Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Decline The Order: 1886, the new 5 hour movie from Ready at Dawn Studios

omega21

Arcane
If the protagonist was a closeted homosexual who outs himself, it'd be a 10/10 game.

It may well happen in the Order 1888, just you wait. Also the werewolves will become all gay of course.

I'm not trying to defend this piece of shit but all these harsh reviews are total bullshit.[...]

Why would they all choose this game to shit on, though? The cheques bounced? It would make more sense if this was an eastern euro indie game no one cared about. It's not like they need a scapegoat, anyway. The public is perfectly happy to swallow 10/10s over and over, no need to spice the soup with a few zeros.

AstroZombie

Arcane
Divinity: Original Sin
xKw1AuD.png

:lol::lol:

GrainWetski

Arcane
I'm not trying to defend this piece of shit but all these harsh reviews are total bullshit.[...]

Why would they all choose this game to shit on, though? The cheques bounced? It would make more sense if this was an eastern euro indie game no one cared about. It's not like they need a scapegoat, anyway. The public is perfectly happy to swallow 10/10s over and over, no need to spice the soup with a few zeros.

Maybe Microsoft is butthurt their console is a failure?

Black

Arcane
It's true, the joy of being right is that it usually means someone is wrong. There's no joy if everyone agrees.

Machocruz

Arcane
Typical platform wars and graphic/AAA whoring in the comments section of that hilarious Youtube troll video. That's your consoletard audience in a nutshell, that's what they care about. They still believe AAA = best. I find it funny that they think PC gamers should be mad that, according to them, there aren't many promising AAA exclusives coming to PC. They don't even know the enemy. They don't know that most would not trade Darkest Dungeon (best game of 2015 so far, imo) for 95% of the big budget games that will come out this year. The best AAA game, which will be MGSV, will be on PC anyway.

Perkel

Arcane
Typical platform wars and graphic/AAA whoring in the comments section of that hilarious Youtube troll video. That's your consoletard audience in a nutshell, that's what they care about. They still believe AAA = best. I find it funny that they think PC gamers should be mad that, according to them, there aren't many promising AAA exclusives coming to PC. They don't even know the enemy. They don't know that most would not trade Darkest Dungeon (best game of 2015 so far, imo) for 95% of the big budget games that will come out this year. The best AAA game, which will be MGSV, will be on PC anyway.

They should be thankful that they don't need to wait for Opun Magnum of AAAA gaming.
Grimoire wait is killing me. Tomorrow it will be the great day at level comparable to big bang

CreamyBlood

Arcane
I'm not trying to defend this piece of shit but all these harsh reviews are total bullshit. Those are the very same sites and magazines that threw 9/10s, 10/10s and 11/10s at every single "cinematic experience" of the last generation, a trend that was as bad or even worse than the FMV craze of the 90s. They create a monster that completely ruined the action genre for an entire gen and now they blame this one for small length and few gameplay bits.

What a sad scapegoat this game is, I almost feel bad for the devs because if this was a Naughty Dog game it'd have tons of reviews saying this is the first killer app of the newershit.

I don't believe there's a media worse than game journalism anywhere in the world and in any field of any sort.

Yeah, I don't get it either. I've watched a few small snippets of the game play but don't these gamers and reviewers just *love* cinematic, easy as shit TPS's with QTE's and awesome graphics and crap stories? Oh, and seven hours is more than five. Aren't most shit console games under ten hours anyways and even that is an issue now?

Suddenly they're giving a game scores below 8?

But the next game that comes up and is exactly the same caca as before is going to get 9's and 10's. It's like they all went schizophrenic for a moment from my view. I'm sure they'll praise more shit that's indistinguishable from this in a month or two or maybe tomorrow.

Black

Arcane
I'm not trying to defend this piece of shit but all these harsh reviews are total bullshit. Those are the very same sites and magazines that threw 9/10s, 10/10s and 11/10s at every single "cinematic experience" of the last generation, a trend that was as bad or even worse than the FMV craze of the 90s. They create a monster that completely ruined the action genre for an entire gen and now they blame this one for small length and few gameplay bits.

What a sad scapegoat this game is, I almost feel bad for the devs because if this was a Naughty Dog game it'd have tons of reviews saying this is the first killer app of the newershit.

I don't believe there's a media worse than game journalism anywhere in the world and in any field of any sort.
Theory: shit sites trying to up their game because of #gamergate and wanting to look like the good guys.

Jick Magger

Arcane
Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Serpent in the Staglands Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Bubbles In Memoria
Remember Colonial Marines, people? Remember Haze and Lair? These people are only shitting on the game now because they know doing otherwise will expose them for the sycophantic brown-noses they are. They're rats trying to escape the sinking ship.

Shadorwun: Hong Kong
The butthurt my friend have trying to justify his collection edition purchase in light of that youtube video and the reviews is nothing but entertaining. :lol:

"Well, at least I got that cool ass figurine"

:lol:

pippin

The butthurt my friend have trying to justify his collection edition purchase in light of that youtube video and the reviews is nothing but entertaining. :lol:

"Well, at least I got that cool ass figurine"

:lol:

Show him the videos Ashens has made on collectors editions.
It's either hit or miss and when it's past their prime nobody really wants them. Plus most of them have practically the same shit on different colors and sizes: an artbook, sometimes a cheap playing cards deck, a soundtrack, a figurine and a cheap trinket.

Unwanted

CyberP

Unwanted
Theory: shit sites trying to up their game because of #gamergate and wanting to look like the good guys.

I think you meant to say they weren't bribed enough and this serves as a warning for the next publisher.

Gnidrologist

CONDUCTOR

photo.jpg

Gaming expert here,

The plebs in this thread have no idea what they're talking about, and neither does the maker of this video. I'm well known throughout the video game industry so I know what I'm talking about. If I hear any more negative feedback about this game I'll have you banned from /r/gaming (for which I am a moderator). Downvoted and unsubbed.

-Gilded redditor, stage 3 atheist, 148 IQ
9 angry responses and only couple one that detects trolling. Youtube comments is such a wonderful place.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom