Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

The Secret World

bozia2012

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again!
Fuckyeah. Schedule for next two weeks is scenarios before work and golems in the evening. Gotta stay fit for new group content.

Humppaleka

Cipher
Played this like crazy for a few days during the AP boost and barely got out of Kingsmouth Town and questing into the Savage Coast. :P Got tired of mashing 1-1-1-1-3-2-1-1-1-1-3-2-7-5-5-5-1-1-1-1-3-2-... at mobs though so taking a break.

Immortal

Arcane
In My Safe Space
Was pretty curious about trying this game.. but then..

funcom_logo_black.gif

DeepOcean

Arcane
If someone made a Witcher 3 version of this game, it would be awesome, right now... 1,1,1,1,3,2,1,1,1,1,1,3,2,4 is just the torture.

J_C

One Bit Studio
Patron
Developer
Project: Eternity Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath
If someone made a Witcher 3 version of this game, it would be awesome, right now... 1,1,1,1,3,2,1,1,1,1,1,3,2,4 is just the torture.
Pretty much this. I would kill for a single player version of this with a proper combat system. As it is right now, I can't take more about this game than a few weeks, after that i have to take a break.

J_C

One Bit Studio
Patron
Developer
Project: Eternity Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath
After owning a bike for some time now, do you think it worth the money? Or is it just a waste of money?

bozia2012

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again!
After owning a bike for some time now, do you think it worth the money? Or is it just a waste of money?
It's eyecandy, I don't use it normally.

The whole package is definitely worth as a shortcut to Sprint VI if you don't have in-game cash. I usually sit at 3-5mil Pax, Sprint VI costs like 12mil - it's nothing for a long-time player, a lot for a casual like myself.

His Majesty

Augur
Patron
Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2
Round-up of Issue 12, will come in two batches (August - September)
  • 2 new dungeons (Kaidan): The Manufactory (Elite and NM) and another one.
33cn20w.jpg
  • 1 new raid (Flappy) + NM version for all raids.
  • Lairs: Keys are now used to summon new megabosses in zones. Everyone can join, extra reward for summoners.
  • Currency revamp: Unify all currency in Black Bullion. One new currency (Mark of the Pantheon) for end-game activities. Both are capped, weekly and fixed.
  • Progression Cap Increase: from 10.5.5 to 10.7.5 to 11.5
  • PvP updates: New missions and all Venice gear becomes custom gear. Issue 13 will be more PvP-focused.
  • LFG-tool update
  • No more dungeon lock-outs
  • Challenges (dailies, weeklies)
  • Dungeon-finder
CJk9_WLUMAEM_hl.png

Last edited:

Zombra

An iron rock in the river of blood and evil
Patron
Make the Codex Great Again! RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Serpent in the Staglands Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
PVP, dungeons, raids. Interesting to see such a blatant push for "community" content that single-player enthusiasts like me won't care about. I guess that's how you keep an MMO alive.

bozia2012

Arcane
Patron
PVP, dungeons, raids. Interesting to see such a blatant push for "community" content that single-player enthusiasts like me won't care about. I guess that's how you keep an MMO alive.
Well, I actually joined a serious multi-cabal now - I had some group content to finish and there will be all that new stuff. Really friendly peeps, planned events basically everyday.

Zombra

Patron
Make the Codex Great Again! RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Serpent in the Staglands Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Well, I actually joined a serious multi-cabal now - I had some group content to finish and there will be all that new stuff. Really friendly peeps, planned events basically everyday.
Yeah, I'm not knocking it. Having a good community and supporting it with community content is the lifeblood of any MMO. I'm just observing that I'm the kind of player who essentially plays it as a single-player game - not the kind of demographic they need to woo if they want to stay in business.

bozia2012

Arcane
Patron
Yeah, I'm not knocking it. Having a good community and supporting it with community content is the lifeblood of any MMO. I'm just observing that I'm the kind of player who essentially plays it as a single-player game - not the kind of demographic they need to woo if they want to stay in business.
This game is marketed as MMO, so I believe pure soloers are the smallest slice of population. Every issue so far added content viable for soloing - that's the major reason I've been playing the game solo since over a year.

The hardcore base are fully decked people that are just logging in to fuck around with their friends, play the same 3 PvP maps and help the community. They have to address them from time to time :D

Don't forget this is a game where community chooses earrings as an item of the month - not a tactical vest :)

Bigg Boss

Arcane
So I'm considering trying this game out. Is it worth getting into at the moment? I'm wary of jumping into another MMORPG heavily since City of Heroes got killed. I love anything Lovecraftian in influence and I like the unconventional leveling system. I suppose my concern is, are there plenty of new players coming in to actually play with?

Zombra

Patron
So I'm considering trying this game out. Is it worth getting into at the moment? I'm wary of jumping into another MMORPG heavily since City of Heroes got killed. I love anything Lovecraftian in influence and I like the unconventional leveling system. I suppose my concern is, are there plenty of new players coming in to actually play with?
fwiw, the early game plays great single-player. I haven't played very recently, but last time I was in the starter zone had plenty of people running around.

Rahdulan

Omnibus
Patron

Adding to what Zombra said you really want to experience leveling on your own because the game tends to separate you from group anyway for all the best stuff aka investigation missions. And recent combat re-balancing made soloing less of a chore unless you had optimized builds ready so there's that. I could send you a buddy key, just send me your e-mail via PM or something, which lasts 72 hours if you want to test the game before making the plunge, just be sure to download and patch the game first because it is a hefty download and time still ticks. Chat is game-wide so it's not a ghost town in that sense and starting area always has people, but I can't really attest to later areas anymore because I've been out of it for months.

Bigg Boss

Arcane
Thanks. No need for a buddy key, but that is greatly appreciated. I have a friend who has been trying to get me interested in the game, so I'll give it a shot. It will take some time to download though with the horrible download speeds I'm working with. One of my concerns was if I could solo things since I tend to be a bit of a hermit.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom