Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Rainbow 6 Siege - Now with 60 years old Sam Fisher

Tel Velothi

Cipher
That E3 clip is so gay

Some wimps acting all tough and prufessinul with all those "roger that" and with overall fake involvement :lol:

It's like those motorcyclists who are working as a doctor/lawyer or in some corporation with their 1000cc sport bikes just to show how cool and crazy they are. Fuck me...

Astral Rag

Arcane
Oh wow, this game has freaking healing darts. They proudly show this new feature in their latest trailer.

Ohwow.jpg

Keshik

Arcane
Find it funny they have the agencies being represented seperately - kind of defeats the purpose of RAINBOW.

I like the convenient 3-4 inch spaces for the drone to sneak in.

omega21

Arcane
Find it funny they have the agencies being represented seperately - kind of defeats the purpose of RAINBOW.

Yeah, well, I don't see Clark or Ding anywhere either ;_;

Still, wasn't RAINBOW always depicted as a united team in previous games?

Last edited:

Keshik

Arcane
Yeah, well, I don't see Clark or Ding anywhere either ;_;

Still, wasn't RAINBOW always depicted as a united team in previous games?

Yep, everyone had nationality and origin but weren't distinct - no GIGN logos on their vests.

But whatever, I already have CS for this, heh

User was nabbed fit

Total shite. Raven Shield was the last good R6.

I wonder if Ground Branch will ever amount to anything.

Steve

Augur
Tried out the beta and I'm already bored, game feels very formulaic. Defenders choose a room where to hunker down, attackers scout the building with their tiny robots and charge in. In all the three game modes I've played almost every round plays exactly the same.

Movement feels floaty, matchmaking takes forever, netcode is absolutely horrendous with client side hit detection and no dedicated servers, the whole thing reeks of consoles.

DJOGamer PT

Arcane
Tried Rainbow Six: Siege Beta. It ended today and aside the completly matchmaking shit, it was pretty good.

It had NO HEALHT REGEN.
NO RESPAWS.
2-3 SHOTS, YOU WERE DEAD OR BLEEDING.
While bleeding you hould be on the ground and could NOT USE ANYTHING. You could only wait for your team-mate to bandage you up but it wouldn't regenerate your lost life.
Then you would have various other mechanics, like environmental destruction, security cameras, barricating doors and windows and so on...
The gunplay was also very well balanced.

I'll probably buy it. If they make the matchmaking work, add server lists (it was still a beta though) and the price is like some 20-25 euros on Kinguin (if by that time the multiplayer community is still alive).

tormund

Arcane
Am I so out of touch, or did we really got to a point where lack of health regeneration is now a unique feature in a MULTIPLAYER-ONLY FPS? Whats next, don't tell me that it also allows players to aim with a mouse?!

omega21

Arcane
Narrator says "Rainbow 6"
At that very same moment the video shows an assortment of guys from different units and with different SOPs

:killit: every fucking time

deuxhero

Arcane
Yeah, having the group actually you know, be Rainbow would at least make the high presence of females at least make SOME sense (where they would be pulled from is a mystery, but at least it wouldn't be in a real world group that doesn't have women).

omega21

Arcane
The women issue aside, this is what the Amerikwas call RINO

Republican Rainbow 6 In Name Only

like someone said earlier, no reason why this couldn't be a new IP on its own, but nooo, muh brand name

EDIT: does GSG 9 not have uniforms?

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom