Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

The Secret World

Zombra

An iron rock in the river of blood and evil
Patron
Make the Codex Great Again! RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Serpent in the Staglands Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
fwiw

https://www.reddit.com/r/SecretWorl...ant_progress_story_mission_a_time_to/djjdrb1/
Khanter 2 points 28 days ago

The 2nd assembly part is indeed buggy. For me and a friend what worked was moving the whole assembly plan around, getting the central piece out, right clicking it on inventory, closing assembly window, opening it again... Just fiddling around with everything about it until it somehow works, not sure what exactly fixes it.

Lhynn

Arcane
Its not bugged, i had problems assembling it but i can tell you the guide at unfair is wrong.

Varvarg

Educated
played a bit. can't get a grip of the combat. playing the pistoleer. Not very clear wtf is happening in combat. seems like a clusterfudge. What the hell is it with the spinning ammo cylinders??! Seems random and useless? Same with shotgun. I'm sure im missing something. Noticing you can fire the second pistol with Q. Idk. I feel old.

GFX and music seems slick though, so maybe i'll power through. And at least the starting quests feels original compared to other mmo:s

Edit: OOOHH, so you just alternate between shots to line up correct color. yeah! Still, seems akward. Still don't know whats up with the shotgun reload, the U.I is not clear IMO. The meters are very small. Had to squint to see the "dodge" cooldown meter.

J_C

One Bit Studio
Patron
Developer
Project: Eternity Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath
played a bit. can't get a grip of the combat. playing the pistoleer. Not very clear wtf is happening in combat. seems like a clusterfudge. What the hell is it with the spinning ammo cylinders??! Seems random and useless? Same with shotgun. I'm sure im missing something. Noticing you can fire the second pistol with Q. Idk. I feel old.

GFX and music seems slick though, so maybe i'll power through. And at least the starting quests feels original compared to other mmo:s

Edit: OOOHH, so you just alternate between shots to line up correct color. yeah! Still, seems akward. Still don't know whats up with the shotgun reload, the U.I is not clear IMO. The meters are very small. Had to squint to see the "dodge" cooldown meter.
I would say RTFM if the game had a manual. Anyway, I say look up some tutorials about the game mechanics.

J_C

One Bit Studio
Patron
Developer
Project: Eternity Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath
steam still launches the game launcher.
Sorry, I meant i don't like downloading separate clients, I like haveing everything on Steam and GOG. Also, Funcom's download speeds are abysmal, sometimes I downloaded at just a few kilobytes. I assume Steam will be faster.

Lhynn

Arcane
Forget about the pistol mechanic. Its passive. If you get a matching set it does extra damage for 3 seconds, it spins every time you finish using a pistol skill, but it can largely be ignored in combat as you have no real control over it.
Just use unload and your target will melt in front of your eyes.
Shotgun mechanic is the following: 1 skill = shell, you have 6 shells in total per reload, after you use them up every skill you have turns into a different kind of ammo load (Red: fire damage, Blue: 10% extra damage against the creature, purple: grants extra damage and green: restore your health). Best damage is either red or purple, unless in a group which is blue. Greens are mostly for tanking. Its rng but the more shotty skills you have slotted the more options for reload you get. Shotgun as a primary works best if you use odds and evens passive, which grants 15% extra skill damage on even numbers, and 70% extra basic damage on odd number of shell left. So you alternate.

Pistol and shotgun do insane damage, they are both great, and shotgun is also great for tanking and utility.

Varvarg

Educated
Forget about the pistol mechanic. Its passive. If you get a matching set it does extra damage for 3 seconds, it spins every time you finish using a pistol skill, but it can largely be ignored in combat as you have no real control over it.
Just use unload and your target will melt in front of your eyes.
Shotgun mechanic is the following: 1 skill = shell, you have 6 shells in total per reload, after you use them up every skill you have turns into a different kind of ammo load (Red: fire damage, Blue: 10% extra damage against the creature, purple: grants extra damage and green: restore your health). Best damage is either red or purple, unless in a group which is blue. Greens are mostly for tanking. Its rng but the more shotty skills you have slotted the more options for reload you get. Shotgun as a primary works best if you use odds and evens passive, which grants 15% extra skill damage on even numbers, and 70% extra basic damage on odd number of shell left. So you alternate.

Pistol and shotgun do insane damage, they are both great, and shotgun is also great for tanking and utility.
okey thanks you and Kem0. So shotty load depends on next skill eh. Well thats fine i guess.

anvi

Prophet
Village Idiot
I played this in the pre beta thing, it was fucking terrible. They somehow made the combat worse than it was in TSW.

Kem0sabe

Arcane
Funcom is just hopeless... The steam launch is a disaster of technical and account issues.

Best part is that because of technical issues... You can't use the same account to play both on steam and their launcher, it's either one or the other.

Not sure what king of people they have working there that are incapable of surmounting such a technical hurdle.

Lhynn

Arcane
Lets not forget to mention that moving your account from swl to steam or vs means youll lose your patron benefits until they fix it.
Also the dlc packs are insanely overpriced, at 17 and 51 bucks its just laughable. They are suposed to be there for costumers to get their tongue wet and spend once on them. To get them to open their wallets, but they are so overpriced its just retarded.

Anyway, tomorrow the whispering tide starts, looking forward to that.

J_C

One Bit Studio
Patron
Developer
Funcom is just hopeless... The steam launch is a disaster of technical and account issues.

Best part is that because of technical issues... You can't use the same account to play both on steam and their launcher, it's either one or the other.

Not sure what king of people they have working there that are incapable of surmounting such a technical hurdle.
Funny to see that despite the game being a disaster you continue to follow it and be up to date about everything.

Delterius

Arcane
Well, I do like the game for its story and investigative quests. I can also see how its a disaster. Its been a disaster for, what? A decade?

Urban fantasy just can't catch a break.

Last edited:

anvi

Prophet
Village Idiot
I think Funcom will go out of business soon. Most companies can't afford failed games and AoC was a failure, TSW was a failure, that new conan thing looks shit too, and I bet this SWL will fail hard too, and then Funcom will be out of their misery. They kinda deserve it. I had some fun with TSW but mostly it was bad and this reboot just dumbs it all down, and it was already dumb.

Zombra

An iron rock in the river of blood and evil
Patron
Make the Codex Great Again! RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Serpent in the Staglands Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
I think Funcom will go out of business soon. Most companies can't afford failed games and AoC was a failure, TSW was a failure, that new conan thing looks shit too, and I bet this SWL will fail hard too, and then Funcom will be out of their misery.
lol. That schadenfreude is a little premature. You could have said the same thing 16 years ago when Anarchy Online had a rocky release, yet somehow they're still going strong today (and servers for all their games are still up and running).

anvi

Prophet
Village Idiot
I think Funcom will go out of business soon. Most companies can't afford failed games and AoC was a failure, TSW was a failure, that new conan thing looks shit too, and I bet this SWL will fail hard too, and then Funcom will be out of their misery.
lol. That schadenfreude is a little premature. You could have said the same thing 16 years ago when Anarchy Online had a rocky release, yet somehow they're still going strong today (and servers for all their games are still up and running).
I don't really enjoy their misfortune, I would rather they succeeded, but I think they earned their fate through too many mistakes. Maybe they will survive, but you gotta wonder how long a company survive without all those missteps. SOE did the same thing and they failed, and that is even though they kept getting bailed out by big papa Sony. Funcom don't have that luxury, and I think if they had a decent amount of money they would have used it to make TSW a success. But instead they scrounged some loose change from the back of their sofa to remake it into a super dumbed down and desperate last ditch attempt. It really feels like watching someone die a slow death.

Funcom:

-------------------------\o/--------------------------

J_C

One Bit Studio
Patron
Developer
I don't really enjoy their misfortune, I would rather they succeeded, but I think they earned their fate through too many mistakes. Maybe they will survive, but you gotta wonder how long a company survive without all those missteps. SOE did the same thing and they failed, and that is even though they kept getting bailed out by big papa Sony. Funcom don't have that luxury, and I think if they had a decent amount of money they would have used it to make TSW a success. But instead they scrounged some loose change from the back of their sofa to remake it into a super dumbed down and desperate last ditch attempt. It really feels like watching someone die a slow death.

Funcom:

-------------------------\o/--------------------------
We don't know their financial situation, and as Zombra said, they are still alive after developing several MMOs, all of them alive and played by gamers.

bylam

Funcom
Developer
"Based on its current revenues, especially the revenue already generated by the new game Conan Exiles, its cost projections, and on the financial instruments at the disposal of the Company including but not restricted to financing and equity issues, the Company has the ability to fund its operations for the next twelve months after the end of 1Q17."

This stuff is released every quarter and can be found http://cdn.funcom.com/investor/2017/Funcom_1Q17_Report.pdf

So - assuming Conan Exiles and SWL sold nothing after that report, the company is fine until the end of Q1 2018.

Of course, assuming that either of those games sells nothing is a bad assumption.

anvi

Prophet
Village Idiot
So Q3 then?! Just don't sell to Daybreak. I always thought TSW should have been made as a single player game, but I think that ship has sailed now. AOC too, first 10 levels of that was really fun. But then became instantly bad.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom