasons. If we see enough interest in the project we will add a stretch goal for three or four people multiplayer.

The main game features:
  • Melee combat inspired by games like Golden Axe.
  • Randomly generated environment.
  • Gameplay is split into short (up to 60 minutes) separate runs.
  • Your hero evolves with new abilities and visually changes along the way.
  • The game contains lost of spells, weapons and other items with game changing properties.
  • There is a long term progression system where you can level up different classes of your hero and unlock new things in the game.
    Do you like our game? Please support us at IndieGoGo https://www.indiegogo.com/projects/rampage-knights. Demo is available here: http://download.rakeingrass.com/rampage_knights_demo/demo.html
Melee combat inspired by games like Golden Axe (with a more dumb style). I must try the demo of that. Also on indiegogo (with 0 funds gathered in one day...).

Last edited:

Metro

Arcane
Beg Auditor
Looks like a standard beat-em-up, there's dozens out there.

Essegi

Cipher
I don't know much of that types of games.
Are there some good ones with random level generation and coop?

Essegi

Cipher
Thanks, never tired, maybe i should watch this one. Now that i think Legend of Dungeon.

sbb

Learned
Thanks, never tired, maybe i should watch this one. Now that i think Legend of Dungeon.
Legend of Dungeon's a good one too. Not really a beat-em-up per se, but pretty close is Hammerwatch, which is also an excellent game.

Metro

Arcane
Beg Auditor
I don't know much of that types of games.
Are there some good ones with random level generation and coop?

Castle Crashers is basically a straight rip off of Golden Axe. As is Sacred Citadel.

Essegi

Cipher
As is Sacred Citadel.
I tried a bit Sacred Citadel (forgot about that title, got from a bundle) and didn't appeal me much... Maybe on coop... Thanks for suggestion btw.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom