Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Decline The new Thiaf game is MASSIVE decline - Eidos Forum Refugee Camp

JarlFrank

I like Thief THIS much
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Unkillable Cat I'm not sure how to merge the threads back without messing shit up though so I might leave it this way.

Unkillable Cat

LEST WE FORGET
Patron
Codex 2014 Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy
It was the best compromise...this time.

In addition I see that more Thiaf discussions from other threads have been brought in here. Great job. The Decline must be contained. (Not the user though.)

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
It was me, and why the fuck not. That thing was huge. It's standard practice for all games that have a large amount of discussion.

Geez dude you're pretty territorial about Thiaf.

Darth Roxor

Royal Dongsmith
Staff Member
I've finished readan only just now (been doing it in parts), and I really have to disagree completely with one thing.

And now, after having played through the game and done the best I could to explore every corner of it, I can safely say that many of the negative reviews and opinions on Thiaf are only loosely based on facts and research, to the point that they (and my old opinion) can be considered erroneous and should be dismissed.

The truth is that Thiaf is so much worse than I could ever have imagined.

I have no idea what you were expecting to be quite frank, because the stuff you describe is almost 1:1 with how I'd imagined the game to be, with just some slight differences.

Thiaf (2014) - this game wouldn't be worth your money even if it shipped with a brewery and a brothel.

:cheersmate:

Unkillable Cat

LEST WE FORGET
Patron
It was me, and why the fuck not. That thing was huge. It's standard practice for all games that have a large amount of discussion.

The problem isn't "territorial", it's when inept people mess with things that have been perfectly fine for YEARS.

I had at least 4 different places I could have placed the Thiaf review, but I chose the T2 FM sticky thread because that's where all the Thief taffers hang out. It's also where I've placed ALL my Thief-related reviews so far. Of course there would be "inappropriate discussions" taking place in the thread, but at least it was Thief-related, it wouldn't have been the first time, and it would eventually die out and things would return to normal.

Along comes a shitstirring retard who doesn't like the current tone of the discussion, summons you to the thread and you get to work without even a thought or even a question, and step on the toes of others in the process.

With the damage done, I saw that the best place to put the Thiaf review now was in the Thiaf megathread, which had been sitting in the depths of Codex hell for quite some time, undisturbed. JarlFrank moves it there and everything is fine...for about 10 seconds because you come in AGAIN and split up that thread for no fucking reason, and again without asking anyone.

The ironic part is that I've lost track of how many times you've been asked (in general, not by myself) to split/merge threads and you don't fucking bother with acknowledging those requests.

Are you TRYING to be as much of an inconvenience as possible, or is this a seasonal thing?

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth

The problem isn't "territorial", it's when inept people mess with things that have been perfectly fine for YEARS.

I had at least 4 different places I could have placed the Thiaf review, but I chose the T2 FM sticky thread because that's where all the Thief taffers hang out. It's also where I've placed ALL my Thief-related reviews so far. Of course there would be "inappropriate discussions" taking place in the thread, but at least it was Thief-related, it wouldn't have been the first time, and it would eventually die out and things would return to normal.

Along comes a shitstirring retard who doesn't like the current tone of the discussion, summons you to the thread and you get to work without even a thought or even a question, and step on the toes of others in the process.

With the damage done, I saw that the best place to put the Thiaf review now was in the Thiaf megathread, which had been sitting in the depths of Codex hell for quite some time, undisturbed. JarlFrank moves it there and everything is fine...for about 10 seconds because you come in AGAIN and split up that thread for no fucking reason, and again without asking anyone.

The ironic part is that I've lost track of how many times you've been asked (in general, not by myself) to split/merge threads and you don't fucking bother with acknowledging those requests.

Are you TRYING to be as much of an inconvenience as possible, or is this a seasonal thing?

I'm actually being a convenience, not an inconvenience. On-topic thread - more people who might be interested see your review. Shorter thread - less people are afraid to click on it. If you're really that attached to the community in the FM thread, you can post a link to this thread there.

BTW JarlFrank didn't move anything, it's all me.

tormund

Arcane
If he wanted his review to be read only by those who frequent the FM thread, then his wishes should've been honored.
I understand that a good chunk of Codex membership writes what they write mainly for maximum approval and attention, so it is kinda easy to understand why it would be hard for a moderator to comprehend that something so long and detailed wasn't written with that in mind, or meant for wide readership in the first place.

Unkillable Cat

LEST WE FORGET
Patron
I'm actually being a convenience, not an inconvenience.

No you're not. You don't give two shits what other people think or say. Those same arguments you brought up... I thought about them before deciding where to post.

This is why I decided against making the review be anything "official" in regards to the RPG Codex - because I knew someone on the Codex staff would start trouble over it, which is the same reason I haven't contributed ANYTHING to the RPG Codex in an official manner, even though I've been asked to do so more often than once.

(And everytime a staff member does start trouble, more often than not the same name pops up at the center of it. Guess which one?)

It's safe to say now that you're both unqualified for your position and delusional about your role in that position.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom