Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Prosper The Pokemon Experiment - 50,000 monkeys randomly bashing the keyboard

MicoSelva

backlog digger
Patron
Codex 2012 Codex 2013 Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Enjoy the Revolution! Another revolution around the sun that is. Serpent in the Staglands Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Divinity: Original Sin 2 Bubbles In Memoria A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I helped put crap in Monomyth
I'm not sure I will be following Emerald, because I have not finished it yet. We'll see.

Shame that in Emerald the beauty contests are held only in one town. In Ruby / Sapphire every town has a contest hall, which would make it more likely for them to participate in one.

Am I kawaii? Uguuuuuuuuu~

tumblr_m5b2ewZxAB1r84emlo1_500.gif

Kaldurenik

Arcane
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin
What are they doing? checked the stream... Some cat. and then i went back to stream a while later and still a cat and it have not moved.

Duraframe300

Arcane
It started again, btw. 4 days ago. Didn't even realize.

Edit: And they released their starter.

MicoSelva

backlog digger
Patron
Codex 2012 Codex 2013 Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Enjoy the Revolution! Another revolution around the sun that is. Serpent in the Staglands Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Divinity: Original Sin 2 Bubbles In Memoria A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I helped put crap in Monomyth
I'm more or less following this, but it is obvious that the idea has lost its freshness. It seems that there are around 3000 to 5000 people devoted enough to keep this thing alive for quite long and the streamer has declared that he will conitnue even with as few as 100 viewers. FireRed is up next, when they finish Emerald.

Duraframe300

Arcane
And Elite 4 again. They made it to Drake.

IIRC Emerald had a different Elite 4 than Ruby/Sapphire right?

Not quite (apart from different team lineups), only the champion is different. It's the guy that used to be the last gym leader. Former champion can still be fought somewhere else.

Ruby/Sapphire/Emerald is quite popular among the younger crowd, being their first pogeymans game. I'm planning to watch this playthrough's highlights. Shame they aren't doing the battle towers, they have some ridiculous shit like level scaled Entei that would be quite fun to watch.

Duraframe300

Arcane
They have 5 hours left to beat the Eliite 4 before the Stream switches to FireRed.

Wonder if they'll make it.

deuxhero

Arcane
Ruby/Sapphire/Emerald is quite popular among the younger crowd, being their first pogeymans game.

They're OK, but yeah, people are WAY too dedicated to it, likely for the reason you give. It's biggest flaws are the water routes, the linearity, limited Pokedex (not nearly as bad as DP though) and that's a pretty ugly game (GBA had plenty of games with great spritework that the graphics being basically just being bigger GBC ones with more color is very obvious). The font in RS doesn't help), but I can't call it the worst by any means because DP took every one of those mistakes and multiplied it (well with Mt. Coronet instead of water, plus the game was unplayablly slow) and RGBY is just broken on so many level.

My favorite is Crystal for the variety of Pokemon you can get in the early game (no nationaldex bullshit) and use the entire game without gimping yourself, side content, naturally flavorful region (over the gimmick towns of latter gens) and above all giving the horribly flawed gen 1 the polish it needed. If it weren't for the blatantly linearity and crappy "rivals", BW2 and gen 6 would be be my favorites.

Duraframe300

Arcane
And he didn't go through with it.

witchplayspokemon: so it looks like I overestimated everyone's ability to finish Pokemon Emerald, the time limit was never intended as a hard limit, I'm going to to add a few days, sorry to everyone who tuned in for Fire Red, please come back in a few days

He should have totally done it. Butthurt would have been glorious. And imo would have been more valuable from a social experiment view. Though at least he didn't say it before, so he got people reacting regarding the deadline anyway.

Duraframe300

Arcane
Looks like they actually needed the couple more days. :lol:

Wonder if they'll run the dedline again.

MicoSelva

backlog digger
Patron
This is already at the end of Emerald? I kind of stopped following when they went beyond the point I've reached myself (around half of the game). This went rather fast.

Duraframe300

Arcane
This is already at the end of Emerald? I kind of stopped following when they went beyond the point I've reached myself (around half of the game). This went rather fast.

They've been here a while. The Emerald E4 has been by faaaaaaaaaaaaaaaar the most demanding yet.

Edit: Actually they've been here for a week.

:cmcc:

Then again, the AI is more competent this time around so they can't rely too much on the enemy fucking up as much as they do...Azumarill can carry the team for a while with Rollout (fully charged, it will one-hit almost everything that doesn't resist it), but he's not an outright monstrosity like Lazorgator or Zapdos.

Fire Red starts in 11 hours.

edit: LULZ Wallace used a full restore just as Gyarados was almost going down. The fucking thing has two Dragon-Dances set up now, which means his speed and attack are doubled. And that STILL wasn't enough to KO Tentacruel with a super effective earthquake, which is now in the red with 21 HP out of 262. What a baws.

edit2: aaaaaaand a second earthquake kills Tentacruel, and a Surf floods the room one-hitting Graveler. GG

(the fact those battles take place in a small room is really amazing...)

edit3: they got through the first of the E4 in like a minute this time. Lookin' good.

edit4: whoa, 2nd one down in the time it took me to get a cup of coffee. And the 3rd team got all one-hitted by Hariyama in roughly a minute as well. They're not screwing around anymore, it takes longer to get through the doors than to beat the E4. They're at the last one now, only with one casualty (doge), and Azumarill has a minor booboo.

Last edited:

Duraframe300

Arcane
edit4: whoa, 2nd one down in the time it took me to get a cup of coffee. And the 3rd team got all one-hitted by Hariyama in roughly a minute as well. They're not screwing around anymore, it takes longer to get through the doors than to beat the E4. They're at the last one now, only with one casualty (doge), and Azumarill has a minor booboo.

In the last run everyone survived till Drake IIRC.

Shame that Drake fucked them over (Altaria shredded Hariyama with aerial ace, Flygon fried Vileplume with flamethrower). Turns out Tentacruel's Hidden Power is super effective against Wallace's Tentacruel (water/poison), but doesn't affect Whishcash (ground/water)...which means it's electric-type. Pretty good, if they can keep him alive until the end.

Duraframe300

Arcane
They're doing again a lot worse now, but there's also more viewers now.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom