Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

The New DOOM Thread (2016)

sexbad?

Arcane
Patron
Codex USB, 2014
They have a built-in junior editor called SnapMap that lets you connect prefabricated sections together. They said something to the effect that you won't be able to make outdoor environments unless you use their specific outdoor area models. I'm not sure they'll allow any brushes or planes or anything at all.

abija

Prophet
Yeah I know about that, just saw people talking about mods and own levels which is a quite a jump from piecing together premade rooms.

vonAchdorf

Arcane
I don't think there was an official announcement and I don't think there will be one soon. They'll focus their marketing on SnapMap, because that works on consoles too. If they release a toolkit, it will probably be too little, too late like for Rage (1.5 years after the game's release).

Durandal

Arcane
My team has the sexiest and deadliest waifus you can recruit.
I tried the new Brutal Doom map starter pack.
It's a loose arrangement of the original Doom 1 maps, with added detail to make the levels look less abstract. Finding secrets revolve less around mashing E while humping the walls, but more about finding secret areas and sometimes smashing things to open shit. Thankfully you are made aware you can punch shit to open shit in the first level, as a jammed switch blocks your progress which needs a good punch to open up. Every time you enter a new level, a friendly marine talks on the intercom how screwed everything is, which is kinda neat.There's too many chaingunners in later stages. Also performance fixes my ass, it still lags like hell whenever there are tons of blood decals displayed.

It's ok, I guess

tormund

Arcane
As fun it is to bash Brutal Doom, and as much of an overhyped unbalanced mess it is at this point, you won't see the kind of gameplay you get from Brutal Doom combined with any decent map pack in ANY modern FPS. Certainly not in BethDoom...

sullynathan

Arcane
New Screenshots with more cleanliness and brown

Doom-new-screenshots-6.jpg

Doom-new-screenshots-4.jpg

Doom-new-screenshots-1.jpg

Doom-new-screenshots-2.jpg
Doom-new-screenshots-3.jpg
Doom-new-screenshots-5.jpg
Doom-new-screenshots-7.jpg
Doom-new-screenshots-8.jpg
Doom-new-screenshots-9.jpg

Last edited:

Cadmus

Arcane
browns and beige and browns and beige and mother of pearl! and browns and beige, everybody's gotta be wearing earth tones, people, 'cause they live on a planet

Durandal

Arcane
My team has the sexiest and deadliest waifus you can recruit.
Are the monster designers for D44M that phobic of using more than one defining color? I could probably make a comparison of how easily you can distinguish one monster from another in the original Doom by reducing them to their basic colors and shapes, compared to the muddy mess that is the monster design of D44M.

Metro

Arcane
Beg Auditor
The art seems more stylized than creepy realistic like it was in Doom 3.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom