Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

The Sales of Incline.

Baron Dupek

Arcane
kwanzabot
Next you tell me Deus Ex Revision being Steam exclusive is good idea and even though you have 3 physical copies + one on GOG you still should buy another copy of Deus Ex to play it.
Steamtards.
Steamtards never change.

kwanzabot

Cipher
Shitposter
kwanzabot
Next you tell me Deus Ex Revision being Steam exclusive is good idea and even though you have 3 physical copies + one on GOG you still should buy another copy of Deus Ex to play it.
Steamtards.
Steamtards never change.

i actually have a physical and steam copy of the first deus ex

wanna know why? cos i got cash money and i dont give a fk

if you want me to order you a couple pizzas, provided whatever third world country you live in has dominos pm me your address

Kz3r0

Arcane
Monthly update:
Torment: Tides of Numenera surpassed the ten thousand copies in Early access.
Heroine Quest surpassed the two hundred thousand copies sold.
Dead State surpassed the one hundred thousand copies sold.
Other minor changes can be found in the OP.

Abu Antar

Turn-based Poster
Patron
Enjoy the Revolution! Another revolution around the sun that is. Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Pillars of Eternity:

02/09/2016 - 742k
02/28/2016 - 687k

That's quite the difference. Despite reading about how Steamspy works, that's a big difference.

LESS T_T

Arcane
Codex 2014
Pillars of Eternity:

02/09/2016 - 742k
02/28/2016 - 687k

That's quite the difference. Despite reading about how Steamspy works, that's a big difference.

https://www.patreon.com/posts/4486855

What happened to data on February, 8?

If you're using Steam Spy regularity, you've probably noticed a sudden jump in owners on February, 8 for almost all games.

For most of them, it was a single spike that lasted for 3-4 days and was gone by February, 13, but some free-to-play and multiplayer games kept their "new" owners.

It happened because I've realized I've made a mistake in detecting bots and had to fix it. Usually, I'm re-checking total accounts space once in every two weeks or so to account for new users. But last Autumn (in October) I've decided to change it, so I don't count Dota 2 bots and limit CS: GO smurfs.

That was a mistake. Instead of fighting bots I was undersampling new Steam users. It affected data for some f2p games and China because new users are more likely to register on Steam for free games and are more likely to come from China now that Steam has local prices in renminbi.

I had to fix this bug that I've introduced myself, and so I did. It caused a short spike that affected data for three days, but now everything should be back to normal.

Yes, Steam Spy still counts bot owners as legitimate owners and I guess it affects Dota 2 ownership. But the active biweekly audience is more reliable for f2p games anyways and this metric isn't affected by bots much.

Sorry for the inconvenience it might've caused.

Jimmious

Arcane
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
One would think that Dead State sold enough to make the devs consider a sequel? With the proper fixes it could become a really class game. 100k is not a small number for the genre...Please? Maybe? :negative:

GrainWetski

Arcane
Been a local top seller here for the last few days. Only behind Dark Souls 3 right now.

IHaveHugeNick

Arcane
One would think that Dead State sold enough to make the devs consider a sequel? With the proper fixes it could become a really class game. 100k is not a small number for the genre...Please? Maybe? :negative:

It was in Humble Bundle...

Vault Dweller

Commissar, Red Star Studio
Developer

Jimmious

Arcane
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Indeed great news. Well done VD. Also got my copy in the last weekend, will play...in the next one :)

Kz3r0

Arcane
Monthly update, the only changes happened in the 10.000>40.000 range, check the OP if you are interested.

MrMarbles

Cipher
does that mean they almost hit the milestone? i assume after 45,000 it is full, delicious profit
Already hit it. Over 45k copies sold, over 1 mil in revenues. Since our investment was very low ($15k or so), 45k copies sold aren't our breaking even point but money needed to finance our next game (the colony ship rpg) since we are working full time now.
:bravo:

Self-Ejected

Lurker King

Self-Ejected
The Real Fanboy
Dead State sold more than 100k? Jesus. VD, you must invite Brian Mitsoda to write a quest in your next game. It will generate publicity.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom