Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

The New DOOM Thread (2016)

Luka-boy

Arcane
Allow me to save you twelve seconds of your life. This is all the teaser shows:

Literally.

Durandal

Arcane
My team has the sexiest and deadliest waifus you can recruit.
I can't wait for all the YouTube videos overanalyzing these 1.5 seconds.
Here goes:

So our SShotgun resembles a more classic Western sawn-off using Fredward 00 Buck shells;
Revenants have flesh on their bones and are no longer 90% skeleton;
I guess that's the aforementioned jetpack on the Revenant;
and Doomguy is probably wearing some kind of power armor by the looks of his glove (if that is Doomguy).

I WANT TO SEE MORE, DAMNIT

What's there to be excited about? With John Carmack gone, none of the creators of the original Doom remain at id Software. This is bound to be a typical 21st century tech demo shooter with slow-paced gameplay, trivial difficulty and boring enemies; designed to be hyped, bought, played and forgotten within 3 months by a generation of players with the attention span of goldfish and the motor skills of an 80 year old with Parkinson's who just suffered a stroke.

Close this fucking thread and play some Doom.

Durandal

Arcane
My team has the sexiest and deadliest waifus you can recruit.
What's there to be excited about? With John Carmack gone, none of the creators of the original Doom remain at id Software. This is bound to be a typical 21st century tech demo shooter with slow-paced gameplay, trivial difficulty and boring enemies; designed to be hyped, bought, played and forgotten within 3 months by a generation of players with the attention span of goldfish and the motor skills of an 80 year old with Parkinson's who just suffered a stroke.

Close this fucking thread and play some Doom.
Some Doom murderheads from the Doom general did see a gameplay demo at QuakeCon and said it didn't look like complete trash. Knowing Bethesda, it's very likely to change due to unneccesary publisher meddling, but from what I've heard it sounds more faithful to its origins than Thiaf did to Thief.

Baron Dupek

Arcane
John Carmack is gone, so what. He made good stuff years back, but recent one (Doom3, RAGE) give doubtful amount of fun, if any.

Renegen

Arcane
(Intelligence) Given that the trailer is really short and the full reveal is a month from now, I am guessing the team is behind schedule and frantically trying to patch together a demo before time runs out.

Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
I had forgotten most of the looks of the monsters in Doom 3, it was such a forgettable game.
What the game really needs is a good weaponry and interesting encounter design. Teleport traps and pressing buttons is old but you can still try to experiment with it. I'm afraid that due to the multiport we won't see lots of enemies per segment, it will be just another pad friendly FPS.

Makabb

Arcane
Shitposter Bethestard
Graphics don't look that good, Doom always pushed hardware to its limits. I remember no one could run Doom 3 on highest settings unless you had a nasa PC back at the time.

Wirdschowerdn

Ph.D. in World Saving
Patron

tuluse

Arcane
Serpent in the Staglands Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Shadorwun: Hong Kong
You just described any Doom out there. At least the Call of DOOMY version uses manly colors palettes, not some shitty doodle work from a bored 12 year old teen.
Whaaaaaaaaaaaaaat?

No, I had never seen anything like this:

latest

Before Doom. They had very distinctive visuals.

agentorange

Arcane
Patron
rpghq (cant read codex pms cuz of fag 2fa)
Codex 2012
I dislike the look of weapons in these new idtech games. They are all comically over-designed and bulky, filled with a bunch of pointless dials and rivets. I guess they have to do it so the guns take up 1/3 of the screen to lower the frame rate on consoles.

shooter_DoomII.jpg

latest

Last edited:

AlexOfSpades

Arcane
You just described any Doom out there. At least the Call of DOOMY version uses manly colors palettes, not some shitty doodle work from a bored 12 year old teen.
Whaaaaaaaaaaaaaat?

No, I had never seen anything like this (Caco)

I agree. That Call of Duty - Doom DLC looks like trash. I mean, just by looking at it I can already feel the iron sights & regenerating health.

But can we mod futa furry girls in it like in other Bethesda games?

Asking the real questions here. I'll take it seriously though - probably, no. Elder Scrolls gets a lot of that "Waifu Simulator" mod types because you can oogle at your character from third person, and its a sandbox RPG. But a shooter like DooM, i don't know. We'll probably get the typical "replaces Imps with imps with big boobs", at most.

DeepOcean

Arcane
After Wolfenstein New Order idea of "old school" design of making Call of Duty without regenerating health but with med packs on 5 cms intervals and bullet spongy enemies everywhere, I could care less about Doom 4 "old school".

DeepOcean

Arcane
HmqQHQZ.png

pTExDJf.png

tVihlwb.png

3Hl6gae.png

:0-13:You know game development is dead when its a publisher that stops a developer from making Call of Hell: Demonic Warfare.

Unkillable Cat

LEST WE FORGET
Patron
Codex 2014 Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy
Speaking of demons...where are they in those screenshots?

There is NOTHING in those screenshots that even tells us that this is an abandoned Doom game. Someone could post these as screenshots from an upcoming expansion to Call of Duty or any of those other franchises, and people would lap it up.

dunno lah

Arcane
Whaaaaaaaaaaaaaat?

No, I had never seen anything like this (Caco)

I agree. That Call of Duty - Doom DLC looks like trash. I mean, just by looking at it I can already feel the iron sights & regenerating health.

But can we mod futa furry girls in it like in other Bethesda games?

Asking the real questions here. I'll take it seriously though - probably, no. Elder Scrolls gets a lot of that "Waifu Simulator" mod types because you can oogle at your character from third person, and its a sandbox RPG. But a shooter like DooM, i don't know. We'll probably get the typical "replaces Imps with imps with big boobs", at most.

Something like this?

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom