Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

The official Double Fine thread (brought to you by J_C)

J_C

One Bit Studio
Patron
Developer
Project: Eternity Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath
So, since I became the unofficial advertising plant for DF on the Codex, I decided to make an official thread for DF, so I don't have to make a new one for every Double Fine project in the future.

And what's the occasion you ask? My dear Sirs, DF annonced their latest project, which is none other, than Psychonauts 2

:troll:Yeah, no. It is this:

I love these guys. It seems these Midnight City guys are like publishers, who specalise in helping indie developers.

Last edited:

Zed

Codex Staff
Patron
Staff Member
Codex USB, 2014
yaya

tell me when they have that spacebace game in 1.0 state or make a proper adventure game

Unkillable Cat

LEST WE FORGET
Patron
Codex 2014 Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy
Oh look, Tim Schaefer left his hat here.

ScumbagSteveHat.png

But all joking aside, Costume Quest was alright, and I can understand that it gets a sequel. It certainly held my attention right through to the end, unlike Stacking.

Metro

Arcane
Beg Auditor
Costume Quest was fun. Will enjoy playing the sequel in October 2015 when it's 75% off.

HanoverF

Arcane
Patron
MCA Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Codex USB, 2014 Divinity: Original Sin 2
October 2014? I look forward to playing the first half early access alpha in February 2015.

SuicideBunny

(ノ ゜Д゜)ノ ︵ ┻━┻
Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Torment: Tides of Numenera
meh. after broken age, i will only buy df games if they come in humble bundles with something that actually interests me.

Eyeball

Arcane
Costume Quest was charming enough, but it would have been bettter as the kind of game Schafer knows how to make. That is, an adventure game.

J_C

One Bit Studio
Patron
Developer
Project: Eternity Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath
It is interesting that CQ2 will be the first sequel DF does.

Trash

Pointing and laughing.
Played around with the latest Alpha of Spacebase DF-9. It's ofcourse extremely rudimentary but has a nice graphical style. The game does remind me more of a Theme Hospital for instance than a Dwarf Fortress in space though. It also feels rather unambitious with very simplistic game design so far, especially when you compare it to earlier Alphas of for instance Prison Architect. Too early to tell I guess.

Massive Chalice has shown way too little to give any opinion on. Still, a little tb brawler with an overworld map combined with cute graphics and some trademark DF humor? Might work out to become a nice little timewaster. Am not expecting a classic.

Broken Age I do want to give a playthrough when it's out in its entirity.

Psychonauts 2? Fuck yeah!

SCO

Arcane
In My Safe Space
Shadorwun: Hong Kong
codexians are so domesticated now that they make megathreads by themselves without mod intervention.

Eyeball

Arcane
Who owns the rights to Full Throttle, by the way? I definitely think an actual sequel could be made for that game, especially if it kept that excellent mid-nineties Lucasarts art style that you also saw in Outlaws. You know, the one that looks a bit Borderlands-y, only better? Because more games in this graphical style would be so goddamned badass. Like this here cutscene: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wb8_MACgvBQ

Art style gushing aside, I think there's still a lot that could be done with the Outlaw Good Guy Biker In A Mad Max Future setting from FT, this time as an actual adventure game instead of the beat-em-up abomination they tried to make in the dying days of Lucasarts creativity.

J_C

One Bit Studio
Patron
Developer
So, Double Fine entered the promotion/publisher business with this platformer. Who would have thought?

J_C

One Bit Studio
Patron
Developer
How do I become Obsidian's unofficial advertising plant?
You defend each and every move of theirs, their every game and every decision with your blood. If somebody badmouthing them, you tell them they are retarded.

Boleskine

Arcane
I still like Double Fine but they've been massively overexposed and gotten too cute for their own good.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom