Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

The Steam Greenlight Thread - SHUT DOWN

Krraloth

Prophet
Patron
Wasteland 2
Shufflepuck Cafe' :love:

DalekFlay

Arcane
Patron
Pretty sure any indie without amazing sales is told to go Greenlight now, even though Valve themselves admit Greenlight is flawed.

Don't question Valve though! Gaben is a god!

Multi-headed Cow

I would vote for Eschalon but every vote that isn't for Zafehouse Diaries is against Zafehouse diaries. I am making a stand.

Crooked Bee

(no longer) a wide-wandering bee
Patron
Codex 2013 Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire MCA Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
Valve's Greenlight policy for indie devs looks ridiculous and pretty humiliating, even. Books 1 and 2 are on Steam already, so what the fuck?

Bruticis

Indie devs humiliated because of greenlight? Oh ho ho, good one.

Spectacle

Arcane
Patron

Dexter

Arcane
A lot of crap seems to have gotten through too though.
I really hope they know what they are doing and they can somewhat curate all these entries, I don't want Steam to become another "AppStore" phenomenon.

Bruticis

Become? LOL, good one. Steam is so infested with shovelware shit, it's not even funny. That battle is over, done, lost. At this point I'm just happy to see some non-shit greenlit stuff.

Metro

Arcane
Beg Auditor
Become? LOL, good one. Steam is so infested with shovelware shit, it's not even funny. That battle is over, done, lost. At this point I'm just happy to see some non-shit greenlit stuff.

Save me my Paranautical Activity keyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy

Correct_Carlo

Arcane
I think some devs use greenlight more as pre-game hype and advertising. Obviously, that won't work for everyone given the shitty way that Greenlight is set up, but with a (relatively) known brand like the "Eschalon" series I could see sales being higher after going through Greenlight for several months as opposed to just suddenly dumping onto steam some random weekday with zero pre-release fanfare.

Dieithrio

Educated
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin
With adventure elements and (possibly) good story. I'm sure interested.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom