Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

The RPG Mod Repository

Self-Ejected

Lilura

RPG Codex Dragon Lady
Concerning NWN2 UIs, I now prefer the cleaner look of Slim GUI 2.79 to both Tcho's and Charlie's, you can see how both themes look here.

has an installer, easy to install, uninstall, modify options, even has configuration in-game from options menu (hit esc key).

Last edited:

Vicar

Cipher
Patron
The nwn vault has died. :decline:

But it seems like there's backup? Wonder what will happen to the nwn modding community. ):

ghostdog

Arcane
Patron
If there is a backup it will all be moved to nexus and all will be well.

Newfag-er

Liturgist
That ui looks really good, thank you

Cramming up my game list with two more...

uaciaut

Augur
Why are there no Wizardry 8 mods linked in the OP (maybe with some light descriptions)? :<

I would like to mention that the PRC pack for NWN 1 is now fully completed and compatible with 99% of the modules.

It has transqueer/otherkin genders for the most librul of audiences.

Severian Silk

So, there are no bugfix/patch mods for BG1 other than the ones listed in the OP? Also, how well does the game run in Windows 7? Anything I should be wary of?

[edit]

I am playing the "Original Saga" version from GOG.com.

Last edited by a moderator:

Severian Silk

Does Fields of the Dead for BG1 require EasyTutu? Will it work with the GOG version of the game?

Essegi

Cipher
The Keep on the Borderlands 1.0.0 for The Temple of Elemental Evil has been released!
That should be interesting...
It's been a long time coming...

The Circle of Eight Team ( www.Co8.org ) is proud to announce that the Keep on the Borderlands mod is finished and available for download: get it right here at ModDB.

What is Keep on the Borderlands?

KotB is a new module - or total conversion, if you prefer - for the Atari game Temple of Elemental Evil. It was created by modders at the Circle of Eight fansite and freely distributed. It requires the original Temple of Elemental Evil game, patched to patch 2. It does not require any other mods from Co8, such as Co8 8.0: it is a separate module to ToEE and not a mod of it.

KotB is for starting level players. It attempts to push many elements of the ToEE engine to their limits, using the engine's capacity for animations, quests, skills, feats and dialogue, as well as combat, to produce an adventure game in the classic puzzle-solving mode. There is considerably more thought required to finish KotB than ToEE: though all the information is still given in the game, and it is not excessively difficult, just more thoughtful than the original game.

The aim of the game is simple. The player controls one or more characters who have arrived at the Keep on the Borderlands seeking fame, fortune and adventure. The player needs only talk to the NPCs of the Keep and surrounding locales, and role-play their character, to find a variety of adventures, culminating in a journey to the infamous Caves of Chaos, where the party can fight, work for, manipulate or despoil the various tribes of monsters.

Features of Keep on the Borderlands
Keep on the Borderlands expands on ToEE's excellent simulation of the D&D3.5 engine with the following additional features:

New skills - Alchemy, Handle Animal, Climb, Use Rope, Knowledge (Nature), Speak Language, Disguise and Forgery (NPC only) - and additional uses for skills such as Appraise, Perform, Spellcraft and Sleight-of-Hand
New class abilities such as Wild Empathy, Slow Fall, Illiteracy, new familiars, better control over animal companions, new spells, Domain skills, class-specific quests
New racial abilities such as Stonecunning and racial languages
Over 60 new maps to explore, with more interactive environments (such as desks, shelves and cupboards commonplace) and over 40 quests
Heaps of new and classic equipment from the PHB such as Disguise and Climbing kits, new magic items, and many alchemical items.
Deeper, more thoughtful quest progressions, usually with multiple ways of completing quests.
Day / night routines for most NPCs.
'Black Market economy' with stolen items and fences.
And of course the new spells, new equipment and bugfixes that Co8 brought to ToEE, including more than 60 new feats.

Please post feedback at www.Co8.org, and enjoy!

Last edited:

Deakul

Augur
Would anyone happen to still have the Slim GUI mod for NWN2? The Tcho UI mod causes all of the portraits in the game to be squished and I wanted to try an alternative but the only place it seems to have been available at was the IGN site which is now dead.

Deakul

Augur
No dice, maybe further down the line.

Guess I'll just suck it up and deal with the squished UI stuff, I'm playing Mask of the Betrayer finally.

Orzie

Arbiter
I would actually suggest to consider this mod for Might and Magic VI and this mod for Might and Magic VII. They were once a major breakthrough in MM6-8 modding and remain the largest and most effort-taking complete projects by the current moment.

I don't know if you include mods which add new story/new locations/etc., but these provide a nice refreshment of the game experience, especially The Chaos Conspiracy mod for MM6. Musthave for those who love the game but learned everything in it by heart being unable to replay it again (oh, such a familiar problem for many cRPGs)

solomonhume

Novice
All the links below has been fixed.

Neverwinter Nights 2

SoZ random encounter reducer - fewer random encouters on the world map in SoZ.

Subtlety of Thay Chapter 1 and Chapter 2 - old school role-playing with choice and consequence

The Conan Chronicles 1 The Conan Chronicles 2 - a set of 3 low level NWN2 modules based on stories of Conan the Barbarian.

Harp & Chrysanthemum - an extremely polished mod, yet short, with a sequel in development.

TonyK's henchman inventory & battle AI mod - improves the monster AI in addition to making the henchies much more bearable to work with.

Charlie's UI Considered by many, a must have.

You have to choose between Reeron's or Kaedrin's packs. They aren't compatible with each other.

Spellcasting fix pack for NWN2 by Reeron and Trekari

Kaedrin's PrC Pack

solomonhume

Novice
All links fixed

Neverwinter Nights
:

NWNCQ alters levels geometry to make maps look more organic

NWShader injects various 3D effects

Honor Among Thieves - tons of role-playing, C&C, and stealth.

Almraiven - a city adventure designed for Wizards.

Shadewood - a sequel to Almraiven, set in forests, swamps, and mountains.

Tortured Hearts - a long, unforgiving, open-ended module. Lists Fallout as a major influence.

Tortured Hearts II - even longer and includes a custom tradeskill system.

Exile of the West - a module set in a highly fictionalized version of medieval Germany.

Maugeter - low fantasy, high magic, open-ended.

Citadel - it's made by humans, is 60 hours, and has adult content. City/mountain/planar setting.

Tony K's AI for NWN - Henchman Inventory & Battle AI mod v1.08

Alazander's trilogy:
Siege of Shadowdale
Crimson Tides of Tethyr
Tyrants of the Moonsea - modules from a guy who later designed Mysteries of Westgate

Darth Canoli

Arcane
Temple of Elemental Evil:

Circle of Eight - fixes bugs and adds some controversial new content (which is now optional). The Keep on the Borderlands demo can be downloaded from the same link.

The Keep on the Borderlands 1.0.0 for The Temple of Elemental Evil has been released!

Jaesun It's missing Temple+ 1.0.84

And Also

Knights of the Chalice 2 Hearkenwold 1.14

Dungeon Siege:

Ultima V: Lazarus - converts Ultima V to the Dungeon Siege engine.

Did anyone play this?
I'm not too exited about the dungeon siege engine but it might be interesting and the second last mod download link is working.

Fallout Tactics:

Fallout Tactics: Awaken - for those who want to play a Fallout 3 not made by Bethesda. Available in English and Polish.
Fallout Tactics: Awaken
has the nice FFT engine, but uses F/F2 interface and has sidequests and is non linear to some degree. For me it's the unofficial real Fallout 3.

Same question here, i never liked much Fallout Tactics but i only played the demo a long time ago.
I never heard of it before, it might be decent.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom