Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

The Random Adventure Game News Thread

DEAD CYBORG ep 1 released!

http://deadcyborg.com/

Sci-fi adventure, free to play(pay if you like), here's the trailer http://www.gametrailers.com/video/launc ... org/718949

SCREENS

dead%20cyborg-thumb-478x268-1168.jpg

deadcyborg_miscimages_06.jpg

EDIT
First post! Hi Codex!

MapMan

Arcane
I'm just dropping by to say that I'm playing that A New Beginning game and it's really solid. :thumbsup:

deus101

Never LET ME into a tattoo parlor!
Project: Eternity Wasteland 2
At chapter seven now, and this is a phenomenal adventure game.

abnaxus

Arcane
Patron
There's a Secret Files 3 in the making, I had no idea about this until recently.

I kinda enjoyed the first two games, so I'm looking forward to it.[/url]

MapMan

Arcane
Is the guy making it polish? There's a polish sign "Nie dotykać urządzenie elektryczne" :) Or is it just a coincidence?

Koplin

Educated
MapMan said:
Is the guy making it polish? There's a polish sign "Nie dotykać urządzenie elektryczne" :) Or is it just a coincidence?

AFAIK, its a South African production...
I quite like the signage in other languages tho. Hell, I bet only half the shit in my apartment has warnings in English.

Jaesun

Fabulous Ex-Moderator
Patron
MCA
http://www.gog.com/en/news/milestone_ac ... r_everyone

Broken Sword Directors Cut now FREE on GOG.

The Director's Cut includes an additional chapter of the story, seen from Nico's perspective and exclusively on GOG, an original version of Broken Sword: Shadow of the Templars a.k.a. Broken Sword: Circle of Blood

Unfortunately it features the Directors Cut (which I vaguely recall one poster here mentioning all the fucking shit changes the Directors Cut changed).

But FREE is FREE.

lightbane

Arcane
So what's so bad about BS' Director cut edition? What changes are made? I know one of these is an extra chapter where Nico is playable. Anything else?

Jaesun

Fabulous Ex-Moderator
Patron
MCA
Unkillable Cat said:
More news of the Leisure Suit Larry re-release: It's an HD affair.

http://www.joystiq.com/2011/10/10/leisu ... next-year/

They even make a joke about LSL4, so at least they have the minimum level of understanding needed.

Hope they can fix LSL5 in the process, as it's easily the crappiest game in the series.

I wonder if they will keep the "hard-core" difficulty of the originals?

Koplin

Educated
I could never get my head around the way the dialogue 'portraits' worked in Alpha Polaris. Still for $9.95 its a pretty decent weekend of entertainment.

Jaesun

Fabulous Ex-Moderator
Patron
MCA
http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/pos ... d-thriller

Hello everyone,

We have announced our collaboration with Jane Jensen, Cognition: An Erica Reed Mystery.

We are very happy with the direction we are taking it, and hopefully, it'll be somehow reminiscent of the incredible masterpiece that is Gabriel Knight: Sins of the Fathers, in its graphic style as well as paranormal and thrilling story.

Phoenix Online Studios first came together almost ten years ago as a group of adventure game fans who wanted to recapture and recreate the magic of the games we played when we were kids. Since that time, it's been our passion and labor of love to create our freeware King's Quest fangame, The Silver Lining, and now we're taking the next big step! What has long seemed like an intangible pipe dream is, after years of hard work and dedication, finally within our reach. We've partnered with Khaeon Gamestudio, and will be working Jane Jensen as our Story Consultant--truly, an indie dream team!--to bring you our first commercial game Cognition: An Erica Reed Thriller.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom