Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

The RPG Mod Repository

...and have some ratings (*, **, ***, Codex Approved (lawl)) or completion status next to them?

Only then will it be complete and stickied and Jaime Lannister can be made part of the Codex Mod Squad.

Brother None

inXile Entertainment
Developer
Re: The Mod Squad Thread

Jaime Lannister said:
Whole point of this thread is to collect a huge repository of mods for RPGs. If you recommend a COMPLETED mod in your reply, I'll add it to the OP.

NMA's list of Fallout 1/2 recommended patches/mods:

Fallout 1
Fallout 1 Children Patch
Fallout Patch 1.3.3 ENG TeamX
Fallout1 Resolution Patch v1.2
Fallout NPC Mod v3.3 English version
Fallout Update Mod v1.2.5 english version
Timeslip Fallout engine tweaks for Windows 2000/XP/Vista

Fallout 2
Fallout 2 Childrens Patch
Fallout2 Resolution Patch v1.8b
Killap's Unofficial Fallout 2 Patch (US/UK - installer)
Fallout 2 Restoration Project Installer Version
MIB88 MegaMod 2.33
Timeslip Fallout 2 engine tweaks for Windows 2000/XP/Vista

Also, for F3:
Item description mod adds back descriptions for items in Fallout 3.

Links broken now because the forum system is kaput, but they'll be back later

Deleted member 7219

The killable children mod in action (screens taken by myself, maximum settings on 1680x1050. The bloom is being caused by my Pipboy light)

ScreenShot0.jpg

ScreenShot1.jpg

Delirious Nomad

Scholar
Fallout Tactics: Awaken
has the nice FFT engine, but uses F/F2 interface and has sidequests and is non linear to some degree. For me it's the unofficial real Fallout 3.

deranged

Cipher
Baldur's Gate 1:
The Fields of the Dead.

Highly reccomended P&P mod, turns the first BG into a really challenging and interesting experience. Most traps and special items have been relocated, new spells have been added, magic has become MUCH more expensive (including potions and scrolls) and so on... Not compatible with EasyTUTU though so no NPC interactions and nice mods from G3, but this mod is definetely worth playing on its own. I recently finished it and encountered no bug that I can remember of so I would say it is also very stable in its current release...

Jonas

Campfire Cabal
Developer
Assuming I'm allowed to recommend my own mod, it might be an idea to add The Nameless Mod to the list of Deus Ex mods:
http://thenamelessmod.com/

There's some fairly positive discussion of it here if my own recommendation is disqualified:
http://rpgcodex.net/phpBB/viewtopic.php?p=730694#730694

I also heartily recommends ZODIAC for the same game:
http://www.planetdeusex.com/zodiac/

And finally I've been playing Maugeter recently, for Neverwinter Nights, and it seems really good. And really big:
http://nwvault.ign.com/View.php?view=Mo ... il&id=5364
It's quite the low fantasy, high magic open-ended thing.

Magick Restoration Pack v100306

The Magick Restoration Pack restores spells that did not make it to the final cut of the game. The spells have their own animations, which have also been restored. For example, here is the animation for one of the new spells, 'Repel Flames':

4a80ffc57a814b7db3bc3467e7141bc9.gif

Here is the main thread for the MRP on Terra Arcanum. It contains more information, screenshots, and discussion. Make sure to check here in case a newer version has been released.

Mirrors:

RapidShare --- MEGAUPLOAD

btw, the Unofficial patch and Extra pack have been combined into one. they are no longer separate files.

also, mention that my mods are 100% compatible with drogs patch

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom