Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

The List of Incline - 2015 Edition

Which of these games are you looking forward to? (multiple responses allowed)

• Total voters
Voted for:
D:OS - Spent 60+ hours in the beta itself, two playthroughs.
Grimoire - Hope it gets released before I have kids.
Underrail - WL2 feels too popamole compared to this.

Also, on the lookout for the following, though mainly Balrum and Antharion.
Unrest (Codex thread)
Release Date: June 26th, 2014
Set in Ancient India. Play as ordinary people struggling for safety and food.

Balrum (Codex thread)
Release Date: Fall, 2014
Isometric open world fantasy RPG with building, farming and crafting.

Starcrawlers (Codex thread)
Release Date: Late 2014
Sci-fi turn-based, procedurally-generated blobber.

Antharion (Codex thread)
Release Date: 2014
An old-school turn-based party-based RPG set in an open fantasy world.

Darkest Dungeon (Codex thread)
Release Date: Early 2015
Gothic roguelike RPG about the psychological stresses of adventuring.

GlutenBurger

Cipher
Is Wasteland 2 the only one of these games to currently have a dependable release date? It feels like this stuff is always just around the corner, but never arriving. It's lucky I don't have a social calendar, or I might be a little disgruntled about having kept it clear all this time.

Darth Roxor

Royal Dongsmith
Staff Member
Is Wasteland 2 the only one of these games to currently have a dependable release date? It feels like this stuff is always just around the corner, but never arriving. It's lucky I don't have a social calendar, or I might be a little disgruntled about having kept it clear all this time.

D:OS has had a specific release date for like a month now.

Also Grimoire :troll:

Roguey

Codex Staff
Staff Member
Sawyerite
Even though there are hundreds more votes in the previous poll, I'm reasonably confident the ratios are going to remain roughly the same from here on out. So to sum up: Most enthusiasm is more or less the same, with the exceptions of Underrail getting a 20% boost and Wasteland 2 taking a 20% fall. The double-edged sword of Early Access.

VioletShadow

Sensate
Patron
Codex 2013 Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Shadorwun: Hong Kong
Torment, Eternity, WL2, D:OS, and Underrail the most. Had a lot of fun playing Underrail E.A for a few hours and sold on WL2 after doing translation for the Canyon of Titan fuken monks :lol:

Minttunator

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012 Codex 2013 Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Codex USB, 2014 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pathfinder: Wrath
The Witcher 3 is missing from the list! :P

That aside, one more addition for potential incline (probably too early to tell, though):

Runemaster (Codex thread)
Release date: Q4 2014
Turn-based RPG with procedurally generated content, based on Norse mythology.

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
I'm not convinced that Runemaster is actually an RPG. I suspect Paradox think it'd be easier to sell an "RPG" than a procedurally generated Heroes/King's Bounty thing.

Last edited:

Minttunator

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012 Codex 2013 Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Codex USB, 2014 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pathfinder: Wrath
I'd argue that the King's Bounty games are RPGs by any reasonable definition (in before "what is an RPG?") - I do agree, though, that we don't really have enough information on Runemaster yet.

Scroo

Female Quota Staff
Patron
Staff Member
Codex 2014 Codex Year of the Donut Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2
AoD, D:OS, Grimoire (hue), Legends of Eisenwald, Lords of Xulima, Serpent in the Staglands, Underrail and WL2.

I've got the Early Access Versions of D:OS and Underrail already but I don't want to spoil it for me, so I will have to wait.

Jaesun

Fabulous Ex-Moderator
Patron
MCA
I've got the Early Access Versions of D:OS and Underrail already but I don't want to spoil it for me, so I will have to wait.

You can actually play Underrail for a few hours and it won't really spoil much for you (to get a good feel for the game). Granted, if this is the kind of game you like to play (like I do) you may not have the willpower to stop..... :)

CyberWhale

Arcane
Glory to Ukraine
All of them. Some, more than others, though.

This. I can't say that there's any game on the list I'm not interested in - I'm going to check every single one of them sooner or later.
Except Grimoire of course - the golden baby will never fly so I'll have to satisfy my curiosity with the Super Demo.

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Added Blackguards 2 to OP. Don't think it's worth adding to the poll since everybody has voted by now.

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
The estimated release date of Age of Decadence is now October.

Jaesun

Fabulous Ex-Moderator
Patron
MCA
heh OK fine (I actually DID buy a pre-order).

I'll believe it when I can BUY it and DOWNLOAD THE FULLY COMPLETED GAME AND PLAY IT IN NOVEMBER. There, now shut up. :P

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Torment delayed to Q4 2015.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom