Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

The Obsidian/MCA Kickstarter game YOU want to see

What are the features YOU want to see in the game? Pick only one per category unless marked w/ *

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
MCA
Pick only one option in any given category.
You can pick multiple options in [2],[3],[8], they are marked with an asterisk ( * ).

Notes:

Traditionally. the difference between RTwP and plain RT is rounds/phases and an ability to pause and issue orders and sometimes, queue actions. Eg. Dungeon Siege 3 is a straight RPGLite action game like Diablo series. You can pause but there is no tactical value to pausing.

MCA
Personally, I want:
Exclusively turn-based
Exclusively isometric
Exclusively point & click
Greater focus on game mechanics / balance / gameplay
Better balanced & more diverse character opportunities
Low fantasy
Ancient / antiquity setting or its analogue
A dystopian setting

Yeah, I know. AoD. LOL

Pelvis Knot

Cipher
Specific design issues aside, I'd like them to make this game not too long, but a base for more expansions/episodic content down the line, provided it's successful enough. I believe the target audience wouldn't mind the same engine for six or seven installments - if Vogel can make it, why not Obsidian.
A modern Gold Box series :love:

Stinger

Arcane
This is Obsidian so I'd rather they play to their strengths and make a game with a strong story, plenty of choices and really good, multipath quest design rather than focus on combat and balancing. Combat that isn't utterly crap with a godawful camera would be nice but ToEE level isn't necessary.

Other stuff would be turn based and isometric.

I don't really care too much about setting, but I would be happy if it wasn't the usual SciFi/Fantasy- I think a contemporary setting would be pretty cool. But again, it's Obsidian so regardless of the setting they'd pull it off.

felipepepe

Codex's Heretic
Patron
Great pool BRO. :bro:

I really hope they manage to do a Isometric Turn-Based game, as that is what the whole Codex wants but can't find anywhere apart from some DS JRPGs and Indie titles. Besides, it will force them to focus less on graphics and more on gameplay & RPG elements.

It's time for the decline to end! :salute:

MCA
The trap worked: We have a couple people who would rather have 1st/3rd person popamole console corridor shooters instead of glorious isometric TB. Time to deport these traitorous faggots.

Captain Shrek

Although I haven't voted yet, I wouldn't mind some FPS games. Don't start a maligning campaign against them.

Roguey

Codex Staff
Staff Member
Sawyerite
What the hell happened to the original topic? I don't like this "threads vanishing completely" business.
Edit: Looks like it was a casualty of an Andhaira purge. Damn it.

Crooked Bee

(no longer) a wide-wandering bee
Patron
Codex 2013 Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire MCA Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
Turn-based (& hopefully party-based!)
Either isometric or first person
Point & click
Focus on deep gameplay (who am I kidding?)
No fantasy
Futuristic dystopian and/or steampunk-ish

*Sigh*

P.S. Truth be told, any non-boring setting will do as long as it's TB and party-based with at least decent gameplay.

Admiral jimbob

gay as all hell
Wasteland 2
I want a game about my fat balls slapping off your stupid chin forever how does that make you feel

alternately cyberpunk JA2 with Hammer and Sickle style branching story and a consistent cast of player-created characters of divergent skillsets ala SoZ except meaningful skill use

I understand this is about as likely as my first suggestion so I reiterate: my fat balls

Carrion

Arcane
Patron
Fallout meets Torment in a sci-fi/cyberpunk environment. Wouldn't mind some sort of a low-fantasy setting either, but I'd really, really like to see an isometric sci-fi RPG. Turn-based combat, diverse character opportunities, lots of non-combat skills, what can change the nature of a replicant etc. MCA is probably one of the few people who could pull it off.

Spectacle

Arcane
Patron
I voted both "[4] Greater focus on writing / story / narrative/ characters " and " [4] Greater focus on game mechanics / gameplay / balance" since I believe in a well-designed RPG those are not opposites, but complement each other.

MCA
Have you learned absolutely nothing from 20+ years of Computer Role-Playing Games? LOL

In hindsight, I forgot to put options between Single PC / PC+Party / Party (no central character). Perhaps the poll could do without the setting options.

felipepepe

Codex's Heretic
Patron
In hindsight, I forgot to put options between Single PC / PC+Party / Party (no central character). Perhaps the poll could do without the setting options.
Yeah, but that's hard to define anyway...both Fallout and Mass Effect would fit "PC+Party", but their focus are completly different...

Zed

Codex Staff
Patron
Staff Member
Codex USB, 2014
I'm not too concerned with setting. Good characters and story make any setting tolerable.

quasimodo

Augur
Very nice poll! TB, ISO, point and click controls. I like good gameplay and deep combat but its Obsidian I don't expect miracles. Anything non-fantasy....Cyberpunk, Sci-Fi, Dystopian all sound great.

I have just one thing to say to any Kickstarter project.....TB or GTFO

Mozgoëbstvo

Learned
Very nice poll! TB, ISO, point and click controls. I like good gameplay and deep combat but its Obsidian I don't expect miracles. Anything non-fantasy....Cyberpunk, Sci-Fi, Dystopian all sound great.

I have just one thing to say to any Kickstarter project.....TB or GTFO

Or even "TB or it doesn't happen"

Father Walker

Potato Ranger
Guys, I fear that you are getting hyped too early on this Obsidian kickstarter project.

Phelot

Arcane
I want someone to make a Warhammer Fantasy RPG!!!

Nice poll, btw.

Jaedar

Arcane
Patron
Project: Eternity Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pathfinder: Kingmaker
Considering how split the feedback was on their forums I doubt they'll go through with it. Especially since a lot of it was asking for AAA quality type game, which would just be impossible to make on a kickstarter budget.

Mangoose

Arcane
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity
Guys, I fear that you are getting hyped too early on this Obsidian kickstarter project.
Sorry, no such thing as getting "too hyped" over a platform that is helping get rid of the publisher middle-man.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom