Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

The Rageaholic

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
He reminds me of a less manchild version of Spoony, personally. They're even both wrestling fans and both are from Arizona.

Azalin

Arcane
Patron
Looks like Matt BartonJ_C crossed with the Angry Video Game Nerd.
Fixed

As I said in the bioware thread I never knew him before but his reviews seem to be good despite a few misfires so I will probably follow him from now on

Also

hoopy

Savant
I watched a bunch of his videos. He's trying too hard to be AVGN, and that shtick is completely played out now (even Rolfe himself has toned it down). Every other sentence is some really labored metaphor explaining why something is shit. Punctuating every single word with an image or video clip doesn't win him any more points for originality, and the subpar technical quality doesn't help either.

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
I watched a bunch of his videos. He's trying too hard to be AVGN, and that shtick is completely played out now (even Rolfe himself has toned it down). Every other sentence is some really labored metaphor explaining why something is shit. Punctuating every single word with an image or video clip doesn't win him any more points for originality, and the subpar technical quality doesn't help either.

Rolfe has "toned down" to the point that he no longer makes videos at all.

mahdi

Liturgist

Rolfe has "toned down" to the point that he no longer makes videos at all.

Word on the street is that he hasn't been making new videos because he's working on the AVGN movie. Check it out.

edit: ninja hoopy

Cowboy Moment

Arcane
He has a bunch of derp ideas, as seen in his DA1 review and Silent Hill series retrospective. However, his favourite game of all time is Thief 2, which makes him a true bro in my book. Wouldn't be surprised if he has an old Codex account.

Phelot

Arcane
Guys back in the day Mass Effect had standards with their boobs!! Dammit it used to be about the story, now it's all ass and boobs!!!

Oriebam

Formerly M4AE1BR0-something
:salute:
this bro fights the good fight with his words
I watched a bunch of his videos. He's trying too hard to be AVGN
I dunno, from the ones posted here his shit's p. tame, and he even makes fun of "the irate gamer"

He's usually unfunny, but asking him to be funny all the time is too much

the "punctuation" is kind of bad, yes, but what are the alternatives? what comes to my mind is gameplay footage, and again that may be too much

more codexian videojogo jornalistas are always good

youtube response to something said:
Never ceases to amaze me, how people fixate on my beautiful appearance or use of profanity rather than anything qualitative. It's 2011. The f-word isn't new, and this isn't Sunday School. I'll speak how I like.
You watch reviews made by mendacious hacks with crew cuts, polo shirts and no personal identity, and guess what? You get a review with a directly proportionate amount of honesty and personal identity.

now, you might notice some bullshit on this quote his videos, but this kind of thing is still definite :incline:

Sul

Savant
I approve of him, you are cleared to dispatch the Codexian assimilation drones. :obviously:
What? He loved Oblivion and Fallout 3. It's not like a prerequisite to hate at least one of those games if you want to be a Codexer? o_O

TripJack

Hedonist
based on that skyrim review i have concluded that he a dumb piece of shit and that his reviews are worthless

he even admitted to enjoying fallout 3 and used oblivion as a positive example of something oh and claimed that skyrim is not i repeat not a fucking bad game

:retarded: and you jackasses are praising this guy

Stinger

Arcane
Dumbasses. This is the guy who said Fallout New Vegas does nothing new and is just a rehash of the great Fallout 3 but is instead filled with a billion bugs.

Dr.Faust

Liturgist
He has some good videos, but I can't stand how he just mangles those metaphors and comparisons in without giving any thought to "does this actually make any lick of sense?"
It's even worse when it's a reference to classic literature and you just feel like he's namedropping to seem intelligent.

Though, obviously the worst offense is that he liked Oblivion.

attackfighter

Magister
bashing DA2 is pretty mainstream, everyone except BSN and payed journalists are doing it

you can always tell they're retards jumping on the bandwagon when they say that DA1 was awesome, which they always do

this guy's no different - just some wannabe cool nerd guy who doesn't even know what he doesn't even know (and what little he thinks he knows is all a lie)

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Yes, he fell in love with DA:O's relative incline. Fuck, so did I, and apparently many others on the Codex. That just makes his disappointment and rage more fun to watch.

Actually, this recent Great Bioware Backlash is probably driven to a large degree by people who are mad at Bioware for abandoning the design philosophies behind the first Dragon Age.

A user named cat

I watched his Silent Hill Retrospective, bathroom mic quality and all, and understood clearly how shitty his taste was when he proclaimed The Room to be his favorite in the series. Why was it his favorite, you ask? Because it was different, and stuff. He couldn't understand the hate it received outside of the horrid inventory system -- not even mentioning the endless backtracking, god-mode ghosts, drab visuals and complete lack of SILENT HILL itself.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom