Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

The Secret World

bozia2012

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again!
Haven't experienced any bugs since AN was rolled out, but then I'm only running a few fast quests everyday.

hello friend

Arcane
FUNCOM FFFUUUUCCKKKK YOU for making the tokyo quest with the teleporting girls in the parking lot a mandatory part of the main quest. It's been a long time since a game has made me want to murder someone. Whoever designed that quest should be shot. I'm sure it was a sadist, those girls with that snide giggle every time you die, and waiting for the gates to open, only to be gangraped by little children, waiting for the gates to open, rinse and repeat. I want to break something.

Anyway, great game. bylam you can take that to the bank. Gonna have to subscribe just to support the company, can't keep playing this for free. Please deliver my thanks and my fuck you to the team. Herlighed for noge vas, må du gje deg

Humppaleka

Cipher
I played to Savage Coast a few years ago and dropped it for other projects. Thoroughly enjoyed. Now I'm thinking, if starting again, should I switch to Legends or still try and go by with the classic client?

bozia2012

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again!
I played to Savage Coast a few years ago and dropped it for other projects. Thoroughly enjoyed. Now I'm thinking, if starting again, should I switch to Legends or still try and go by with the classic client?
No reason to use the old one (if it even works...), unless you're some orthodoxfag.

New one is maybe even more solo friendly BTW.

Zombra

An iron rock in the river of blood and evil
Patron
Make the Codex Great Again! RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Serpent in the Staglands Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
The only good reason to stay with the old client is to keep your old character progress.

bylam

Funcom
Developer
FUNCOM FFFUUUUCCKKKK YOU for making the tokyo quest with the teleporting girls in the parking lot a mandatory part of the main quest. It's been a long time since a game has made me want to murder someone. Whoever designed that quest should be shot. I'm sure it was a sadist, those girls with that snide giggle every time you die, and waiting for the gates to open, only to be gangraped by little children, waiting for the gates to open, rinse and repeat. I want to break something.

Anyway, great game. bylam you can take that to the bank. Gonna have to subscribe just to support the company, can't keep playing this for free. Please deliver my thanks and my fuck you to the team. Herlighed for noge vas, må du gje deg

I think I wrote the original design, but Mr Amiel really took the gameplay design there to the next level. Glad to hear it still works though :P

Glad you like it! I miss TSW - so much fun to just spit out ideas for different modern questing scenarios and then see how we could make them work mechanically. Funcom really needs to let me make a single player RPG in that universe (No The Park doesn't count, that was more a tech demo for Unreal than anything)

Zombra

Patron
Make the Codex Great Again! RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Serpent in the Staglands Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Funcom really needs to let me make a single player RPG in that universe

webonic_blackfriday-400x210.jpg

agentorange

Arcane
Patron
rpghq (cant read codex pms cuz of fag 2fa)
Codex 2012
The Secret World should have been a single-player RPG.
This. I downloaded the game a few months ago and tried it. I was enjoying the quests, especially the ones where solving a puzzle or riddle takes into account the usage of internet searching, as well as the general tone and style of the game. But my god the amount of watered down MMO grinding was staggering, the last straw was killing a boss in a dungeon, opening a chest and seeing some prompt telling me that I could reopen the chest if I was willing to pay for a key. Please just make a single player adventure game.

vampiregrave

Educated
Next update announced:

379af85a4ffae97817cb64d5bf40bb560010b439_1_690x263.png

The fuse is lit. Philip Marquard, leader of the Morninglight, has been making moves in a hotbed of cultist operations: New Dawn. A mysterious text was sent to your phone. It’s time to come out of the shadows and spring into action.

Infiltrate the New Dawn compound. Rise up within their ranks. Experience brand new, fully voice-acted missions, defeat new creatures inspired by ancient folklore, and uncover the sinister truths of the Morninglight cult in this thrilling new chapter of Secret World Legends.

Grab your passport, book your flights, and buckle up. You’re about to to go on one hell of a ride.

Welcome to South Africa. Coming April 4th, 2018.

Source: Official SWL Forums

Trailer:

Zombra

Patron
Can we get some doomsayers in here saying that THIS will doubtless be the very last update and after this Funcom will go bankrupt and abandon the game FOR SURE THIS TIME? You guys are running way behind schedule, shoulda been here by now.

bozia2012

Arcane
Patron
*clears throat* Looks like a reuse of assets (hyenas from Conan etc.). Probably a small area with a lot of repeatable faction rank grinding content.

Lhynn

Arcane
Can we get some doomsayers in here saying that THIS will doubtless be the very last update and after this Funcom will go bankrupt and abandon the game FOR SURE THIS TIME? You guys are running way behind schedule, shoulda been here by now.
The content from this update will take most players like 6 hours to complete. then 500 hours to farm.

Lhynn

Arcane
So the agent update still crashes the game. Also the rewards from the system are so bad you are better off deleting them than actually using them.

Rahdulan

Omnibus
Patron
What the hell is even going on with Steam's Legends client? Not only does opting for a full download not actually download the game fully seeing as it keeps streaming... something while you play, but it also absolutely sinks performance to unplayable level during said process. I don't think this was the case some moons ago when I last checked out SWL on Steam. Has Funcom borked it for good this time?

bozia2012

Arcane
Patron
What the hell is even going on with Steam's Legends client? Not only does opting for a full download not actually download the game fully seeing as it keeps streaming... something while you play, but it also absolutely sinks performance to unplayable level during said process. I don't think this was the case some moons ago when I last checked out SWL on Steam. Has Funcom borked it for good this time?
This has been an issue since AoC days. There was a time you could choose to download all data in the launcher and the game would only stream some shit after patches when zoning. No idea what's going right now, keeping the client installed at all times because lockboxes.

Bigg Boss

Arcane
I just started this but have no friends to play with since I lack the necessary social skills required due to being a shell of a human being.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom