Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

The Sales of Incline.

Kz3r0

Arcane
I have received a complaint for incorrect use of mathematical notation, being this a matter of high complexity I will refer to Codex Scholars.

Rate AGREE if you want to change to this:
Example:
500.000<1.000.000

Rate DISAGREE if you want to maintain the current notation:
Example:
500.000>1.000.000

Kz3r0

Arcane
Last edited:

Jimmious

Arcane
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
I have received a complaint for incorrect use of mathematical notation, being this a matter of high complexity I will refer to Codex Scholars.

Rate AGREE if you want to change to this:
Example:
500.000<1.000.000

Rate DISAGREE if you want to maintain the current notation:
Example:
500.000>1.000.000
What about simply 500.000-1.000.000 ?
And then >1.000.000 or 1.000.000+ ?

Jimmious

Arcane
Patron
When you want to depict a range of values you normally use "-" ... It always mildly bugged me that you had the "<" , but not nearly enough to comment on it :P

V_K

Arcane
To be completely correct, it should be either 500.000<=x<1.000.000 or 500.000<x<=1.000.000, depending on which boundary is included in the range.
There's also bracket notation, but I'm not sure it's used in the Anglophone world. In bracket notation it would be, once again depending on the boundary inclusion, either [500.000, 1.000.000) or (500.000, 1.000.000].

thesheeep

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012 Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Torment: Tides of Numenera Codex USB, 2014 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Bubbles In Memoria A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
[500.000, 1.000.000) or (500.000, 1.000.000].
Wtf, man, that looks like some drunk web developer didn't get his array straight.

The "a<x<b" notation is probably the most clear one, but I wonder how important any of this is. It's not like it is unreadable currently.

Jimmious

Arcane
Patron
500<=X<1000 is an overkill imo, when will a game sit on exactly 500k sales?
500-1000 indicates the following games are within this range, simple and clean.

It's an important debate let's keep it going :obviously:

V_K

Arcane
Wtf, man, that looks like some drunk web developer didn't get his array straight.
It's a notation used for describing intervals in math. Square bracked means that the boundary is included in the range, round bracket, that it is excluded.
In other words:
[A, B] means A<=x<=B;
(A, B) means A<x<B;
(A, B] means A<x<=B;
[A, B) means A<=x<B.
But since we have a scale here, and you can't have a number belonging to two ranges simultaneously, you have to use either of the last two options.

500<=X<1000 is an overkill imo, when will a game sit on exactly 500k sales?
Well, people wanted a mathematically accurate notation? That's how you do a mathematically accurate notation. The question of it making any sense is a whole other question.

Kz3r0

Arcane
ERoine Quest surpassed LoG 2.
Banner Saga 2 takes the lead in its tier.
Hard West surpassed Paper Sorcerer.
UnderRail surpassed Age of decadence, Arcanum surpassed them both.
Battle Brothers surpassed Stasis.
Antharion takes the lead in the lowest tier.
Bastard Bonds surpssed Serpent in the Staglands.

Kz3r0

Arcane
Monthly update:
Darkest Dungeon passed the million units sold threshold.
Blackguards passed the half a million units sold threshold.
The rest of the tiers in the next post.

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
You accidentally put D:OS 2 together with D:OS 1 at over a million copies, and Dungeon Rats with AoD at over 50,000. Fixed, and also added another game. :M

Kz3r0

Arcane
Legend of Grimrock 2 passed the three hundred thousand units sold threshold.
Blackguards 2 surpassed
Might & Magic X.
Clandestine surpassed King of Dragon Pass.
Bastard Bonds and Serpent in the Staglands surpassed AntharioN.
Stellar Tactics surpassed Telepath Tactics and Voidspire Tactics.

Abu Antar

Turn-based Poster
Patron
Enjoy the Revolution! Another revolution around the sun that is. Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Ah, I read that it wasn't getting data. Good to see that things will go back to normal.

CryptRat

Arcane
Developer

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom