Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

The New DOOM Thread (2016)

ZagorTeNej

Arcane
Shown at QuakeCon.

It is called "DOOM"

IdTech6 1080p@60fps

" Ultrabrutal "
" quick "
" gore "
" no cover mechanic "
" no regenerating health "
" yellow card system in place just with people hands instead of cards "
" gore "
" gore "
" classik enemies "
" fast as original doom "
" shoot monsters and crush their heads under your foot"
" gore "

No footage. Zenimax nazi police everywhere.

After New Order looks like ID finally stopped trying to find themselves in new word and do what they should do in first place make proper FPS games.

This sounds a bit too good to be honest (especially "fast as original doom" part, hard to believe that will be the case for a multiplatform release), will believe it when I see it. Any word on level design? Will it be another ultra linear action corridor?

CreamyBlood

Arcane
ID is nothing but a name these days. They wouldnt even know how

Exactly. id software died when Bethseda (or Zenimax) bought them. It's just a name. Is anyone still left there? I can't remember the names anymore. Maybe the long-haired guy that turned into a business guy but what would be the point if he's controlled by overlords? I can't see this being any different than any other modern shooter. They wouldn't even know how

And the BD discussion has been interesting, might give it a whirl some day.

Astral Rag

Arcane
" Ultrabrutal "
Wait and see, hopefully it's not over the top like BD's gore
shoot monsters and crush their heads under your foot
nvm
ok
no cover mechanic
good
no regenerating health
good
yellow card system in place just with people hands instead of cards
what?
classik enemies
hopefully they look less retarded than Doom 3's "classik" enemies
lol

Last edited:

Astral Rag

Arcane
I know but if they don't use regular keys as well that ripped off hand + scanner mechanic will get old pretty quick.

Now I want to replay Bioforge, at least something good came from reading this thread.

Perkel

Arcane
i think it was obvious to anyone

As for speed i also don't see it as fast as original doom. Pads are to imprecise for that.

At least it's going to be an action focused fps, not survival horror like Doom 3.

BTW what da fuck is with this trend of naming games with titles that were already used, with no additional parts. Why it's Doom and not Doom 4? The same with last Turok, Mortal Kombat, Tomb Raider and so on. It's like pretending original games never existed and only adds confusion.

Garryydde

Arcane
Patron
Douchebag! Repressed Homosexual
At least it's going to be an action focused fps, not survival horror like Doom 3.

BTW what da fuck is with this trend of naming games with titles that were already used, with no additional parts. Why it's Doom and not Doom 4? The same with last Turok, Mortal Kombat, Tomb Raider and so on. It's like pretending original games never existed and only adds confusion.
Why not 4OOM?

TheGreatOne

Arcane
BTW what da fuck is with this trend of naming games with titles that were already used, with no additional parts. Why it's Doom and not Doom 4? The same with last Turok, Mortal Kombat, Tomb Raider and so on. .
They make the original game obsolete
large.jpg

AngryKobold

Arcane

Insufficient light, enemies appearing behind the player, general boredom: such things do not imply the game was planned to be a survival horror. Such things do not mean there was any particular plan to not produce a regular FPS. It's just one of many signals the company sucks at design. For ID it's obvious since 1996.

sser

Arcane
Developer
Doom looms on the morning gloom, all festooned with the ruin of bloom and the fume of a dying boon that brought Carmack poon and vroom, etched on his tomb, Here Lies JC, may this loon toon soon moon the maroon room.

Turisas

Arch Devil
Patron

Wow, what a great teaser!

Fucking half a second of footage. Goddamnit Bethesda, goddamnit.

Baron Dupek

Arcane
That was enough to give me RAGE flashbacks.
Now I'm sitting wondering - what's worse, this or BDoom. And affraid what to expect with combined inspiration from these games.

Astral Rag

Arcane
"Doom" 4 vs Brûtal "Doom" which is more retarded and why? Discuss!!!

edit: MotherMachinae beat me to it.

Last edited:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom