Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Butthurt The Slaughtering Grounds devs try to sue trolls, get taken down from Steam, lol

Taka-Haradin puolipeikko

Filthy Kalinite
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Bubbles In Memoria
https://techraptor.net/content/digital-homicide-dismiss-steam-users
Digital-Homicide-Dismiss-Case.png

gaussgunner

Arcane
I bet his lawyer is all like "Yes yes, we can win this! Just sign here, and here and here goyim!"
He's representing himself. That's what "pro se" means.

I also like the language in this thing. "destroyed completely" "untold other damages" etc. Like Steam just came to his house, burned it down, killed his family and told all his friends his is a pedo.
Well, he ain't no lawyer. Judges don't take kindly to exaggerating hand-waving drama queens.

Turjan

Arcane
This has gone from "crazy" to "pathetic". So he had an error in the filing. Plus, he hoped to pay the fee for his subpoenas from future sales on Steam. Also, who has heard of courts returning fees for procedures they already started working on?

At least temperatures are going down in Phoenix, and living in the streets is getting a bit more tolerable.

A user named cat

The only fitting conclusion to this story is for James Romine to unmask at the end of this tale and reveal himself as Prosper.

PulsatingBrain

Huge and Ever-Growing
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Codex+ Now Streaming! Enjoy the Revolution! Another revolution around the sun that is. My team has the sexiest and deadliest waifus you can recruit. Pathfinder: Wrath
Their games obviously looks like total fucking trash. What confuses me is that anyone could look at the screenshots on the page, and not know right away it was awful.

Are these people mad that theytrolled themselves by buying the game or something?

Not siding with the devs in anyway, but the people buying these games are retarded too

DraQ

Arcane
This has gone from "crazy" to "pathetic". So he had an error in the filing. Plus, he hoped to pay the fee for his subpoenas from future sales on Steam. Also, who has heard of courts returning fees for procedures they already started working on?

At least temperatures are going down in Phoenix, and living in the streets is getting a bit more tolerable.
So, if I understood this correctly, digital suicide has just got upgraded to a financial one?
:M
:avatard:

Turjan

Arcane

So, if I understood this correctly, digital suicide has just got upgraded to a financial one?
:M
:avatard:
If we can believe the sob story up there, yes. It's funny how, with such a few words, he managed to give so many juicy details. Like when he went to the sheriff's office and just got a blank stare in return.

But who knows, maybe the court wants to prolong our entertainment and grants that 90 day extension. Then the plaintiff can go and rob a few gas stations to pay for the subpoenas and summons. Guns cannot be seized in a bankruptcy in Arizona, so he will keep those.

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2...s-drops-case-following-financial-difficulties

Developer suing Steam users drops case following financial difficulties
"I believe the case was very solid," Digital Homicide insists.

Last month developer Digital Homicide Studios' games were removed from Steam after the company decided to sue 100 Steam customers for around $18m after leaving negative reviews. At the time Valve diplomatically called the developer's action "being hostile to Steam customers."

As reported by Techraptor, the case has now been dropped by Digital Homicide, who claimed to not have enough money to follow through on this legal battle.

Last week the developer filed a motion to get the case dismissed without prejudice, meaning that Digital Homicide would recoup its court fees. Barring that, it would like to have a 90-day extension to come up with more money so it can go through with its initial plan.

Digital Homicide presents The Crazy Adventures of Poo Flung Doo.

Digital Homicide's James Romine offered Techraptor the following statement regarding his perspective on the matter, in which he claims that the negative reviews were full of false information, effectively making them slanderous and financially damaging to the company.

"The case dismissal was only due to financial reasons caused by the removal of our games. I believe the case was very solid. There were in excess of 140 false statements by the 11 Steam users, tens of thousands of posts harassing myself and my customers, three direct interference with written contracts with third parties by Steam users (some of which were competitors), and much more. A combined in excess of 25 reports were filed against the worst users of the 11 with no resolutions being found."

Romine further lashed out at Valve, wherein he likened its poor moderation to that of a mall charging rent for a store, then offering no security.

"Insufficient harassment control mechanism's is definitely the other problem. A review should be enough of a open area to discuss displeasure of actual customers. When I ban someone who isn't even a customer that's been harassing me for 18+ months after reporting them 3-12 times, for a false statement or harassing me or a customer - I don't expect to have to listen to them insult me for two-to-three days afterwards in a direct communication line. If I do - it's a problem with moderation controls," Romine railed.

"Why is 30 per cent of my sales a proper cut without supplying security that would be expected in any business environment. It's like a mall charging you rent for a shop and mall security staying at the donut shop all day while you get mobbed and looted. Then I get competitors leaving bad reviews on my launches, putting false statements in my reviews and running the game on unsupported platforms to make it look broken, and when I complain I am ignored. This would be like the next shop over in the mall coming next door and posting signs on my business with false information on them. How is that logically allowable?"

A scene from Digital Homicide's ELT: The Extra Large Testicle.

According to the motion Digital Homicide filed, the company first spoke to a sheriff about its situation, citing Arizona State Law 13-2921 which defines harassment as "Conduct that is directed at a specific person and that would cause a reasonable person to be seriously alarmed, annoyed or harassed and the conduct in fact seriously alarms, annoys or harasses the person." Digital Homicide claimed that the sheriff was unable to assist in the matter, but advised the developer sue instead.

Metro

Arcane
Beg Auditor
Guess that saves Valve a thousand bucks filing a motion to dismiss.

Severian Silk

The only fitting conclusion to this story is for James Romine to unmask at the end of this tale and reveal himself as Prosper.
If this game had prosper's 3D character models, I would consider it money well spent.

Somberlain

Arcane
Zionist Agent
According to the motion Digital Homicide filed, the company first spoke to a sheriff about its situation, citing Arizona State Law 13-2921 which defines harassment as "Conduct that is directed at a specific person and that would cause a reasonable person to be seriously alarmed, annoyed or harassed and the conduct in fact seriously alarms, annoys or harasses the person.

I haven't exactly gotten the impression that Mr. Romine is a reasonable person.

gaussgunner

Arcane
If this game had prosper's 3D character models, I would consider it money well spent.
lol, made me look. You just may be right. OTOH, Prosper wanted $10 for a 3D turd model and $60 for his game. At least DH was only charging $1 for their game.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom