Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

The Secret World

meanwhile i reached transilvania.
i really miss the old pvp rewards because it looks like i haven't been able to put together half a decent equipment. i can barely survive a group of 3 swearwolves at level 50 :/

Lhynn

Arcane
meanwhile i reached transilvania.
i really miss the old pvp rewards because it looks like i haven't been able to put together half a decent equipment. i can barely survive a group of 3 swearwolves at level 50 :/
New pvp rewards are even better. Doing shambala for like an hour will net you tons of gear and anima shards to improve your gear.

anvi

Prophet
Village Idiot
So what you gonna spend your last 10 mill on? :D

Conan Exiles, SWL and then hopefully a couple of other things in the pipeline. We also signed a deal for publishing and developing a game that the the codex might like - http://www.funcom.com/investors/funcom_and_bearded_dragon_cooperating_on_new_game_title - but it hasn't really been announced yet.
"tactical turn-based strategy"
!!!!!
:O

Make a modern Betrayal at Krondor! You have good programmers and art people, but the design choices are fail and the head honcho overlords are steering the ship onto rocks. Just gotta follow Rule 1 of game design:

And please god no more mmo's... Not until Pantheon tests the water at least.
oL01W

oL01W

Last edited:

Archibald

Arcane
So lets put all this butthurt about Funcom going out of business or not aside. I'm thinking about trying this game out more like a casual player, couple of hours a week here and there. Is it worth trying it out with such mindset? Also, do I have to use Steam for it or is there some separate client?

Lhynn

Arcane
So lets put all this butthurt about Funcom going out of business or not aside. I'm thinking about trying this game out more like a casual player, couple of hours a week here and there. Is it worth trying it out with such mindset?
Id say thats the only mindset where the game is worth playing

Also, do I have to use Steam for it or is there some separate client?
Just get it from their official page.
https://secretworldlegends.com/
You can get the client from your account page after you create it.

Stokowski

Arcane
Heh. Oh yeah, they're totally coming after me for linking to the actual stock exchange numbers.

What the fuck is wrong with you? Your own links utterly refute the claims you make, as per usual. There is such a colossal disconnect between reality and your "interpretation" of it that it is truly astounding. It explains so much about what has happened at your company.

Normally, there'd be little point in showing up yet another incompetent and/or lying dev, but frankly, you're the fish that stinks up the barrel far too much.

anvi

Prophet
Village Idiot
So lets put all this butthurt about Funcom going out of business or not aside. I'm thinking about trying this game out more like a casual player, couple of hours a week here and there. Is it worth trying it out with such mindset? Also, do I have to use Steam for it or is there some separate client?
Yeah you would love it seeing as you are a dumb fuck. It was made for your kind.

Zombra

An iron rock in the river of blood and evil
Patron
Make the Codex Great Again! RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Serpent in the Staglands Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
I'm thinking about trying this game out more like a casual player, couple of hours a week here and there. Is it worth trying it out with such mindset?
Absolutely. It's fine single player so you don't need to worry about "keeping up with the guild", missions range from bite-sized to a half hour or so (maybe longer for Investigations) and you can pause them any time. The tutorial will take around an hour I think.

Also, do I have to use Steam for it or is there some separate client?

Client download available separately.

Last edited:

Jaesun

Fabulous Ex-Moderator
Patron
MCA

DeepOcean

Arcane
Man, I'm curious to explore Transilvania as I didn't finish this are and Tokyo but the idea of passing through Egypt really discourage me.:negative:

Zombra

An iron rock in the river of blood and evil
Patron
Make the Codex Great Again! RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Serpent in the Staglands Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Man, I'm curious to explore Transilvania as I didn't finish this are and Tokyo but the idea of passing through Egypt really discourage me.:negative:
One thing I'm finding interesting with the new level system is that I'm overlevelling most of the content by doing everything. I bet you could blaze through the MQ Egypt line pretty fast. That's what I'm planning with my solo character, only doing missions at my level and hopefully turbocharging back to Transylvania (where I also lost steam during the TSW days).

Kem0sabe

Arcane
Yeah, if you are a completionist, I went for the 10 ap / sp achievement on every zone so far, you will be extremely overleveled for each zone.

That combined with less mob density, easier difficulty, only 10 players per zone, makes it so that you just auto run from place to place on the map vacuuming quests, mobs and exp without breaking a sweat.

actually not. even at level 50 you don't overlevel many mobs in the second egypt map nor they're easy to beat. two level 50 of us (but with normal equipment) took some effort to do all of its main quests. it's not been hard, but still it was a 2 people effort.

and do you remember all those purple items you could buy with pvp points which were just perfect? they've been moved, they're now consolation prizes for whales. fuck you fuckncom.

Kem0sabe

Arcane
actually not. even at level 50 you don't overlevel many mobs in the second egypt map nor they're easy to beat. two level 50 of us (but with normal equipment) took some effort to do all of its main quests. it's not been hard, but still it was a 2 people effort.

and do you remember all those purple items you could buy with pvp points which were just perfect? they've been moved, they're now consolation prizes for whales. fuck you fuckncom.
Really? Maybe you haven't upgraded your gear? I blasted through valley of the sun God with little problem.

Kem0sabe

Arcane
Johnny Depp’s Infinitum Nihil To Produce ‘The Secret World’ TV Series Based On Video Game

Johnny Depp’s Infinitum Nihil has partnered with G4C Innovation’s Gudrun Giddings to produce The Secret World, a television series based on the globally successful MMO game The Secret World and its recently released reboot Secret World Legends.

RELATED

Rosemarie DeWitt & Danny Huston Join Johnny Depp In 'Richard Says...

The TV adaptation, which is being written by James V. Hart (Hook, Crossbones) and Jake Hart, with former CSI: NY showrunner Pam Veasey on board as showrunner, will be based on the universe of the Secret World IP. It will center on a team of undercover agents and the shadowy war between secret societies: the Illuminati, Dragon and the Templar. Central to the plot is their battle against the supernatural in an adventure that spans across our world, and incorporates the realms of ancient myths and legends, as well as today’s conspiracy theories and headline news.

Johnny Depp, Christi Dembrowski, Sam Sarkar and Gudrun Giddings will produce with Veasey.

“The Secret World is the ideal gaming experience to translate into a live-action episodic adventure,” said Veasey.

Created by Norwegian developer and publisher Funcom, the original game was first published in 2012 as one of that year’s top games .

Rex/Shutterstock

“The Secret Worlduniverse is full of stories just waiting to be told,” said Rui Casais, CEO of Funcom. From secret societies to myths and legends that are all coming true, The Secret World captures some of humanity’s greatest mysteries and asks ‘What if?'”

Giddings, who optioned the media rights to The Secret World in 2012, had been developing the project with Sarkar from its inception.

“It’s one of the most character driven and well developed games I know of and naturally lends itself to fantastical storylines with intriguing characters, a thrilling and binge-worthy international TV show,” Giddings said.

Added Sarkar, “From the moment Gudrun first brought this to me, I loved this property. I live for conspiracy theory. I don’t believe it, but I love it. This is the secret story of the people who rule the people who rule the world.”

The project was packaged by CAA.

The Secret World is the latest video game franchise to be developed as TV series. It follows Myst, a drama series based on the classic 1990s video game, which was given a script-to-series commitment at Hulu. And Paramount TV and Anonymous Content optioned the rights to the Battlefield video game property to adapt as a TV series

http://deadline.com/2017/08/johnny-...s-video-game-secret-world-legends-1202148581/

Lhynn

Arcane
Its not a bad idea, its quite possibly one of the very few MMO settings that could be televised and offer great stories.

thesheeep

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012 Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Torment: Tides of Numenera Codex USB, 2014 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Bubbles In Memoria A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Ouch:

Most of this sounds absolutely horrible, and I usually trust this guy's reviews.
Be prepared for one hour of constantly shaking your head.

Oh, Funcom, what were you thinking? :lol:

Well, at least it seems to be "fine" if you just want to go through the story content once and then quit.

Last edited:

Jaesun

Fabulous Ex-Moderator
Patron
MCA
I LOVE this setting. It will however be a complete miracle if this series even makes it to a second season.

For example the ill fated VTM TV show (if you didn't know this exists, it DOES), which was quickly cancelled.... :negative:

anvi

Prophet
Village Idiot
The world doesn't need any more fucking zombie and vampire crap.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom