Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

The List of Incline - 2015 Edition

Which of these games are you looking forward to? (multiple responses allowed)

• Total voters

JMab

Augur
List of Incline is missing FalseGrimoire™

:happytrollboy:

ghostdog

Arcane
Patron
*sigh* I can't handle the incline

D:OS, W2 and Tesla Effect are already waiting in my GOG account and Dragonfall DC will probably be added there too.

But what little gaming time I have is dedicated to my Dark Souls 2 addiction. And Crown of the Ivory King is coming out in a couple of days.

MADNESS

:negative:

StaticSpine

Arcane
Patron
Shadorwun: Hong Kong
*sigh* I can't handle the incline

D:OS, W2 and Tesla Effect are already waiting in my GOG account and Dragonfall DC will probably be added there too.

But what little gaming time I have is dedicated to my Dark Souls 2 addiction. And Crown of the Ivory King is coming out in a couple of days.

MADNESS

:negative:
Wow, I feel like a very happy man right now! I've completed D:OS, 2 DLCs from DSII (waiting for the third one), got Dragonfall DC, but won't touch it soon as long as I've completed Dragonfall vanilla in the beginning of the year.

So I'll make parallel Wasteland 2 and Ivory King and even probably will have some time to play Arcanum.

Roguey

Codex Staff
Staff Member
Sawyerite
Something I've noticed about a few Kickstarter-funded RPGs.

Wasteland 2: Took 29 months to complete, shipped with a good amount of of bugs in its less-tested second half.

Shadowrun: Dragonfall Director's Cut was released after nearly 29 months, could use some bug fixing.

Dead State: Will probably be released after 29 months, will likely be a bit of a mess.

Divinity: Original Sin: Already had a good head start, released after 14 months, became content complete after nearly 17, will possibly take close to another month for its less-tested content to be balanced to a better state.

Kinda dispels the idea that you can make a quality full-scale RPG from scratch in 18 months, though TSI's insistent on trying anyway. Maybe Obsidian will prove that it can actually be done in 26 months and not 29-minimum-with-bugs, though it's awfully optimistic to think so.

drae

Augur
Maybe Obsidian will ship a game worth playing, but that's awfully optimistic too.

tuluse

Arcane
Serpent in the Staglands Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Shadorwun: Hong Kong
Something I've noticed about a few Kickstarter-funded RPGs.

Wasteland 2: Took 29 months to complete, shipped with a good amount of of bugs in its less-tested second half.

Shadowrun: Dragonfall Director's Cut was released after nearly 29 months, could use some bug fixing.

Dead State: Will probably be released after 29 months, will likely be a bit of a mess.

Divinity: Original Sin: Already had a good head start, released after 14 months, became content complete after nearly 17, will possibly take close to another month for its less-tested content to be balanced to a better state.

Kinda dispels the idea that you can make a quality full-scale RPG from scratch in 18 months, though TSI's insistent on trying anyway. Maybe Obsidian will prove that it can actually be done in 26 months and not 29-minimum-with-bugs, though it's awfully optimistic to think so.
Well TSI might not be making a "full-scale" RPG. Though one could argue SRR isn't either I suppose.

Roguey

Codex Staff
Staff Member
Sawyerite
Well TSI might not be making a "full-scale" RPG. Though one could argue SRR isn't either I suppose.
Seven Dragon Saga sets a new standard for intricate turn-based combat that can be adapted to your party's strengths. Explore a new high fantasy realm, recruit powerful NPCs, and craft useful items during your party's quest to discover lost secrets and transform the world. Key features include:

Classic RPG / Modern Gameplay: Create a full party under your total control right from the start. Venture forth to uncover lost secrets in an original fantasy setting.

Strategic Combat: Face challenges in turn-based tactical combat, updated with modern design philosophies. Carefully maneuver your party taking advantage of terrain and destructible environments.

Weigh Your Decisions: One group’s ally is another faction’s enemy. Make meaningful social/political choices that directly impact the world around you. Will you pursue duty and honor or choose riches and adventure with little concern for the consequences?

Ambitious goals for 18 months.

naossano

Cipher
Maybe Obsidian will prove that it can actually be done in 26 months and not 29-minimum-with-bugs, though it's awfully optimistic to think so.

Obsidian/Black Isles don't usually release bug-free games. Although, they often manage to release later patch to correct a good amount of bugs.
Let's hope that, free of a publisher's schedule, they might correct more of these bugs.

Anyway, i prefer a great games with bugs than an awfull game with no bugs.

Not saying that the bugs are what make it great. Not at all. Although Fallout 2 remains my favourite game despite being a bugfest.

MicoSelva

backlog digger
Patron
Codex 2012 Codex 2013 Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Enjoy the Revolution! Another revolution around the sun that is. Serpent in the Staglands Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Divinity: Original Sin 2 Bubbles In Memoria A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I helped put crap in Monomyth
5. Grimoire
Release Date: :roll:
Not meaning any disrespect towards Mr. Blakemore, let me show appreciation for Crooked Bee's sense of humour by saying I laugh everytime I see this bit on the list. :D

I hate to agree with Roguey (again), but it is true that making a good RPG takes time. Around 30 months seems to be a reasonable number, otherwise we usually end up with something 'ok, but not quite there', like IceWind Dale. There is of course a chance that they will surprise everyone and pull out a New Vegas, but it is rather doubtful for a new studio, regardless of how high-level undead designers populate it.

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Pillars of Eternity delayed to early 2015 (probably Q1?)

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Dead State's release date is December 4, 2014.

Serpent in the Staglands has been delayed to next year.

Abu Antar

Turn-based Poster
Patron
Enjoy the Revolution! Another revolution around the sun that is. Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth

negative_man_by_fish_man-d4gtreh.jpg

LESS T_T

Arcane
Codex 2014
Balrum delayed to...early 2015, maybe?

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/balconyteam/balrum/posts/1036755

It is way past the release date. Sadly we have to announce that we need more time. We need at least a few extra months. We don't want to release an unfinished product. Balrum has to be polished!

Darkest Dungeon delayed to Summer 2015.

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1460250988/darkest-dungeon-by-red-hook-studios/posts/994401

Full Release Timeframe

Throughout Early Access, we will be adding new features and content to get the game to full "final" release. We are confident that full release will take place during Summer 2015. We know that this is a bit later than some of you are expecting, but just like with Early Access, we would rather deliver something that meets our own internal standards rather than rush out something that isn't ready. Rest assured that we are working hard to move that timeframe up as much as possible without sacrificing the quality of the game! A successful Early Access is the first step.

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Balrum delayed to...early 2015, maybe?

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/balconyteam/balrum/posts/1036755

It is way past the release date. Sadly we have to announce that we need more time. We need at least a few extra months. We don't want to release an unfinished product. Balrum has to be polished!

Darkest Dungeon delayed to Summer 2015.

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1460250988/darkest-dungeon-by-red-hook-studios/posts/994401

Full Release Timeframe

Throughout Early Access, we will be adding new features and content to get the game to full "final" release. We are confident that full release will take place during Summer 2015. We know that this is a bit later than some of you are expecting, but just like with Early Access, we would rather deliver something that meets our own internal standards rather than rush out something that isn't ready. Rest assured that we are working hard to move that timeframe up as much as possible without sacrificing the quality of the game! A successful Early Access is the first step.

It also seems fairly obvious that Antharion, Sui Generis and StarCrawlers will be delayed into 2015, although only the latter has officially confirmed it as far as I can see: https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/125859261/starcrawlers/posts/1009631

Did you back Antharion? Most of its updates are hidden.

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Blackguards 2 release date is apparently January 20, 2015.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom