Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

The Sales of the Codex - Codex's best selling PC games

Rev

Arcane
There's a thread named The Sales of Incline in the RPG section which lists and ranks the "inclined" rpgs by their total sales (or rather their Steam sales using Steamspy), but what do the Codex users actually buy?
Since I've always liked lists, numbers and rankings, I thought we can open a thread where we can list our games (not only the RPGs), classify them and see which are the most loved (or hated) in this forum.

So, you can post the games you bought (either recently or many years ago) and I'll update the OP with your games, ranking from top to button based on the numbers of copies sold among Codex users.
Of course, since the Codex is an elite club for the most monocled gentlemen, the games that we'll consider in this thread will only be the ones released for PC: they can be RPGs or other genres, they can be AAA or indie, multi-platform titles or exclusives, the only thing that matters is that they are officially released for PC.
Example: Age of Decadence -> yes, Grand Theft Auto V -> yes, Uncharted -> no.

Also, you can post here your latest purchases, the games you bought in the last months/years or even your entire collection from Steam, GOG or whatever other digital store (or your retail titles) and I'll update the OP with them. So, you can post games like Doom, Baldur's Gate, Fallout, Quake, and more recents ones as well, the only things that matters is that you bought them (even if you just paid them 1 cent in a Humble Bundle) instead of receiving them for free.
I think that's all, but I'll make a brief summary with all the rules in spoiler, so you can always check them:
1 Only PC games (regardless of genre, age or budget), no console title will be considered;
1.1 Both recently released games and old ones will be ranked: you want to add your latest AAA popamole shit? You can. You want to add Half-Life, Fallout, Ultima VII? You can.
1.2 Emulated games don't count, only games that were officially released for PC, even if they were ported many years later than their console release (so, Bayonetta -> yes; Zelda -> no);​
2 Only titles that you actually bought are considered, if you received it for free it doesn't count;
2.1 It doesn't matter if you bought the game at full price or less than 1 $, it still count as one copy sold;
2.2 Both retail and digital purchases are considered for the ranking;
2.3 free-to-play games will not be considered in this thread;
2.4 If you buy a game and gift it to a friend you can post it and it will be ranked;​
3 DLCs and expansions that require a base game will not be ranked in the OP, only full-titles and standalone expansions;
4 If you want, you can always add pics or your latest purchases (or even some past, precious title from your collection);
5 If you don't remember if you already posted some games, you can use use the search function and then put your nickname in the "Posted by Member" section and tick the "Search this thread only" option.

Rev

Arcane
Of course, I'll add the ranking in the OP once we have some games to add.
I'll start with my latest purchase: +1 to Sleeping Dogs: Definitive Edition, F1 2017 and Divinity: Original Sin 2.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom