Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Decline The Order: 1886, the new 5 hour movie from Ready at Dawn Studios

Luzur

Good Sir
:lol: this is hilarious. I have a friend who was waiting for this game for the ps4 like it was the best thing evar. I'm gonna bust bust his balls over this and his stupid decision to buy the console so early. I told him to wait at least one year, but no, he just had to buy it. Now all he plays is PES2014 with super PS4 graphix :lol:

i dunno about "super PS4 graphics", when i played Evil Within with my bud i noticed alot of flat textures, texture flickering, blurry stuff on message boards and even the classic "managed to get behind a rock and notice its hollow beneth" stuff.

CyberWhale

Arcane
Glory to Ukraine
And he is also counting on his friend being a rational person. People on certain sites are still defending this game and are shocked that this kind of masterpiece could get anything below 9. :lol:
One more thing - I'm actually really sad that this kind of visuals were wasted on a such a shit "game". Why wouldn't they use their talents on developing a New Vegas like sequel of Arcanum.

:negative:

Direwolf

Arcane
You would think that graphics are not shit, but then you watch a walk through and see a mirror with no reflections in it and notice that lighting is not dynamic either and just laugh at how shitty it actually is.

Avellion

Erudite
Retards like HipHopGamer need to be exposed. So they can be laughed and mocked at.

At least the port wasn't all that bad.

DraQ

Arcane
Q: Can I remove the black bars on screen?
A: No. The Order: 1886 is presented in a 2.40:1 aspect ratio, a popular standard for feature-length films. Most modern TVs and monitors use a 16:9 (1.77:1) aspect ratio which is not wide enough to accommodate the game's display area, so the display width is changed to fit the width of your monitor while maintaining the aspect ratio, and the space not used by the monitor is blank (known in film as letterboxing). Removing the black bars is impossible as there is nothing 'behind' them.
Someone cannot into understanding rendering technology.

Q: Can I skip the cutscenes?
A: No. One of the goals of The Order: 1886 is to blur the distinction between cutscenes and gameplay. Both are blended together and therefore cannot be skipped.
You know what? There was a game once that pretty much tried this and actually succeeded.
By going in completely opposite direction.
It was called "Half-Life".
+M
Q: And crucially, vitally, absolutely most importantly, how long is the game?
A: As long as it takes you to finish it.
If you stare at walls for, say, 25h, you can manage 30h playthrough.

Last edited:

Black

Arcane
In the history of time, there was never "hip-hop" anything that was worth anything AT ALL.

Kem0sabe

Arcane
A: No. The Order: 1886 is presented in a 2.40:1 aspect ratio, a popular standard for feature-length films. Most modern TVs and monitors use a 16:9 (1.77:1) aspect ratio which is not wide enough to accommodate the game's display area, so the display width is changed to fit the width of your monitor while maintaining the aspect ratio, and the space not used by the monitor is blank (known in film as letterboxing). Removing the black bars is impossible as there is nothing 'behind' them.

A: No. One of the goals of The Order: 1886 is to blur the distinction between cutscenes and gameplay. Both are blended together and therefore cannot be skipped.
You know what? There was a game once that pretty much tried this and actually succeeded.
M+

Neogaf is full of industry pandering newfags who couldnt care less about something as old as half life.

DraQ

Arcane

M+

Neogaf is full of industry pandering newfags who couldnt care less about something as old as half life.
There was also a game that tried to do this the way it's done by modern cinematic shooters.
It was called Assassin 2015.

It was... less successful.

Last edited:

DraQ

Arcane

I don't either, do you mean you can simply render the game without the bars?
Which of the following is true:
[ ] A 3D video game dynamically renders its frames based on 3D scene consisting of entire immediate gameplay context, so removing black bars would only be a matter of rendering over entire screen space.
[ ] A 3D video game is a predefined sequence of images like a movie (that's why it goes on DVD), and like a movie, the question of what's behind the black bars is meaningless, because there is no image there.
?

Note:
The Order: 1886 makes this question appear trickier than it really is.
:M

J_C

One Bit Studio
Patron
Developer
Project: Eternity Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath

+M
Jesus fucking Christ, I can't believe someone had the audacity to give those answers. Forced letterboxes. Unskippable cutscenes. And they think that this game is a movie?

Holy shit, that magazine might be on par with "PROTIP: TO DEFEAT THE CYBERDEMON, SHOOT AT IT UNTIL IT DIES" :lol: :lol:

Actually it can be the protip to end all protips. "To win the videogame, press the correct button at the right time"

Unless it's a jprg. :M

Last edited:

Angthoron

Arcane
Seamlessly integrated cutscenes only cause confusion and frustration over uncertainty whether or not the game accepts/expects input at any given moment.
You mean designers are preparing gamers to interact with women?

Bradylama

Arcane
Retards like HipHopGamer need to be exposed. So they can be laughed and mocked at.

At least the port wasn't all that bad.

This guy must be some kind of BET-like Whitey plant designed to encourage black people to waste more money on useless shit, except in this case it's video games instead of rims & bling.

I feel like Rowdy Roddy Piper putting on the shades.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom