Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

The NON-Steam Bargain Sale Mega Thread of Savings

DaveO

Erudite
I accidentally bought an extra copy of Silverfall: Earth Awakening on the digital Gamestop site for the summer sale. If anyone wants the copy, I can gift it to them or you can still get Silverfall for $2 and get a free expansion. The summer sale is wrapping up at http://www.gamestop.com/pcgames

Turjan

Arcane
For me, the problem lies in the "prize". I guess I still have spare keys of that game. It's been in too many bundles already. That probably explains why this promotion has been going on for that long.

Fatty

Augur
I assume all you fucktards with XBOX Gold know that Dark Souls is free from today until June 15.

KoolNoodles

Arcane
What is worse?

"Age of Empires 2 HD currently has 259 Steam achievements, and Trading Cards, making it a great buy at this price."

:negative:

Turjan

Arcane

Hoaxmetal

Arcane
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00GU043AW
AoE 2 HD + The Forgotten (steam key) for 2.5 dollars, bought it works fine.

Just bought that for 7.50 on steam, but it got me a trading card... that's worth something right. :negative:

Suppose that is what I get for not checking the Dex earlier.

It says "Requires the base game Age of Empires II HD to activate." Which is $4.99 by itself. So, same price. Or did they make some error?
Error, it added base AoE2 for me too.

mck

Cipher
The Sims 2 w/ all expansion packs is free on Origin right now.

To get it, go to redeem product code and use

I-LOVE-THE-SIMS

mck

Cipher
Origin needs to offer Battlefield Vietnam for free some time. I was really hoping they would give it away on the 10th anniversary of its release like they did with 1942.

Outlander

Custom Tags Are For Fags.
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin Wasteland 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Today (09/02) is the last day for Amazon digital videogames sale:

Link

Examples:

Alpha Protocol 2.99

NBA 2K14 6.00

FIFA 14 10.00

Command and Conquer Ultimate Collection 5.00

Injustice 7.49

Civ V 6.00

Civ III Complete 1.25

Deus Ex 2.79

Crusader Kings Complete 2.49

etc

There are quite a few oldies like 7th Guest 2.99, 11th Hour 2.99, Colonization 1.49, Darklands 1.49, Gobliiins Trilogy 0.74, Sid Meier's Covert Action 1.49

etc

And some outright weird shit:

91DY8G05xbL._SL1500_.jpg

A1nhaRA0V4L._SL1500_.jpg

I have not used gamersgate, is there some reason NOT to want to buy from them because they have an amazing deal right now:

D&D Anthology BG 1+ BG2 +expansions; IWD 1+IWD 2+expansions; Planscape Torment; Temple of Elemental Evil for all $4.99

also

Neverwinter Nights 2 Complete for $4.99

I have never played any of the neverwinter night games and have wanted to play SOZ since IWD is my fave IE game and people say it is similar. Also maybe some of the fan made modules are worth it. Anybody know which ones? Is the IWD conversion fun?

As for the others I have been wanting to get ToE because I lost my older version and want to play the Keep on the Borderlands module that was recently released. I also wanted top play BG 1 again because I never played it with the expansions.

Anybody have any advice about if I should not bother saving money and instead play the BG enhanced edition, like is it worth the extra moneyy to play the enhanced edition? I have played IWD in total so I think I might buy the upcoming enhanced version to give it a different feel. I have not played any of the IE games in about 7-8 years, so I have been thinking about playing them before PoE comes out.

Also is there some reason to avoid gamersgate? This deal seems really good, so even if GG sucks it might be worth dealing with it unless somebody says otherwise...

Thanks..

MicoSelva

backlog digger
Patron
Codex 2012 Codex 2013 Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Enjoy the Revolution! Another revolution around the sun that is. Serpent in the Staglands Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Divinity: Original Sin 2 Bubbles In Memoria A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I helped put crap in Monomyth
I would not take that offer myself because of personal reasons*, but it seems like a really good deal indeed.

Anybody have any advice about if I should not bother saving money and instead play the BG enhanced edition, like is it worth the extra moneyy to play the enhanced edition?
No. No, it is not. Maybe if you got it at the same price as the original. Maaaaaaybe.

*because I already own multiple copies of all of these ;)

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom