Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

The Sales of Incline.

Klarion

Arcane
How are the sales of BG: Siege of Dragonspear? Are they good? Why can't I see them on Steamspy?

Klarion

Arcane
How are the sales of BG: Siege of Dragonspear? Are they good? Why can't I see them on Steamspy?
Isn't it a DLC?
I couldn't find other DLC's on Steamspy either.

Oh ok... Didn't know...

I hope it's doing good though, I think all that hate Beamdog got was definitely undeserved, way exaggerated and stuff... Transgender folks existed even in Roman times so why shouldn't they be included in such fantasy setting that's based on medieval Europe?

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Hey Kz3r0, here's a version of my script you can edit and run online: https://goo.gl/QCLSv8

Click 'Execute' and copy the results from the green window at the bottom. Easy!

Last edited:

t

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Serpent in the Staglands Divinity: Original Sin Torment: Tides of Numenera Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
Infinitron You also need to automate editing a post. Shouldn't be so hard, right? The link to the editing the post doesn't change, the position on the page of content edited doesn't change, just the authentication is something I'm not sure about, but surely can be figured out?

Edit: although it would probably be easier to just write a new salesofincline.com that does this shit :)

skycycle

Educated
A few updates:

Tyranny owners - 190,719 ± 12,590
Torment: Tides of Numenera owners - 113,736 ± 9,723

Planescape: Torment: Enhanced Edition owners - 27,618 ± 4,792 (released Apr 11, 2017)
Expeditions: Vikings owners - 25,879 ± 4,638 (released Apr 27, 2017)
The Long Journey Home owners - 19,137 ± 3,989 (released May 30, 2017)

Tyranny has entered the 190,000 range, it was discounted by 50% for a day or so during E3 so that + the announcements should help it cross 200,000 soon. Torment is sliding backwards from from its peak of around 128,000. Planescape is off to a slow but steady start, while Viking is still more than 100,000 copies away from Expeditions: Conquistador (144,399 ± 10,956 owners).

------

New to the thread, but is there a reason why the Enhanced versions of Baldur's Gate I and II are not included in the respective Tiers? Also curious how much Siege of Dragonspear has sold, and what Beamdog would need to cover the production costs. Even if 10% of BGII Enhanced owners have it, that would add up to 40,000+ copies.

Baldur's Gate: Enhanced Edition owners - 595,209 ±22,231
Baldur's Gate II: Enhanced Edition owners - 415,581 ±18,580

Invictus

Arcane
The Real Fanboy
Divinity: Original Sin 2
For all the angst about Tyranny beign shitty and whatever (I quite liked it myself especially the magic system) I dare say that the facts pretty much point that it not only sold better than Torment but it IS a better fucking game

PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Serpent in the Staglands Bubbles In Memoria A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
Torment is a mixture of good and bad elements (but mainly good) that somehow not only fails to be more than the sum of its parts , but actually somehow become less than the sum of its parts. A game that mostly good stuff 7 to 3 somehow comes together to be worse than its cumulative sum. Torment =/= Torment.

I don't even know how you do that.

Tyranny is a mixture of good and bad elements (about a 50/50 split) that is basically the sum of its parts. Not better, not worse. Just the sum. Tyranny = Tyranny.

skycycle

Educated
People around here don't like them.

Thanks, got it now. Made a little mistake in my post above btw, Siege of Dragonspear is for BG I of course, meaning that 10% would add up to ~60,000 copies.

Some more stats based on SteamSpy:

Estimated Tyranny sales, last 3 months: 45,000+
Estimated Torment: Tides of Numenera sales, last 3 months: 10,000+

With the extra content and a sale or two, Tyranny might go for 300,000 by the end of the year.

Perkel

Arcane
Jesus, how badly Torment has bombed? It's stuck around the same number for months now.

Torment had most of dev cost paid by people. I assume even at 150k they earned enough to cover most of what they put into it.
On other hand RPG games sell for YEARS even decades after release.

V_K

Arcane
I assume even at 150k they earned enough to cover most of what they put into it.
You're forgetting that this figure includes at the minimum 74k backer copies (that's assuming 1 copy per backer because I can't be bothered to count the multiple-copy tiers).

Klarion

Arcane
Jesus, how badly Torment has bombed? It's stuck around the same number for months now.

Torment had most of dev cost paid by people. I assume even at 150k they earned enough to cover most of what they put into it.
On other hand RPG games sell for YEARS even decades after release.

No way that 150k copies sold gets them even.... Inxile got 4.5 M from Kickstarter and then added another 3-4 M from their own pocket...

skycycle

Educated
Considering InXile had to cut content from Torment "based on lengthy internal prototyping, budgeting, and scheduling considerations", I would be hesitant to look for options to 'go even', but let's take a closer look while we're at it.

Torment: Tides of Numenera Global Sales

(Sources: VGChartz, Steamspy)

11,067 copies on PS4 (as of May 6)
8,150 on Xbox One (as of May 6)
6,796 on PC (Retail sales, as of May 6)
~115,000 on PC (Steam sales estimate, as of June 18)

The total on Steamspy was almost the same on May 6 however, so we can more or less conclude that the game sold upwards of 140,000 copies across all platforms in its first 10 weeks or so. It was already down to around 150 copies per week on consoles, and selling about 350 on PC retail, so in the 6 weeks since it's probably added another 4,000 or so.

Seems like 150,000 is a good current estimate, now the question is how much money do they need to make, and how much have they made based on average prices and speculative Steam/etc cut.

Kev Inkline

Arcane
Patron
A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
All that lost goodwill on the conole crap just to get those lil bit of console sales. Wow.
To be fair, the respective figures show 130K on PS4 and 60K on Xbone for Wasteland 2. I guess it all went south also in that regard, if they used WL2 console sales as any sort of proxy.

Thanks for the VGChartz site, skycycle. I don't know how it has escaped me for this long.

skycycle

Educated
You are welcome :) Wasteland 2 strikes me as much more large screen friendly than Torment, and in general fits consoles better IMO. The setting and premise is also much more well known, all things that work for Wasteland 2 and against Torment.

Wonder if they will put both on sale during the Steam event to make up some lost ground.

Rev

Arcane
Guys, VGCHartz is shit and makes up its numbers, it's not reliable even in the slightest.
That said, Fargo confirmed in the last Codex interview that console sales were "negligible", so we know for certain that the game bombed there even harder than on PC (where at least they managed to sold 100k+ copies, even if everyone expected more). That said, everyone (except the hacks at inXile, of course) knew that Torment was gonna perform terribly on consoles, and it probably caused (at least, in part) the disappoint PC sales, since most of the fans were angry at them ever since the announce of the console porting.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom