Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

The Steam Greenlight Thread - SHUT DOWN

sbb

Learned
It's a great game in its own right, though

Metro

Arcane
Beg Auditor
What is? Castle Crashers? It's fun but very shallow. Yes, Golden Axe was shallow but it predates CC by what... twenty years or more? That's why I said it's a straight rip-off.

sbb

Learned
I'd agree that it's very shallow. I think it gets a lot of mileage out of its character roster though

Metro

Arcane
Beg Auditor
Just stop, it'll save me the trouble of correcting you. There is no mileage to get out of grinding the characters. They all have the same basic attacks, the only thing that varies is their magic and even then there is repetition every fifth or so character. The only replay to be had is from console kiddies with nothing better to do but farm skins.

Metro

Arcane
Beg Auditor
There's literally no purpose to Greenlight anymore with all this trash.

sbb

Learned
Walk animations look like shit but it does look neat. Not really sure how the game actually works, though. Do you explore the world and occasionally come across points you have to sit and defend? It looks to me like a mixture of Orcs Must Die (never played, though) and Risk Of Rain. Pretty cool

Essegi

Cipher
Crawl finally on early access (and on Desura too):

Lately i barely play for time issues, but i'm interested in local coop for some chaotic fun and that looks just glorious.

sbb

Learned
Played the Runers demo. It's a huge piece of shit in that special way only top down shooters can be. A boring piece of shit. Though, the spell crafting system or whatever you wanna call it is pretty neat.

tuluse

Arcane
Serpent in the Staglands Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Shadorwun: Hong Kong
Lately i barely play for time issues, but i'm interested in local coop for some chaotic fun and that looks just glorious.
looks like there is a lot of chaos for chaos sake instead of actually allowing a normal human to be able to dodge and react.

Essegi

Cipher
looks like there is a lot of chaos for chaos sake instead of actually allowing a normal human to be able to dodge and react.
I'm curious to see what reviews and people say about that...

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom