Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

The List of Incline - 2015 Edition

Which of these games are you looking forward to? (multiple responses allowed)

• Total voters

himmy

Arcane
I voted several, pretty much the usual suspects, but I have great hopes for D:OS and Eisenwald. I played enough of the alpha to know that it will be Larian's best game to date and I believe it will receive a better appraisal from the Codex than Wasteland 2, Dead State or AoD, to compare it to its turn-based peers.

Also, Eisenwald just looks really appealing, I don't know why that is. I start drooling just by thinking of it.

Also, my prediction is that PoE is the one that will enjoy the highest level of critical and commercial success, if it manages to get released without crippling bugs.

Gozma

Arcane
I'm gonna be butthurt when Dead State sucks, the concept had a lot of potential to put me in an X-Com zone. The fact that they're letting the dinosaur arm woman artist keep working making bad portraits tells me Mitsoda is letting shitters work on stuff they suck at

LESS T_T

Arcane
Codex 2014
JWIXYCN.gif

Seriously, there are small indie RPGs worth attention, for trying to do something different or reproduce good old fun:

Unrest (Codex thread)
Release Date: June 26th, 2014
Set in Ancient India. Play as ordinary people struggling for safety and food.

Balrum (Codex thread)
Release Date: Fall, 2014
Isometric open world fantasy RPG with building, farming and crafting.

Starcrawlers (Codex thread)
Release Date: Late 2014
Sci-fi turn-based, procedurally-generated blobber.

Sui Generis (Codex thread)
Release Date: 2014
Open world action RPG, features detailed world interaction and physic-based combat.

Antharion (Codex thread)
An old-school turn-based party-based RPG set in an open fantasy world.

Darkest Dungeon (Codex thread)
Release Date: Early 2015
Gothic roguelike RPG about the psychological stresses of adventuring.

The Mandate (Codex thread)
Release Date: Early 2015
Space opera RTS+RPG with crew and ship management. Possible Mass Effect-done-right. (Actually the team looks not that small, but.)

Prisonscape (Codex thread)
Release Date: 2015?
Brutal RPG set in prison.

Frayed Knights 2
Release Date: TBA
Sequel to the comedic, Wiazrdry-like dungeon crawler. Rare non-grid blobber.

Knights of the Chalice 2 (Codex thread, sort of)
Release Date: TBA
Sequel to the combat-focused old-school RPG using d20 OGL.

Zed

Codex Staff
Patron
Staff Member
Codex USB, 2014
Age of Decadence
Divinity: Original Sin
Pillars of Eternity
Serpent in the Staglands
Torment: Tides of Numenera

Among RPGs not listed, I think Antharion is looking pretty neato.

Severian Silk

Are Xenonauts and JA: Flashback considered more strategy games than RPGs or is there another reason they aren't on the list?
Both games lack a clear protagonist and thus are offensive to the Codex's storyfags.

iZerw

Arcane
Vatnik
Wasteland 2 will be mediocre at best when Grimoire is the next best thing after Wizardry VII. Still W2 - 61%, Grimoire - 32.4%. :decline:

Abu Antar

Turn-based Poster
Patron
Enjoy the Revolution! Another revolution around the sun that is. Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
The bold games are the most interesting ones.
Age of Decadence - I like the concept but will wait for full release.
Dead State - Brian Mitsoda
Divinity: Original Sin - I liked Divine divinity and Divinity 2. I think I am going to like this.
Pillars of Eternity (aka Project Eternity) - Infinity Engine inspired rpg by Obsidian.
Torment: Tides of Numenera - Either this will be amazing or shit all over Planescape's legacy.

Underrail - I like the concept but will wait for full release.
Wasteland 2 - Turn-based post apocalyptic rpg.

But there are many others I am interested in.

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Wasteland 2 will be mediocre at best when Grimoire is the next best thing after Wizardry VII. Still W2 - 61%, Grimoire - 32.4%. :decline:

Apparently, the cumulative effect of the "Wasteland 2 defamation campaign" is about 12 votes on this poll. :M

undecaf

Arcane
Patron
Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2
D:OS
T:ToN
WL2
PoE

Basically the games I pledged (too much) for in Kickstarter; excluding Dead State which I'm not really looking forward to all that much (I'll see if I should have once it's ready).

treborSux

Arcane
Underrail looks kind of cool, just kind of lame they didn't go with a multi-platform engine.

Divinity: Original Sin looks ok, I'll probably wait for people to shit on it though so I have an excuse not to play it.

Wasteland 2 looks amazing and shitty at the same time.

The only game I voted for was Grimoire, because it outclasses everything else with release dates and isometric graphics

Voted for:

Age of Decadence: After playing the first open beta I fell instantly in love for it. Just brought back all those good memories from fallouts and some text based adventures I've played in such way that i've been really having to hold myself for not playing the recent beta updates.

Dead State: Haven't played it yet but bought it already. Good promises, kind of stiff with the updates tho which is shame.

Divinity: Original Sin: Seems like solid AAA product overall. Can't wait to play this shit.

Grimoire: Good or not, whether it is coming out or not. Lulz have been had and if coming out more lulz is gonna be had. Will not disappoint I'm sure.

Legend of Grimrock 2: Enjoyed the first game. Kind of getting trampled over these other awesome games but if it is gonna deliver more or less the same it's gonna be enjoyable experience.

Serpent in the Staglands: Wouldn't have noticed this without Codex. Seems like it's gonna be very fun game made with love for darklands and the like.

Underrail: Played it a little and the same with AoD just fell in love instantly. For the price it's the best game in the the list in my opinion.

Torment, Wasteland 2, Pillars of Eternity: Haven't followed them much because I really just want to play them without any prior knowledge. I could not be without playing these considering the pedigree they have.

Didn't vote for Legends of Eisenwald but it seems like solid game but nothing really exciting personally.

Underrail, Original Sin & AoD are my top picks, but I'm looking forward to at least giving a try to all of them (especially seeing as I've already pre-ordered 10 out of 13).

Essegi

Cipher
What about KOTC 2 ? Any particular reason it isn't included on the list ?

Probably has something to do with the fact that we know next to nothing about it, to the point where most people probably don't even know it's in development
In the last update BlueSalamander said that all editors are completed and now he's focusing on the game itself.
I think that with AoD and maybe Underrail (wich i've both voted here) is the crpg i'm expecting more. Yet it makes sense to exclude it from the list.:P

I voted also: Grimoire, LoG2, Lords of Xultima, Serpents in the Staglands.
I was going to vote D:OS and Eisenwald too, but i've not followed them enough and i didn't want to vote all.:D
Sui Generis (Codex thread)
Open world action RPG, features detailed world interaction and physic-based combat.
+1

Last edited:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom