Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Incline The Sims 4

Shadenuat

Arcane
So am I one of very few people who plays Sims just to read new funny item descriptions?
So I don't even mind mosaic :M

RK47

collides like two planets pulled by gravity
Patron
Dead State Divinity: Original Sin
I like the music too.
I want to buy the 4th cause I'm so bored atm but I feel without content, Sims 4 vanilla will just last barely a week before uninstall.

Turisas

Arch Devil
Patron
I like the music too.
I want to buy the 4th cause I'm so bored atm but I feel without content, Sims 4 vanilla will just last barely a week before uninstall.

Hang in there, the Originless crack should be out soon enough. Or you can play it now if you don't mind installing that piece of shit.

Shadenuat

Arcane
It's barebones, I can't believe the price they're trying to push it for. Truly a NHL-level product. Make a copy every few years, add some changes, sell gazillion units and DLCs. Textures look worse than Sims 3. Sims themselves don't look like overgrown babies and dorks anymore though.
Lots are small and there's not much to do. I've read all item descriptions and uninstalled in an hour :M

Astral Rag

Arcane
There is no acne in this version of EA's Sims DLC Framework™, some other things that are missing:
No create a style (CAST) - NOT possible in future expansions (x)
No modifications to world/public spaces – The park in the demo is a mix of a community lot and public space (x1) (x2)
No “normal” careers - Law enforcement, Medical, Business, etc. were removed (x)
No open world – You must incur a loading screen between each active lot; each neighborhood has 1-5 lots total (x1) (x2)
No pools (x)
No terrain tools other than paint; everything is perfectly flat (x)
No story progression – Sims in the neighborhood age, but do not have children, get jobs, move, get married…etc. without player intervention (x)
No toddlers (x)
No way to create/place new lots – And you only have 2 empty ones at the start of the game!
No Mac version of the game at release

MAJOR CRIPPLED/LIMITED FEATURES THAT WERE IN TS3:

All buildings on a lot must have the same foundation. No mixing for sheds, garages, etc. (x)
Babies are mere objects – All interactions are through basinet. There are no baby objects. Babies can only be lifted directly above basinet. (x)
Backgrounds are illusions – The buildings in the background are not playable in the game. (x)
Completely FLAT lots – The entire build-able world is completely flat (x)
Fewer floors/levels, limited to three (x1) (x2)
SIGNIFICANTLY smaller “worlds” of <25 lots compared to 125+ lots in TS3 (x)
Smaller lots – Lots are limited to 50×50 instead of 64×64. (x)
Loading screens for individual lots (x)
The map is a one-dimensional picture (x)
Teens are same height as adults and they, along with elders, all look nearly identical. (x)

OTHER MISSING GAMEPLAY ELEMENTS FROM TS1-TS3:

No aliens (x)
No animated hair (x)
No aspiration failures (x)
No babysitters (x)
No bartender (as NPC) (x)
No basements (x)
No bookstores (x)
No burglars (x)
No cars (not even as décor) (x)
No cemeteries (x)
No cutscenes (x)
No cleaning skill (x)
No clothes shopping (x)
No color wheel, predefined to ~20 colors (x)
No comfort need (x)
No curfew (x)
No customization of multi-tone hair color (users select only main color) (x)
No dinner proposals (x)
No diseases or illness (x)
No dreams (x)
No environment need
No eyelash length slider (x)
No favorites (food, color, music) (x)
No fears (x)
No full face make-up (x)
No garage doors (x)
No gardener for hire (x)
No ghosts (x1) (x2)
No grocery stores (x)
No male body hair (x)
No move object cheat (x)
No newspapers (x)
No opacity slider for makeup (x)
No party invitations from other Sims
No private school (x)
No rabbit holes at all – Sims move offscreen for work and school. There are no hospitals, work/school buildings…etc. (x)
No random or accidental deaths
No repairman (x)
No repo man - (x)
No restaurants
No skin slider (x)
No swimming/swimwear – Including lakes, fountains, etc. (x)
No tragic clown or social bunny (x)
No way to watch a Sim commute to work/school (x)
No website for browsing exchange or store (in-game only)
No zodiac signs

MISSING OBJECTS FROM TS1, TS2 OR TS3 BASE GAMES:

No bikes
No changing tables
No cribs
No dishwashers (x)
No highchairs
No hot tubs
No pool tables
No trash compactors (x)

:negative:

Last edited:
Self-Ejected

Bubbles

I'm forever blowing
Says a lot about the Codex that this has an Incline tag.

Norfleet

So, I looked at the dump of the Python scripts someone made. It seems to include a broad selection of things, so it may very well be comprehensive...but there's basically fuck all in there. There doesn't seem to be a lot of complex logic in there, it looks extremely shallow. Would those of you who have actually gotten the game agree with this assessment?

So something that combined with sectioned off neighborhoods could run on most computers and be doable as an always-online mmo style game.

Raghar

Arcane
Vatnik
No, girls don't want to eat from dishes with sperm leftovers. Also think about children and visitors.

(Actually I doubt there is faster way to jail for suspicion for child abuse and pedophilia than cleaning dishes by a penis.)

WalkinDude

Augur
Patron
Codex 2014
I have a dishwasher in my apt and I've never used it.

Then again I prefer hand washing my laundry too but when it gets to the point that I have no clean clothes for the next day I cave in and use the washer/dryer combo like a filthy casual.

Self-Ejected

Irenaeus

Self-Ejected
Patron
Dumbfuck Repressed Homosexual The Real Fanboy
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Divinity: Original Sin Torment: Tides of Numenera
I have a dishwasher in my apt and I've never used it.

Then again I prefer hand washing my laundry too but when it gets to the point that I have no clean clothes for the next day I cave in and use the washer/dryer combo like a filthy casual.

original.png

Drax

Arcane
So, I've tried to play this "game", got bored pretty much right after finishing character creation, which is probably the more amusing part of the "gameplay".
Building is pretty easy but terribly limited. The rest is pretty much Sims 3 minus things because reasons.

:1/5:

Drax

Arcane
We'll have to wait for proper body mods for that, so far, using the censor-removal, it's like playing with freaking barbies, no bush, no nipples, an Abomination unto Nuggan...

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom