Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

The Secret World

Cromwell

Arcane
Do we have a server list where fellow codexers play? I stopped right after transylvania since I wasnt in the mood for grind but thats different now I think, also issue 12 shoulöd be out soon.

bozia2012

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again!
WhiteGuts You don't need to buy anything until you finish the main quest.

Cromwell Server doesn't matter unless you want Fusang. I'm playing with The Arcane Light now - stuff is happening everyday (yesterday we did a prog run, today there was some social dungeoneering, tomorrow NY raid etc.), most of people are from EU, but there are some kwans, at least one aussie etc.

Cromwell

Arcane
Oh I forgot about that, I thought there were some restrictions. PVP is not interesting to me but I always wondered what stories I miss if I dont go in the dungeons

bozia2012

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again!
Oh I forgot about that, I thought there were some restrictions. PVP is not interesting to me but I always wondered what stories I miss if I dont go in the dungeons
Servers make only a difference for persistent PVP - minigames are cross-server, just like all PVE.

Dungeons are one of the highlights of the game, even for storyfags - they're beautifully crafted, full of flavor, they expand game world and lore. Also they cover some important stuff - f.e. Darkness War lets you experience the Mayan invasion in the island's past and The Facility has some critical lore.

Zombra

An iron rock in the river of blood and evil
Patron
Make the Codex Great Again! RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Serpent in the Staglands Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Eh, don't plan on spending a lot of time soaking up the lore in dungeons. You're going to be running as fast as you can to keep up with your button mashing team who's done it already.

bozia2012

Arcane
Patron
Eh, don't plan on spending a lot of time soaking up the lore in dungeons. You're going to be running as fast as you can to keep up with your button mashing team who's done it already.
Unless you team up with some friendly people. We do runs on Monday for people who still need normals/elites.

Cromwell

Arcane
I never did any dungeon only solo content, maybe I should give you a call when I start again.

Zombra

An iron rock in the river of blood and evil
Patron
Make the Codex Great Again! RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Serpent in the Staglands Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Unless you team up with some friendly people. We do runs on Monday for people who still need normals/elites.
Ehhhhh, that's nice of you, but even so. Having 4 people standing around looking over your shoulder and tapping their feet isn't a comfortable situation for pouring a brandy and relaxing with a good book. They are there to help you get it done, not hang out.

Cromwell

Arcane
ok back to the game it is for a while. Now I have to figure out again how to get into tokio. Are there any must have addons? normally I played without any but there may be new ones I am not aware of which are must have last time I played was early last year I think.

bozia2012

Arcane
Patron
ok back to the game it is for a while. Now I have to figure out again how to get into tokio. Are there any must have addons? normally I played without any but there may be new ones I am not aware of which are must have last time I played was early last year I think.
From what I know they changed something and now you can skip Issue #8 and just get #9 to be able to continue to Tokyo.

The Issues work differently in Tokyo - previously they just added extra shit, now they actually push the story forward. If you want to be up to date, you will need to buy #9-11 (if you plan on doing this, look for "Fall of Tokyo" pack).

TL;DR Right now for full main story you need base game and Issues #9-11.

MadMaxHellfire Zombra It's easy to ropleplay contemporary characters - you just need to know some basic lore. There's a twatter RP community and now we have The Black Watchmen - hacking/decyphering game with live events (orange level players are getting phone calls, yellow level are getting packages with clues, everyone can do scouting and green level are doing interceptions - there was one in Portland, on Saturday there will be one in Toronto).

Last edited:

Cromwell

Arcane
I actually own all of the issues since I kept up to date. The Internet told me I just have to do one solo scenario to be able to enter tokio so I will do that next time I log in. Also it seems I can upgrade my veteran gear when the currency convertion goes live, I already had 55 BB and used them to buy a head talisman which I cant use because I dont have the right glyph and in general my secondary stats suck, but since I dont have that much money, still missig sprint 5/6, I cant afford them from the ah but I also dont want to destroy what little hit/pen glyphs I have already in use.

bozia2012

Arcane
Patron
I'm not sure what you have to do now, but earlier you had to do a few scenarios to get the seal. They've supposedly made it faster now.

You've cramped so much in the the last sentence I have no fucking idea what's the problem :)

Cromwell

Arcane
There is no problem aside from "I am a poorfag and cant afford the last two sprint and proper glyphs to not suck at combat"

bozia2012

Arcane
Patron
There is no problem aside from "I am a poorfag and cant afford the last two sprint and proper glyphs to not suck at combat"
Eh, you can make glyphs yourself?

I also have just a few million pax, so I bought sprints with real monies along with the bike. The rent can wait.

His Majesty

Augur
Patron
Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2
I would first do all the issues before doing dungeons. You get custom purple gear from them, six pieces (6-11) in total. They also provide you with some very cheap signets. With the right build Tokyo really isn't that hard in a combination of blues and purples. And don't spend your money on blue/purple glyphs, you will get a lot of NM purple glyph toolkits later on when running dungeons. Just temporarily use what you find in your glyph slots or craft a few.

bozia2012

Arcane
Patron
I understood he didn't even do the normal/elite run - for that he should be fine half-green as long as he's close with QL.

With the currency revamp, he should have no problem with purples, but yeah - it would be nonsense to buy shit you get from quests (head, neck, belt etc.).

Never spend any pax on glyphs or signets.

Blue glyphs can be bought from CoV vendors for quest tokens and you'll be overflowing with purple glyphs if you'll start doing NMs (I always have ~15 kits).

Some decent purple signets can be bought from Issues vendors, but even some green ones have decent buff (Breaching, Laceration, Thirst etc.).

Cromwell

Arcane
I did do all the main quests and a whole lot sidequests, I am geared with veterans gear which is blue 10 so im fine, its just whining on a high level. There were a few quests in transylvania which I couldnt do solo but as far as I have seen they were never intended to be soloable. Buildwise I am going with blade / chaos so I have a lot of heal, I already tinkered with it a lot when I played last but found I cant really make it any better, for every skill which gives me more heal (for example leeching frenzy) I have to sacrifice another which does the same job (forking paths which sadly is no frenzy effect).

bozia2012

Arcane
Patron
I did do all the main quests and a whole lot sidequests, I am geared with veterans gear which is blue 10 so im fine, its just whining on a high level.
Starting from Issue #6, each of their main quests gives you a purple talisman - this means you should be like almost full epic now.

There were a few quests in transylvania which I couldnt do solo but as far as I have seen they were never intended to be soloable.
Eh, care to elaborate? I remember whole 2 quests where I got someone to help me, but you could totally do them alone with more preparation.

One was with Fata Padurii boss and required a hinder build (or just a second person with some basic CC), the other one was in Blue Mountains quarry - but it's an "elite" area, so you can't really do it when you're still at QL3-5 (you can solo it later though).

This game is difficult because it requires some thought and observation - especially in Transylvania where many mobs have special mechanics (vampires becoming immortal if not weakened fast enough, undead monks counter-impairing, ghosts shfting between non-/corporeal phases etc.). You should try to avoid combat when it's possible (use of terrain, anima form) and if you have to fight - don't pick on more than one enemy.

Buildwise I am going with blade / chaos so I have a lot of heal, I already tinkered with it a lot when I played last but found I cant really make it any better, for every skill which gives me more heal (for example leeching frenzy) I have to sacrifice another which does the same job (forking paths which sadly is no frenzy effect).
If you're going with Blade/Chaos, you might want to check the build I'm running for all solo content since like 2 years - http://www.tsw-builder.com/#15v550170144522106133113p332421536721110310353

If you can buy blue glyphs from Council of Venice vendors, try to get ~600-700 hit rating and the rest for penetration. All the other secondaries are unimportant for this build. You might want to have one hp item (i'm running at 2k hp), then get like 400-600 heal rating and the rest for attack rating.

His Majesty

Augur
Patron
Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2
It actually is releasing next week, nice!

Issue #12: To the Dark Tower Below is going live next week, and it offers much new content and tons of fresh features!

Those who purchase Issue #12 will get access to an all new Dungeon in Tokyo, The Manufactory, underneath the massive Orochi tower. When Issue #12 launches you will learn much more about the new Dungeon and the horrors which lurk within.

But there will also be many changes and brutal new challenges for everyone in the game. Here are the features you can enjoy when Issue #12 goes live:

http://www.thesecretworld.com/news/all_new_features_in_issue_12

Cromwell

Arcane
The fuck has happened. That game feels way harder now. In tokio I sometimes even have problems with normal white circle mobs. Currently chasing a fucking demon through the sewers and dying constantly to filth. So far fights are really long while the mob can kill me rather quickly if I am not absolutely careful.

bozia2012

Arcane
Patron
The fuck has happened. That game feels way harder now. In tokio I sometimes even have problems with normal white circle mobs. Currently chasing a fucking demon through the sewers and dying constantly to filth. So far fights are really long while the mob can kill me rather quickly if I am not absolutely careful.
Eeee they actually streamlined the difficulty in last big patch. Dunno if it affected Tokyo or not. You might check this thread for some Tokyo build tips - https://forums.thesecretworld.com/s...ritty-s-Pink-Tokyo-combat-guide-(KAWAI-DESU-)

You're not doing that quest where you have to use the demon devices to teleport through hard shit?

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom