Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

The perfect modding guide for Oblivion

wyes gull

Savant
You'd need to install it for that. Here's a better oblivion modding guide:

breaking-cd-s-o.gif

Sigourn

uooh afficionado
This is the one RPG that I never, ever, see myself ever playing. I'm much more likely to play Grimoire (once it's ridden of bugs).

Black Angel

Arcane
Anyone can provide us with a guide to modding Oblibion, but is there anyone who can provide us with a guide to roleplay in Oblibion?

Self-Ejected

buru5

Very Grumpy Dragon
Patron
This is the list I used last time I played (about 6 months ago).

K1vY03k.jpg

Ended up turning off Natural Weather because it's garbage. Would cycle through all the weathers every few seconds when outdoors. Was very strange.

Instead of Overhaul mods (never liked then), I used a +5 modifier mod that gives you +5 boost to stats every level if you raised a skill in the respective stat. Works fine at preventing the level creep problem Oblivion has.

mbv123

Arbiter

K1vY03k.jpg

Ended up turning off Natural Weather because it's garbage. Would cycle through all the weathers every few seconds when outdoors. Was very strange.

Instead of Overhaul mods (never liked then), I used a +5 modifier mod that gives you +5 boost to stats every level if you raised a skill in the respective stat. Works fine at preventing the level creep problem Oblivion has.
Oblivion is garbage and the fact that you need to install gazillion mods just to make it somewhat playable proves it

Self-Ejected

buru5

Very Grumpy Dragon
Patron

K1vY03k.jpg

Oblivion is garbage and the fact that you need to install gazillion mods just to make it somewhat playable proves it

You don't need to install a gazillion mods to make it playable retart

Self-Ejected

buru5

Very Grumpy Dragon
Patron
What a retort.

I'm sorry my retort doesn't satisfy you, catman. But go ahead and put an Oblivion disc in your computer (or pirate it whatever), install it and start playing. Perfectly playable. Will you like it? Idfk. But you'll be playing it.

Daemongar

Arcane
Codex Year of the Donut
What a retort.

I'm sorry my retort doesn't satisfy you, catman. But go ahead and put an Oblivion disc in your computer (or pirate it whatever), install it and start playing. Perfectly playable. Will you like it? Idfk. But you'll be playing it.
Look, everyone here has played Oblvion at least 7 times, so I think people know just how unplayable it is.

Self-Ejected

buru5

Very Grumpy Dragon
Patron
What a retort.

Look, everyone here has played Oblvion at least 7 times, so I think people know just how unplayable it is.

If the game is unplayable for you then you seriously need to consider upgrading your PC. 1gb of ram and a gfx card from 2003 just doesn't cut it anymore unfortunately.

Daemongar

Arcane
Codex Year of the Donut
If the game is unplayable for you then you seriously need to consider upgrading your PC. 1gb of ram and a gfx card from 2003 just doesn't cut it anymore unfortunately.
What are you smoking? Right here, baby, I googled this:

Oblivion system requirements:
  • Windows XP 64-bit, Windows XP, Windows Vista, Windows 7 - I have XP (boom!)
  • 2 GHz Intel Pentium 4 or equivalent processor (Pentium 4 - I have a Pentium 5 I think! Boom!)
  • 512 MB System RAM (I have 768 MB, waaaaay more than required!)
  • 4.6 GB free hard disk space (Not sure what this is. I have 768 MB! (see above!)
  • 128 MB Direct3D compatible video card and DirectX 9.0 compatible driver; (Probably covered in the 768 MB!!)
  • 8x DVD-ROM drive (52x baby! Waaayyyy faster!)
  • DirectX 9.0c (included) (yes!)
  • DirectX 8.1 compatible sound card (yes!)
  • Keyboard, Mouse (I have keyboard, mouse, AND a trackball!)
Totally doesn't run on my system, even after I replaced the little textures with bigger textures to save space. Thinking on upgrading to Windows 10, maybe this will fix it, but look at how they don't even bother making their crappy game compatible with the most common OS in use.

Self-Ejected

buru5

Very Grumpy Dragon
Patron
Are you using the HD nude texture mod?

Post your crash report I'll notify Todd immediately. This shouldn't be happening.

DraQ

Arcane
If you can't avoid playing Oblivion and total conversion isn't an option, get yourself a lot of booze, good scaling remover and make a beeline for the expansion content as soon as you exit the sewers.
This isn't guaranteed to prevent physical brain damage and deep psychological trauma, but should reduce it enough to leave you in a fairly high-functioning state.

Makabb

Arcane
Shitposter Bethestard
To enjoy Oblivion all you need is 4 extra small mods compared to normal ones

Realistic leveling
Oblivion scaling unclusterfucked
Vanilla combat enhanced
Magic balanced (by the same guy from vanilla combat enhanced)

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom