Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

The Secret World

Tommy Wiseau

Arcane
can people login yet.

J_C

One Bit Studio
Patron
Developer
Project: Eternity Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath
I couldn't. The game is trying to connect to the authentication server, but it is not available yet. But I'm so excited. God, I'm such a fanboy. The menu music is nice, there are quite a lot graphics and interface options.

SuicideBunny

(ノ ゜Д゜)ノ ︵ ┻━┻
Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Torment: Tides of Numenera
got a key from gamestop, will try to give it a try this weekend, but my hopes are pretty low considering they offer item packages on the preorder page and a lifetime sub for 199$...

anus_pounder

Arcane
Oh. This game is gonna be monthly fee based ? :( For some reason I kept thinking this was gonna be the GW2 model. Dunno why.

Guess its up to the beta to impress me then. :p

anus_pounder

Arcane
Posting this at 4:40PM GMT. Its 40 minutes past the supposed activation time. Still can't run it, says "cannot connect to authentication server". Working for anyone else ?

Tommy Wiseau

Arcane
I managed to login once, got the beginner's cutscene, but no actual gameplay. The beta is pretty limiting. I didn't see any physical appearance cuztomization options (except clothes or randomizing). Apparently you need to name your character on a first name/nickname/last name basis.

It was a bit weird to watch the cutscene without being able to say anything (your character swallows a luminescent bug and finds out he has magic powers, gets contacted by the templars), but you'll probably get a few dialogue options later on like in AoC.

edit: nvm, logged in again and saw full cuztomization options.

Renegen

Arcane
Well this was a piece of shit. It feels exactly like WoW/ToR but with a somewhat interesting classless skill system. Give them credit, their modern day coat of paint hides the fact it's a clone of so many other games.

pocahaunted

Arcane
The setting has potential... the engine on the other hand, what a piece of shit. Guess they didn't learn much from AoC's launch.

I can't even login right now, the game just instantly crashed to desktop and throws a random error. Can't say that I feel like I'm missing much, the game was barely playable for me.

Self-Ejected

Excidium

P. banal
It also isn't very reassuring that just a month before launch the game's beta is limited like that...

Mangoose

Arcane
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity
The engine seems all AoC.

Also, still a million cutscenes as I play. The bad part is that they are skippable, but the cutscene dialogue doesn't appear in your chat log. Bah

made

Arcane
Well this was a piece of shit. It feels exactly like WoW/TOR
Dunno about TOR but it feels nothing like WoW. Rift feels like WoW. This is more like Hellgate London setting coupled with GW "make your own skill set" system and AoC crashy engine.

Tommy Wiseau

Arcane
I like the setting. Game seems interesting... I say anyone in the beta should at least wait 'til they head to Kingsmouth to see if the game's worth it. Place looks really similar to a Left 4 Dead campaign.

I wasn't hyped up for/following the game myself; don't know if I'll end up buying it.

SuicideBunny

(ノ ゜Д゜)ノ ︵ ┻━┻
Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Torment: Tides of Numenera
So, how long till this wannabe WoW-killer is going F2P? I really wanna play it as a singleplayer game.
funcom offering lifetime subs for 200 bucks even before launch prolly means they expect it to last one year at most.

rashiakas

Cipher
Patron
Pathfinder: Wrath
After playing GW2 this game feels pretty lame. It's a shame really, the setting is supercool and all, but it shows that it is a funcom title.

Cassidy

Arcane
the setting is supercool and all

It would be a truly interesting setting for a better and MMO version of what Republic: The Revolution attempted.

Or for a Deus Ex like game.

Mangoose

Arcane
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity
Oh yeah I love the plainly stated quest objectives and waypoints and whatnot. Where is the puzzle solving questing that they talked about?

MasterMire

Novice
Enjoying it so far. Has some good exploration and story depth and the quest variety is promising. Like the pay attention and do your research-to-win aspects. Combat doesn't appear to be anything special, but at least I can use jumping as a strategy and avoid a lot of aggro when I'm not in the mood. Mostly enjoying it for those non-combat aspects, though.

There are some puzzles, by the way, and some non-obvious quests. Whether they are prestigious enough, mileage may vary, but they do exist.

pocahaunted

Arcane
I think there are a bunch of quests that require you to input some codes that are lying around the area.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom