Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

The Random Adventure Game News Thread

Jaesun

Fabulous Ex-Moderator
Patron
MCA
I thought Amnesia was ok. I honestly MUCH more prefer the Penumbra series instead. I REALLY wish they would go back to that. ;_;

Darth Roxor

Royal Dongsmith
Staff Member
Amnesia was good.

Dear Esther, from what I've heard, was a stinking pile of garbage and very much all that is wrong with today's games.

ABANDON ALL HOPE.

MapMan

Arcane
I had to post it somewhere so I'm going to post it here:

unsjS.png

Elwro

Arcane
Divinity: Original Sin Wasteland 2
Why did Frictional hand Amnesia over to someone else? Do they have a great new project of their own or what?

kaizoku

Arcane
I had to post it somewhere so I'm going to post it here:

unsjS.png
what is that?

Amnesia was good.

Dear Esther, from what I've heard, was a stinking pile of garbage and very much all that is wrong with today's games.

ABANDON ALL HOPE.
I haven't played it, but from what I heard it wasn't really a game. It was more of an interactive story, whose strong points where the exploration and the writing.

Crooked Bee

(no longer) a wide-wandering bee
Patron
Codex 2013 Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire MCA Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
Wadjet Eye Games have just published a new adventure game, Da New Guys: Day of the Jackass.

"Ladies and Gentlemen, we are witnessing the impossible..."

Brain - the worst brawler in the history of the Wrestle Zone - has won the title belt! Not even his team-mates Simon and Defender can believe it. But when Brain gets kidnapped (along with the belt), it's up to them to get him back.

Street-fights, car chases, and obssessed fans all stand in the way of Brain's rescue. But as the reluctant heroes find themselves descending ever deeper into the city's darkest corner, they learn that their problems are only just beginning...

"The game looks, sounds, and plays like a lost classic from the golden age of adventure games." -Gamespot

"A classic point-and-clicker with a hearty helping of dry British wit." -Adrenaline Vault​

Official page: http://www.wadjeteyegames.com/da-new-guys.html

Darth Roxor

Royal Dongsmith
Staff Member
Dave Gilbert of Wadjet Eye Games, the man behind The Shivah and the Blackwell series, has just released his new adventure game, Da New Guys: Day of the Jackass.

Da New Guys is not Dave Gilbert's. The game is 'published' by Wadjet Eye, but it's done by a whole different dude.

Also, judging by the demo, it's kind of crap.

Sceptic

Arcane
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin
30 hours left to find out :bounce:

If it's not GK but as good or better than Gray Matter then I'm a customer.

abnaxus

Arcane
Patron
According to adventuregamers.com, the news is a Kickstarter for 3 games ($300,000) and there's a vote for which game they will make first (but they WILL make all 3).

The choice is between Moebius, Gray Matter 2 and something called Anglophile Adventure.

Jaesun

Fabulous Ex-Moderator
Patron
MCA
According to adventuregamers.com, the news is a Kickstarter for 3 games ($300,000) and there's a vote for which game they will make first (but they WILL make all 3).

The choice is between Moebius, Gray Matter 2 and something called Anglophile Adventure.

Do you have a link?

Self-Ejected

Jack

█▓▒░
Patron
Insert Title Here
Source:
http://www.adventure-treff.de/kommentar.php?newsid=5738

Translation:

On 1 April announced Gabriel Knight author Jane Jensen for this Wednesday a big news on the side PinkertonRoad.com (we reported). Meanwhile, inter alia Our readers Crow by browsing the source code of the web not yet been identified actually published page:

Jane Jensen founded her own studio with Pinkerton Road. Her husband, composer Robert Holmes is also on board. Basic concept of the studio are so-called "Community Supported Games" (CSG): The community itself can decide which games are to be developed. Currently, the title of this Moebius, Gray Matter 2 and Anglophile Adventure are available. Already in the spring, the couple announced the publication of an interactive children's book called Lola and Lucy's Big Adventure.

In order to be able to start Jane will also set up a campaign kick-starter and try to collect $ 300,000. Everyone who participates will, into a sort of "subscriber" of the CSG approach of Pinkerton Road and a say in the development.

Still the information is not on the home page of Pinkerton Road to read the hidden underside and the press release available leave little doubt more.

Aeschylus

Swindler
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Wasteland 2 Divinity: Original Sin 2
For those following the countdown, it should be noted that whatever idiot programmed the counter keyed it to your computer's time and date rather than in whatever timezone it is relevant to. So, the announcement will happen at 10AM wherever they are (probably somewhere in the US).

Sceptic

Arcane
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin
That announcement IS dated April 1st... :hmmm:

Ah well. We'll find out tomorrow what this is about.

Jaesun

Fabulous Ex-Moderator
Patron
MCA
http://www.kickstarter.com/projects...rton-road-2012-2013-csg?ref=recently_launched

Who or What is Pinkerton Road?

Pinkerton Road is the new game studio started by game veterans Jane Jensen and Robert Holmes. Our focus is 3rd person adventure games for PC and tablet with rich stories, gorgeous art and seamlessly fun play. The studio will use a new model, "Community Supported Gaming" (CSG) to fund and develop their games.

Jane is known for games with complex, dark plotlines ala Dan Brown. She created the Gabriel Knight adventure game series at Sierra On-Line and the recent Gray Matter. And in the past eight years, she designed and directed leading casual games including Women’s Murder Club, Dying for Daylight and Deadtime Stories at Oberon Media/I-Play Studio. Now she's returning to her roots and founding an adventure game studio. Robert, Jane's husband, produced GK1 and has written music for many of Jane’s games. His endlessly hip band, The Scarlet Furies, did the toe-tapping themes in Gray Matter and Dying for Daylight.

The Pinkerton Road studio is located on a remote outpost of gamedom -- Jane and Robert's farm in Lancaster County, PA.

Our CSG will work in a similar way. Sign up as a Pinkerton Road CSG member, and you'll get all of the awesome games we produce for one year*. The CSG model will help our studio survive financially so that we can make the kinds of games that YOU and WE want to play (not what some big publisher’s marketing department has decided will be the next big hit).

If we meet our Kickstarter goal the season will include:
* Lola and Lucy’s Big Adventure (a kid’s e-book/game written by Jane that we’ve funded ourselves as a bootstrap studio project. It’s nearly finished and will be released Summer 2012.)
* An all new original adventure game by Jane in the vein of Gabriel Knight and Gray Matter (no pun intended) on PC download, due approximately Mar 2013.

If we raise $600K or more the season will ALSO include:
* A second Jane Jensen adventure game on PC download, due approximately June 2013. We have a white board full of concepts that have been crawling around in Jane’s brain for years. Or it might be another of the 3 concepts below -- if it gets enough of your votes.

Crooked Bee

(no longer) a wide-wandering bee
Patron
Codex 2013 Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire MCA Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
Donated and posted news of this in the SA Kickstarter thread. Isn't as big as Shadowrun, but fingers crosed!

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom