Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

The Secret World

MaskedMan

very cool
Patron
Codex 2012 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Patron benefits look mostly the same, except without the points for buying content. I guess how good they are depends on how obnoxious the freemium is without them. :M

Varvarg

Educated
I'm downloading. Add me 'Saltygames'

No degenerates or muslims. Niggers are fine, but only if BBC

J_C

One Bit Studio
Patron
Developer
Project: Eternity Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath
I started to download then I remembered that I have to do a full system reinstall in a week. I'd rather wait for that, I don't want to download 30 gigs twice.

Zdzisiu

Arcane
Weird, the download was 20 something Gb on full client, and 14.8 Gb on limited client.

But shit was still slow. Like 3h to download 15 Gb.

Cromwell

Arcane
Mh plays exactly like before just without tabbing. I still have to hammer the main attack button instead of having the option to keep it pressed but now insteadof double clicking any movement key for evasion I have to use a extra key.

vampiregrave

Educated
Mh plays exactly like before just without tabbing. I still have to hammer the main attack button instead of having the option to keep it pressed but now insteadof double clicking any movement key for evasion I have to use a extra key.

You can still double click the movement keys to roll; granted it is not as responsive as it used to be.

YES!

Hi, I'm Roqua
Dumbfuck
How is the character building? Are the passives of any significance? Can anyone say if it looks like a decent system or is the only real choice which weapon to use?

YES!

Hi, I'm Roqua
Dumbfuck
How is the character building? Are the passives of any significance? Can anyone say if it looks like a decent system or is the only real choice which weapon to use?

Anyone? Hello

bozia2012

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again!

Anyone? Hello
Define "decent" lol.

It's basically the same stuff, just *ekhm* streamlined.

Skill passives have been merged with character/talisman passives, so you use SP to level them. AP is only used to purchase new actives.

There's like ~15 actives and ~21 passives per weapon, so there will be similar "depth" of building skill sets.

If you've never played TSW, then the whole "character building" is basically getting more power, learning everything and then switching gear/skills to fill specific tasks. Each weapon has several uses - paired with second weapon it can create some interesting synergies.

YES!

Hi, I'm Roqua
Dumbfuck

Anyone? Hello
Define "decent" lol.

Skill passives have been merged with character/talisman passives, so you use SP to level them. AP is only used to purchase new actives.

There's like ~15 actives and ~21 passives per weapon, so there will be similar "depth" of building skill sets.

If you've never played TSW, then the whole "character building" is basically getting more power, learning everything and then switching gear/skills to fill specific tasks. Each weapon has several uses - paired with second weapon it can create some interesting synergies.

Decent - my choices beyond selecting a weapon matter, there are lots of them, and I have to put some thought into how to develop the character (beyond the weapon I choose).

What you described is TSW but with less choices. Would you agree this is how it is? Or is it significantly different enough where someone who didn't think TSW had enough meaningful character development to give this new version a try?

bozia2012

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again!

Anyone? Hello
Define "decent" lol.

Decent - my choices beyond selecting a weapon matter, there are lots of them, and I have to put some thought into how to develop the character (beyond the weapon I choose).

What you described is TSW but with less choices. Would you agree this is how it is? Or is it significantly different enough where someone who didn't think TSW had enough meaningful character development to give this new version a try?
I think they cut out some skills - I there's like 300+ now instead of 575. But frankly, some of them were useless beyond the beginning of the game.

The rest seems to be the same in terms of build-making, except now you have also this new mechanics for each weapon instead of resources.

J_C

One Bit Studio
Patron
Developer
Project: Eternity Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath
What is Secret World Legends? Is this some kind of reboot of rerelease of TSW? Or an entirely new game?
Reboot, with slightly improved visuals and improved combat and character system. Although not a groundbreaking improvement, it feels less of a chore if I understand in correctly.

Hobo Elf

Arcane
What is Secret World Legends? Is this some kind of reboot of rerelease of TSW? Or an entirely new game?
Reboot, with slightly improved visuals and improved combat and character system. Although not a groundbreaking improvement, it feels less of a chore if I understand in correctly.

Nice. So is it free or do you buy it? And if it is free, what's the catch?

MaskedMan

very cool
Patron
Codex 2012 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
So men how does the legacy transfer work? My Legends account page says I'm not a patron, do I have to link for that, and do I need to create characters before linking to get all my stuff, or can I do it after? Do I get any extra character slots as a grandmaster or is it just the one? Will the secret world item store be up again so I can burn off my last 3k bonus points? :argh:Does legends have deck outfits? Am I going to have to try getting the :dance:b4 transfering? :negative:

Cromwell

Arcane
Is there a way to remap the mouse buttons for movement? I would like to use w for skills and the right button to move forward and that doesnt seem to work through normal key mapping.

J_C

One Bit Studio
Patron
Developer

Nice. So is it free or do you buy it? And if it is free, what's the catch?
As far as we know it now, everything, every future content is free. Only cosmetic stuff and boosters like bigger inventory cost some money.

vampiregrave

Educated
So men how does the legacy transfer work? My Legends account page says I'm not a patron, do I have to link for that, and do I need to create characters before linking to get all my stuff, or can I do it after? Do I get any extra character slots as a grandmaster or is it just the one? Will the secret world item store be up again so I can burn off my last 3k bonus points? :argh:Does legends have deck outfits? Am I going to have to try getting the :dance:b4 transfering? :negative:

Regarding the legacy transfer.

PrettyDeadman

So, ho do you start playing legends if you own the original? should i login into origin?

Kem0sabe

Arcane
As far as we know it now, everything, every future content is free. Only cosmetic stuff and boosters like bigger inventory cost some money.
There won't be any future content, just re-release of existing content of the original game.

People are still falling for the ridiculous notion that funcom will ever continue the story, they have been waiting for years and countless delays.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom