Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

The Secret World

bozia2012

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again!

Matalarata

Arcane
Patron
Should I use my Sequins of Solomon Island to get a better weapon in Kingsmouth, or I can spend those in other locations too? It's better to do so in this case?

I ask mainly because I got a gliyph toolkit and enough rune to build a ql3 penetration glyph. Also, can I slot that in a ql2 weapon, eventually?

(I warned you about me whining itt :troll:)

MaskedMan

very cool
Patron
Codex 2012 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
I think you can get better gear in Blue Mountain for those, and iirc there's nothing keeping you from going there (except stuff trying to kill you). It's another part of Solomon Island.

bozia2012

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again!
Should I use my Sequins of Solomon Island to get a better weapon in Kingsmouth, or I can spend those in other locations too? It's better to do so in this case?

I ask mainly because I got a gliyph toolkit and enough rune to build a ql3 penetration glyph. Also, can I slot that in a ql2 weapon, eventually?

(I warned you about me whining itt :troll:)
It's better to gather them and buy a blue QL4 set in Blue Mountain (last Solomon Island location). All excessive tokens you can spend then on mystery bags.

You can get to the CoV vendors in BM by sticking to the main road, which will let you avoid enemies - just run and don't stop for anything. You can go there as soon as you'll level any weapon/talisman skill to 4 - buy stuff and go back to questing.

BTW - try focusing on one skill for each weapon first and rather stick to your main weapons. Try to have talisman skills at the same level as your main weapons. Those skills work a bit like character levels - until you reach 10, there will be penalties applied to your stats vs more powerful mobs (mainly hit rating).

The same rule works for Egypt and Transylvania - always buy the highest QL possible - you get good gear earlier and keep more tokens for mystery bags.

Matalarata

Arcane
Patron
Thanks and yes, I understood you should also level up your talismans. I learned it the hard way, since I spent 2hours roaming asking myself "wtf there are only hard missions around... ?"
Atm I have everything except blood at 2, focusing on the blade for my abilities... I already unlocked the 2nd tier, but I'm undecided if I should stick to blade only, starting to develop blood or go for the sweet sweet bloodsport in the fist tree (maybe I should first focus on getting gross anatomy)
Decisions, decisions...

I'll hoard some more seq and head for the blue mountain

"On the tip of the pyramid your fate shall be revealed"- Heading there now. Refreshing, a game that considers me intelligent enough to get a metaphor and look it up on the map

Edit: Got 1200 points for completing 30 missions... Nice! I suppose I should buy an issue with those... Any advice?

Last edited:

Stokowski

Arcane
Atm I have everything except blood at 2, focusing on the blade for my abilities... I already unlocked the 2nd tier, but I'm undecided if I should stick to blade only, starting to develop blood or go for the sweet sweet bloodsport in the fist tree (maybe I should first focus on getting gross anatomy)
Decisions, decisions...
Outer tier skills are so much more expensive than inner tier that you really shouldn't approach them half-assed. Have a plan. Of course, in the long run in won't matter, but for Solomon Island deviating from your target synergies too much can lead to (more) frustrating situations. (I don't have a clue about Blade though, so I can't offer any specific suggestions.)

bozia2012

Arcane
Patron
That's only the beginning :)
Yep, Solomon Island investigations are relatively easy.

Matalarata By weapon skills I meant the stuff you buy with SP. Each weapon has 2 lines (offensive and defensive), but at the beginning stick to one of them.

I don't know which Issues you already have, but starting from Last Train you get purple gear as rewards. If you plan to buy all, then stick to the order - if you're low on cash, start with Last Train (but it's in Egypt!).

Gord

Arcane
Refreshing, a game that considers me intelligent enough to get a metaphor and look it up on the map

Bro-tip: the game has several emoticons/gestures available for your char, some of which get used in investigation missions.

So if the game e.g. asks you to

pray at some point, you have to do just that...

I didn't know about them at first and couldn't figure out what to do.

bozia2012

Arcane
Patron
Bro-tip: the game has several emoticons/gestures available for your char, some of which get used in investigation missions.

So if the game e.g. asks you to

pray at some point, you have to do just that...

I didn't know about them at first and couldn't figure out what to do.
Heh, I was replaying Love Palace yesterday which features a dance-off :)

Then there are missions with brawling sections or walking around with a ghetto blaster.

Explorerbc

Arcane
So, I just started playing this. I picked Illuminati, dunno if it makes much of a difference later.

I only did the subway mission, haven't chosen character specs yet, I'll be looking for some good solo builds on the net to help me go through the game.

Any advice for a beginner ? Also are there any codexers around playing this ?

bozia2012

Arcane
Patron
So, I just started playing this. I picked Illuminati, dunno if it makes much of a difference later.

I only did the subway mission, haven't chosen character specs yet, I'll be looking for some good solo builds on the net to help me go through the game.

Any advice for a beginner ? Also are there any codexers around playing this ?
The faction changes the main story mission and content of reports you get from HQ for side quests - you will have a different overview on some events.

Also you get different faction clothing (~9 uniforms).

I'm hopping in occassionaly, you can add me on Steam and I might help you with some stuff.

Explorerbc

Arcane
I am playing the non-steam version , my nickname is the same as here. I started on the Daemon server but I read you can easily change "dimensions". I also decided to go Sword + Rifle like that "Modern Samurai" build.

I am at kingsmouth but I have to do something about performance before I continue. I lowered my resolution and graphics to a minimum and it still runs like crap. Fps constantly drops to 10 or so, and I am getting killed by invisible enemies.

bozia2012

Arcane
Patron
I am playing the non-steam version , my nickname is the same as here. I started on the Daemon server but I read you can easily change "dimensions". I also decided to go Sword + Rifle like that "Modern Samurai" build.

I am at kingsmouth but I have to do something about performance before I continue. I lowered my resolution and graphics to a minimum and it still runs like crap. Fps constantly drops to 10 or so, and I am getting killed by invisible enemies.
It's possible the game is still updating stuff while you play. How big is your install folder?

It's not a well optimized game btw.

Itdoesn't matter if the game is Steam version or not - it's easier to communicate on Steam and see if anyone is online.

J_C

One Bit Studio
Patron
Developer
Project: Eternity Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath
I started on the Daemon server but I read you can easily change "dimensions"
You have to pay for dimension change, you can buy that in the ingame store. So that is not that easy to change.

I'm also downloading the game now, decided to dip into it again. But the fucking download server is so slow, the download rate is constantly changing from 2 MB/s to 50kb/s.

Matalarata

Arcane
Patron
bozia2012 added you on steam, hope you don't mind! As I said above I'm known as Divvu to Gabe...

Explorerbc tried sending you a codexian message in-game. Either you're offline atm or the chat is more stubborn than I am.

Seriously guy... I feel like an old jeezer each time I try to play multi...
Everything was easier (lol) in the old days, I miss UnrealT...

Last edited:

Matalarata

Arcane
Patron
blue QL4 set in Blue Mountain

Been there done that and...

5qXaQLc.png

Lefuq?

I usually have no problems with ugly equipment but this made me sad...

Branching from Blade to Blood, almost got guts and glory, wich I plan to use as an opener following stunning swirl, then I plan to go back to blade to get trial by sword (single target impair). Also experimenting with the other things I unlock, made a ranged side deck using blood just for fun. Blade alone, combined with some barriers has been enough to carry me here...

Zombra

An iron rock in the river of blood and evil
Patron
Make the Codex Great Again! RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Serpent in the Staglands Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
I usually have no problems with ugly equipment but this made me sad...
Have any of those Sequins of Solomon Island left over? Go buy a Casting Toolkit from the Venice guys. Then buy a cheap piece of crap sword, or rerun a mission that gave you a cool looking one, and cast it into a weapon mold, then process your tough, stupid-looking sword with the mold. Just make sure you don't combine them in the wrong order.

I spend a ton on Casting Kits - you can get decent weapons just through running missions, but there's only one way to not have them look idiotic. Nothing beats the good old fire axe.

bozia2012

Arcane
Patron
Check Sephora's Closet or tswdb for weapon skins - some cool designs can be crafted easily.

(I'm sure at that point you figured out that you can upgrade materials by combining 5 of the same QL? And that you can also upgrade other things (like weapon toolkits) by combining 10 of the same QL?)

Anyway, get Ultimate Crafter add-on - it will help with making patterns for crafting.

Last edited:

Matalarata

Arcane
Patron
I'm sure at that point you figured out that you can upgrade materials by combining 5 of the same QL?
Sure bro, how stupid do you think I...

And that you can also upgrade other things (like weapon toolkits) by combining 10 of the same QL?)

I....err...:oops:

Anyway, get Ultimate Crafter add-on - it will help with making patterns for crafting.

Yes, nice mod I already use it!

For now I'll keep the ugly piece of shit, I prefer to use my seq on practical things...
Still for the future, is good to know I can change shape to my equipment!

Last edited:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom