Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

The New DOOM Thread (2016)

Astral Rag

Arcane
E1M1 E1M8 E2M2 E2M7
E2M8 E3M1 E3M6 E4M3
MAP01 MAP07 MAP08 MAP11
MAP14 MAP18 MAP28 MAP30

Y/N?

I ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ lah

j/k, I'm 99.5% certain that you're 100% correct

Quatlo

Arcane
A year or so ago I read an interview with some AAA shill, and pretty much they said that they always showcase games on gamepad because it makes the gameplay feel more "cinematic" and "authentic"
I'm serious.

Edit: I watched that gameplay: God, I can't wait to bash this game. :bounce:

Llama-Yak Hybrid

Wild Sheep
Dumbfuck
They show gameplay on gamepads because you're doing less erratic movement with those, giving their audience more time to watch the environment and so on.

The problem isn't with presenting it with gamepad though, it's the fact that it supports gamepads in the first place.

Cadmus

Arcane
it's sooo slow and the FOV is giving me eye cancer
the jump is hilariously weak, too

Delbaeth

Learned
I don't see the decline in this game.

It looks so great ! Finally ! A true Turn-Based FPS !

:troll:

J_C

One Bit Studio
Patron
Developer
Project: Eternity Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath
It's sad that a developer, demoing the PC version of their game cannot be arsed to use a fucking mouse in their game, instead of a controller.

They were playing the PS4 version.

"PC is 100% in our DNA"
Oh, my bad. Although they are double stupid in this case. If I want to promote my game, I show it in its best looking state, which is probably the PC version.

DosBuster

Arcane
Patron
The Real Fanboy
Codex USB, 2014
It's sad that a developer, demoing the PC version of their game cannot be arsed to use a fucking mouse in their game, instead of a controller.

They were playing the PS4 version.

"PC is 100% in our DNA"
Oh, my bad. Although they are double stupid in this case. If I want to promote my game, I show it in its best looking state, which is probably the PC version.

PC versions have the potential issue of having pre-release bugs with certain hardware configurations, slowdowns due to potential background programs running and that the PS4 version is indicative of the quality most players will be getting.

tormund

Arcane
This isn’t Doom 4. This is actually Doom, straight up, from the beginning.”

Man shills this days arent even trying to be subtle.
Considering the negativity around MP Beta, it is no wonder that journos are now going all out with hyping SP.

I think that's the developer talking?
Yeah, but they start their article with that quote and the rest of it keeps that tone.

Zdzisiu

Arcane
Jesus fucking Christ, the game looks slow. I only watched like 10 minutes of one of the videos but what I've seen is a game so slow even my grandpa would kill the demons faster, and he is dead.

And the constant barrage of prompts and shit. And the weapon wheel that pauses the fucking game and gives you infinite time to pick your next weapon. "Oh, I see a Cacodemon, let me pause the game and think about which gun I would like to use!".

Also, the rate of fire of the guns is attrocious. Even the machinegun looked like it was shotting mini rockets rather than bullets because they were so slow and the clip size was so small. And the retardedly slow reload animations.

Jesus, console FPS should have never been a thing, they have to be so slow and easy because the controller is imprecise as fuck and they now infect proper FPS games with that crap.

Also, voice messages and complex story in Doom. It really is Doom: The cinematic experience. I bet it even runs at 24fps on consoles.

DosBuster

Arcane
Patron
The Real Fanboy
Codex USB, 2014
And the constant barrage of prompts and shit. And the weapon wheel that pauses the fucking game and gives you infinite time to pick your next weapon. "Oh, I see a Cacodemon, let me pause the game and think about which gun I would like to use!".

Don't worry, our pc master race gets your standard mousewheel/1-9 weapon key system.

vortex

Fabulous Optimist
I've read that this id6 would power up upcoming Dishonored 2 and maybe new Elder scrolls game, though heavily modified called Void.

Will ther be gravity gun as in D3?

Last edited:
Divinity: Original Sin

Funny how it's an UBER secret and they show it to the world before release. Just to show: Look, it's the classic levels, this is doom. Funny is that their main selling point is the bloody takedowns inspired by brutal doom, and the rooms stay clean, unlike BD. It's even more apparent when they're playing on the classic levels.

Athelas

Arcane
Drawing attention to your bad level design by featuring levels from Doom as easter eggs doesn't seem like the smartest idea. :M

Divinity: Original Sin
Drawing attention to your bad level design by featuring levels from Doom as easter eggs doesn't seem like the smartest idea. :M

Nah... Current audiences will find the classic levels too rough, pixelated, and easy (enemies are still the new ones).

tormund

Arcane
Another nostalgia bait. And you could tell that it was hastily phoned in, they didn't even try to replicate original atmospheric lighting and they appear to be piss easy with new enemies.

Another nostalgia bait. And you could tell that it was hastily phoned in, they didn't even try to replicate original atmospheric lighting and they appear to be piss easy with new enemies.

Yeah, I couldn't tell what level that was. I'm guessing E1M2 just based on the winding electronics area, but it should be almost completely dark and firing a gun in it should activate all enemies and have them searching for you.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom