Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

The Secret World

Lhynn

Arcane
but there's a shitload of content. damn, i played close to 100 hours and all i got was reaching the desert, the second area.
For a single player gaem, yes, totally worth buying. For an mmo, not even close.

Quatlo

Arcane
I'm having a weird issue with the game, the launcher doesnt pop up. It runs in the task manager but just doesnt show on the screen, I cant run the game :negative:
Anyone had similair problem and managed to fix it?

bozia2012

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again!
I'm having a weird issue with the game, the launcher doesnt pop up. It runs in the task manager but just doesnt show on the screen, I cant run the game :negative:
Are you running an enb injector or a communicator with an overlay?

bozia2012

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again!
No and no, it worked fine untill today.
And you verified local files? If it shows everything's fine and the launcher still won't run - maybe try deleting the launcher executable and verify again?

Didn't try it on Steam version, but in the normal version you could download the launcher from register.funcom.com and do a fake install (since you already had everything on the disk). Basically the game would only update/fix the launcher files.

Quatlo

Arcane
No and no, it worked fine untill today.
And you verified local files? If it shows everything's fine and the launcher still won't run - maybe try deleting the launcher executable and verify again?

Didn't try it on Steam version, but in the normal version you could download the launcher from register.funcom.com and do a fake install (since you already had everything on the disk). Basically the game would only update/fix the launcher files.

Installing the game again straight into the steamapps folder worked, cheers!

Levenmouth

Cipher
Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire
This game would have really been better if it had a "skip gameplay" button. Running around, collecting lore and sending reports is really fun, but I absolutely can't stand the sound of my assault rifle's auto attack and I have only been playing it for two days now. I don't think I am doing it wrong; it is just a little tedious.

Quatlo

Arcane
Really? Because the combat isnt in my opinion worse than any other mmo combat now in the market. What is more, the very rich progression sytem and a lot of ways to synergize with your teammates makes it even better.
I mean, maybe we could play together? I'm playing it right now with 2 of my friends and we are probably having the msot fun we had in an mmo besides ganking and looting items in Lineage 2.

Why the fucking fuck people bashed combat in this game while it is better in every single way WoW combat is. Its allright when Shitzard does it?
Jesus fuck bozia2012 you made me a fanboy of this game :P

Levenmouth

Cipher
I really appreciate your offer and I am certain it would be great fun, but I will have to skip on it. The combat is pretty standard MMO indeed. Maybe if I played this a decade ago it would be the best thing since sliced bread, but today it feels more like the padding between the really interesting world discovery bits. I will probably play it on and off though.

His Majesty

Augur
Patron
Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2
Issue 11 is live!

The Orochi Tower
In Issue #11 the doors to the Orochi tower are finally opened. Enter to learn what the massive corporation and its eight subsidiaries have been hiding. Gain the access codes you need to travel all the way to the top boardroom.

Take on twenty one different floors, to see everything the tower has to offer. Every floor offers unique content and stories. See what sort of bizarre virtual world Anansi Technologies employees have created, or what Zagan is trying to create a new type of meat from.
ISSUE%2011%20COVER.jpg

bozia2012

Arcane
Patron
Hot red head on the middle of the picture... check.
Japan... check.
Tentacle monsters... check.
Expectation of rape... 99%
In TSW the redhead rapes you with tentacles. She's a MILF with a big emphasis on M.

So far she cut my legs off, but I expect worse.

Going through ZAGAN (food branch of Orochi) floor now:

There may be some space issues to consider. You folks weren't here when #BF-001 first came in. It was tiny! The more we cut, the more it grows back. The mass it gains shouldn't be possible. It doesn't subsist on anything that we can determine. Perhaps it feeds on a supernal energy. Or perhaps its mass exists in more than three dimensions, and when we cut a piece of it off, more of it slides into the spaces that we can perceive (and the hole widens). Curious.

Last edited:

Levenmouth

Cipher
I guess I was a bit harsh on the combat. It isn't too bad if you don't use assault rifles. The shotgun/elemantalism combination is actually quite fun. What I find fascinating is how good the cinematics are, both in terms of direction and writing. Considering that there are no monthly fees, I can see myself playing this on and off for a while

Lhynn

Arcane
Nope, actually combat is awful. There is depth in party based combat against bosses tho.

bozia2012

Arcane
Patron
I guess I was a bit harsh on the combat. It isn't too bad if you don't use assault rifles. The shotgun/elemantalism combination is actually quite fun. What I find fascinating is how good the cinematics are, both in terms of direction and writing. Considering that there are no monthly fees, I can see myself playing this on and off for a while
That's how I'm playing now - something new comes out, I log in and play for a bit. For soloing I reccomend a melee weapon - you don't loose any speed while performing attacks and mobility is crucial later on.

I'm guessing you guys just have shit toons, so the fights are looong as hell. I've grown to like combat - it's nothing to write home about, but it's quite fast and still challenging.

Having fun with the new Issue - it's a dungeon crawl, but every Orochi branch has some cool secrets and the challenges are quite varied. There's also a certain appeal to the "overpowered rat in a maze" setting.

Last edited:

bozia2012

Arcane
Patron
So how did you get them back? Or are you going about legless now?
They were regenerated almost immediately. Perks of serving an entity that can manipulate matter - even being ground to dust will just slow you down.

Hey, being an immortal in an endless war - who wouldn't want that.

Cromwell

Arcane
So how did you get them back? Or are you going about legless now?
They were regenerated almost immediately. Perks of serving an entity that can manipulate matter - even being ground to dust will just slow you down.

You're not fully immortal but I dont know if it ever came up how you could actually die. The Illuminati have cleaners for their agents which are able to kill you and relatively early you get told you are no god, not even close, and can die.

bozia2012

Arcane
Patron
You're not fully immortal but I dont know if it ever came up how you could actually die. The Illuminati have cleaners for their agents which are able to kill you and relatively early you get told you are no god, not even close, and can die.
I've seen mentions of it, but nothing substantial. I have my doubts regarding those cleaners, since even Immortals (the real ones) can't kill you. But seeing what Abdul could do, they might be able to permanently contain you or separate from the bees and then kill.

You would have to give them good reasons, since that would be an obvious move against Gaia. I wonder if The Host, The Buzzing or whoever else there is would care (and how often this happens).

I'm not enjoying this state - I want Gaia unmade.

Norfleet

That's basically the premise of every video game, yes. And we do like video games. So, why bother chopping off someone's legs if they will just grow back? The cutscene made it seem like it was more permanent and impactful than that. And does that always happen, or is there a way to avoid cutscene-induced schmuckery like that?

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom