Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

The Sales of Incline.

WingedPixel

Winged Pixel
Developer
Monthly update:
Heroes of a Broken Land pass to the superior tier.

Yeah! One more life goal numerically quantified!

I think the steam spy numbers are fairly accurate as to total copies sold, but a bit low. Total lifetime sales are probably around 12000 or so. But the majority (~7000) are still from the 2 bundles I entered before the game was available on Steam, and not all have been activated on Steam yet. Maybe they're available on G2A or some shit.

The total number sold is mostly irrelevant, but obviously 1000000 >> 10000. Maybe it helps for future titles, because more people are aware of your games?

I don't think the numbers you're tracking really matter in this age of bundles and frequent sales - there are only 3 metrics that really matter to a developer (in no particular order):
1) Money: $$$ (or ROI if you're larger)
2) Critical acclaim, either via reviews/metacritic or just fan happiness
3) Personal reasons

The % played is also interesting, at least to get at idea if people actually give a shit about your game or are just bundle addicts. That's probably more useful for trying to determine the market for future games.

The Bootymancer

Learned
I thought Invisible, Inc was a lot more successful than that, interesting. Not that it's done poorly by any means, but I thought it was comparable in visibility/popularity to the likes of Shadowrun and Grimrock at least.

tuluse

Arcane
Serpent in the Staglands Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Shadorwun: Hong Kong
I thought Invisible, Inc was a lot more successful than that, interesting. Not that it's done poorly by any means, but I thought it was comparable in visibility/popularity to the likes of Shadowrun and Grimrock at least.
Grimrock 1 sales are hyper-inflated by being in an early humble bundle.

Kz3r0

Arcane
Monthly update:
Hard West surpassed Banner Saga 2
Underrail passed at the superior tier with fifty-five thousand copies sold.
Stasis surpassed Battle Brothers.
Bastard Bonds surpassed Antharion.

Kz3r0

Arcane
Monthly update:
Legend of Grimrock climbs at the top of its tier bundle after bundle.
Wasteland 2 surpasses Banner Saga.
Blackguars 2 surpasses Might&Magick X.
UnderRail surpasse Age of Decadence.
Antharion surpasses Bastard Bonds.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom