Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Prosper The Pokemon Experiment - 50,000 monkeys randomly bashing the keyboard

Drax

Arcane
The smart thing would be to capitalize the hype: release all WII U games directly on Twitch.

DragoFireheart

all caps, rainbow colors, SOMETHING.
That whole "if you own a copy of the game you can download the ROM" thing is actually a myth, at least by US copyright law.

But no one is downloading the rom, they're playing it through an emulator embedded on the streaming service. It's different, you see :troll:

No one cares. Twitch doesn't care, Nintendo doesn't care, and the 50,000 monkeys don't care.

Everyone is getting attention and that's all that really matters in the end. It's good business for Twitch, it's good business for Nintendo, and it's entertainment for the monkey's. Everyone wins so why ruin it?

MicoSelva

backlog digger
Patron
Codex 2012 Codex 2013 Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Enjoy the Revolution! Another revolution around the sun that is. Serpent in the Staglands Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Divinity: Original Sin 2 Bubbles In Memoria A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I helped put crap in Monomyth
Legal issues aside, it seems that the game is currently stuck on the Elite Four, as the mons are too weak to defeat them and grinding levels takes ages. Occasional Abra teleport trips to New Bark don't help either.

Instead of grinding, they could focus on getting better moves. For example, the Gator still has Scratch when they could have gotten him Ice Punch at Goldenrod. Birdjesus had shitty moves but being Normal/Flying he at least got an attack bonus on them. Nevermind, it was overwritten with Icy Wind, and Rage was overwritten with Whirlpool.

They also left a zubat at the daycare, he must be level 9000 by now. (edit: A Metapod as well. A Ozzy Ozzworm the Butterfree vs All Terrain Dovahkiin battle would be great)

No one cares. Twitch doesn't care, Nintendo doesn't care, and the 50,000 monkeys don't care.

Everyone is getting attention and that's all that really matters in the end. It's good business for Twitch, it's good business for Nintendo, and it's entertainment for the monkey's. Everyone wins so why ruin it?

Nintendo's lawyers care. They have to justify their jobs. :M

AW8

Arcane
Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
BtEClx3.png

Paralyzed and with 6 HP left, General Gator crushed everything the Pokemon League could throw at him.

Last edited:

DragoFireheart

all caps, rainbow colors, SOMETHING.
They still have to do Kanto and beat the Elite 4 again and THEN go fight Red.

MicoSelva

backlog digger
Patron
Codex 2012 Codex 2013 Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Enjoy the Revolution! Another revolution around the sun that is. Serpent in the Staglands Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Divinity: Original Sin 2 Bubbles In Memoria A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I helped put crap in Monomyth
After six hours of trying to get past another ledge, they arrive at Power Plant after 25 minutes of slow progress in Democracy mode...

...only to Fly back minutes later. :negative:

Xor

Arcane
Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Divinity: Original Sin Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Divinity: Original Sin 2
Wait, I thought Red's team was a pikachu, the gen 1 starters, and I don't remember what else. Pretty sure he didn't have a zapdos, though. Did they use another hacked rom that gave him a different team?

MicoSelva

backlog digger
Patron
Wait, I thought Red's team was a pikachu, the gen 1 starters, and I don't remember what else. Pretty sure he didn't have a zapdos, though. Did they use another hacked rom that gave him a different team?
Apparently he got the team of the protagonist of the Gen 1 TPP (Zapdos, Venomoth, Pidgeot, Omastar, Nidoking and... uh... was it Lapras?)

EDIT: yes, Lapras.

It took a few hours to reach Red inside the pitch black Mount Silver and most of the team was knocked out in the process. They will need to grind hard to have something usable enough by the time they reach him.

Bahamut

Arcane
Heh first fandom art/memes where quite entertaining, now its like some pretenious bullshit and everyone want to add some shittbrick to the wall of memes, internet attention whoring at its finest

thesoup

Arcane
They lose their charm once they're made with something that isn't ms paint or if it takes more than 5 minutes in photoshop.

edit
Also, the gen 1 run was way more nail-bitting exciting and fun, with better memes.

The true ending of Crystal

BUP9LEK.jpg

So are they going to move on to emerald next?

Save Files
  • Pokemon Red: download
  • Pokemon Crystal: to-be-released
  • Pokemon Emerald: to-be-released

:thumbsup:

fake edit: Just noticed, onscreen counter says Emerald starts one week from now.

They're currently playing that Pokémon Diamond hack which is actually Telefang with an horrible translation. :lol:

6:24 Steph_physarum: Oh my god the trippy camera pans

6:26 Doom64hunter: WE HAVE 6 DAYS TO BEAT TELEFANG

Last edited:

Duraframe300

Arcane
Now we're playing CATZ for some reason.

Slow descent into madness with these random games.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom