Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

The Sales of Incline.

t

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Serpent in the Staglands Divinity: Original Sin Torment: Tides of Numenera Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
Age of Decadence is outselling Derpest Dungeon by a very significant margin despite not being on sale. I am fine with this.
How exactly? Darkest Dungeon sold more than 1M copies, no?

Celerity

Takes 1337 hours to realise it's shit.
Village Idiot Possibly Retarded
Right. AoD is on page 6, Derpest on page 16. Though if you ignore the shill sparked purchases it'd win overall purchases as well.

Rev

Arcane
On Mar 6:

AoD: 97,612, avg. price $15.29
DR: 19,148, avg. price $6.07

AoD is about to hit the 100k mark.
Great numbers, and now that AoD is discounted on GOG it may have passed 100k. Also almost 20k for Dungeon Rats is pretty good, given that the game is even more niche and that it was done in just a year using many assets from AoD so it definetely cost less to make.
Well deserved, Vince. :salute:

Kz3r0

Arcane
Battle Brothers sold mre than fifty thousand copies.
Stasis sold more than forty thousand copies.
Legend of Eisenwald sold more than one hundred twenty thousand copies.

Invictus

Arcane
The Real Fanboy
Divinity: Original Sin 2
Torment:ToN
Currently:
Owners: 101,923 ± 9,010
So taking into account the game had over 70,000 backers who got a copy and just for argument sake lets say 10,000 where exchanged for GOG codes we are looking at the game selling less than 40,000 copies after launch and early access on Steam
Yup that doesnt look good for InXile, they might sell over time respectable numbers (say 300,000 overall in one year) but definetly not what they would have needed...plus they fucked up how much time and money for the consoles?

Klarion

Arcane
Is Tyranny gonna be a good seller for Obsidian? How long till they get their money back? I think the game costed around 3 times less to make than PoE so it looks like it was a good deal for Obsidian.

Abu Antar

Turn-based Poster
Patron
Enjoy the Revolution! Another revolution around the sun that is. Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Is Tyranny gonna be a good seller for Obsidian? How long till they get their money back? I think the game costed around 3 times less to make than PoE so it looks like it was a good deal for Obsidian.
Where did you get the info about the cost of the game? I'm genuinely curious. I don't think it will be a big seller. It'll do some decent numbers during sales, probably.

Klarion

Arcane
Where did you get the info about the cost of the game? I'm genuinely curious. I don't think it will be a big seller. It'll do some decent numbers during sales, probably.
I read it somewhere around here but it's just an estimate... You think it costed more? You think it's selling good so far? It's not gonna be a hit, but it'll sell decent and return the money invested for sure.

Abu Antar

Turn-based Poster
Patron
Enjoy the Revolution! Another revolution around the sun that is. Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
I read it somewhere around here but it's just an estimate... You think it costed more? You think it's selling good so far? It's not gonna be a hit, but it'll sell decent and return the money invested for sure.
I don't really know what it cost, to be honest. Less than PoE, for sure. It's under performed, because it hasn't made any profit yet. They expect to see a profit when DLC hits, but the Pillars of Eternity DLCs didn't light the charts on fire.

Klarion

Arcane
I don't really know what it cost, to be honest. Less than PoE, for sure. It's under performed, because it hasn't made any profit yet. They expect to see a profit when DLC hits, but the Pillars of Eternity DLCs didn't light the charts on fire.
Well it's been out for less than half a year so it's not a big deal if it hasn't made money back yet. And yes it costed less than PoE, A LOT less.

Klarion

Arcane
Regarding TTON, I think Inxile should make their money back within two or three years. This is just my estimate, nothing more but this is a type of game that will keep sellin' long time from now. What do you guys think?

Last edited:

Kz3r0

Arcane
Added Harebrained Schemes to the list of developers.

Shadowrun Returns passed the million copies sold mark.

Legend of Eisenwald sold more than one hundred seventy thousand copies.

Added Shadow Tactics : Blades of the Shogun at above one hundred thousand copies sold.

Added Thimbleweed Park at the thirty five thousand copies sold related tier.

King of Dragon Pass and Unrest sold more than twenty thousand copies.

Stellar Tactics sold almost seven thousand copies.

By the way I noticed that many games now feature less copies sold than previously, I left them at their tier and moved only the ones showing increases in sales.

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
It wouldn't be too hard to write a Python script that scrapes these stats and generates a post automatically.

Yo Kz3r0

Code:
import json
import locale
import urllib.request

appids = [373420, 240760, 291650, 230070, 250520]
bins = [bin * 1000 for bin in [1000, 500, 400, 300, 200, 100, 50, 40, 20, 10, 0]]

locale.setlocale(locale.LC_ALL, '')

stats = {}

for appid in appids:
    url = "http://steamspy.com/api.php?request=appdetails&appid=" + str(appid)
    request = urllib.request.Request(url, headers={"User-Agent":"Mozilla/5.0"})
    stats[appid] = json.loads(urllib.request.urlopen(request).read().decode())

appids.sort(key=lambda x:stats[x]["owners"], reverse=True)

i = 0
print("[I]>[/I]" + format(bins[i], 'n') + " tier\n")

for appid in appids:
    name = stats[appid]["name"]
    owners = stats[appid]["owners"]

while (owners < bins[i]):
        i = i + 1
        if owners > bins[i]:
            print("\n" + format(bins[i], 'n') + "[I]<[/I]" + format(bins[i-1], 'n') + " tier\n")

print("[URL=http://steamspy.com/app/" + str(appid) + "][SIZE=4][B]" + name + "[/B][/SIZE][/URL]\n")

Modify appids and bins as required.

Last edited:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom