Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

The new Alice game is pretty fucking awesome.

kingcomrade

Kingcomrade
Edgy
ArcturusXIV said:
kingcomrade said:
Alice is fucking hot. Fucking fucking hot. Looks like Japan 3d hentai girls, but only hotter. Is the character model makers Chinese too? Any hentai material of Alice yet?
And now I understand why nobody agrees that this is a bad game with pretty graphics.

Mona Lisa was a bad painting with pretty graphics.
:| good grief

ArcturusXIV

Cipher
Honestly, art taste is all up to the observer. I prefer darker old Diablo art, but I am fine with new style. This is all a matter of opinion. And yours sucks!

kingcomrade

Kingcomrade
Edgy
This isn't an issue of art "style." Maybe you misunderstood, but I think that Alice is a pretty game with nice art and graphics. That's what I said, so who knows what message you got. The gameplay, the voice acting, the music, and everything else about it is bad.

Falkner

Thread Decliner
Patron
Wasteland 2
Just bought it for my Xbawks because I don't want to bother with my desktop PC. I'm banned from Live though, so if anyone with a used copy wants the redeem code for the first Alice, send me a PM.

asper

Arcane
Project: Eternity
Bought the game for the art direction. Not played yet.

Support this game if you like it, let's show there is a market for things that are not shooters driving games popamoles indie casual shitttt

Self-Ejected

ManjuShri

Self-Ejected
Just some interesting tidbits, I would use them in the given order.

The first Alice's cutscenes in case you haven't played it.

The casebook of the head doctor at Rutledge Asylum where Alice was kept for her treatment. It's written rather well as you would expect.
http://alice.wikia.com/wiki/Wilson's_Casebook

The Alice Madness - Storybook, which is an iphone promotional for the game but it gives off a nice atmosphere, unfortunately this was the best quality recording of it I've found.

asper

Arcane
Project: Eternity
The game doesn't fit well in the mainstream, it has jumping puzzles and the combat is clunky sometimes. Casuals just want awesome stuff to happen constantly.

In hindsight this is a really underrated, rough gem in my opinion. Gorgeous game.

I wonder if it sold moderately well.

Kz3r0

Arcane
So, did anyone went through either the first or this new game while trippin' balls? :eek:
I only played the first, I don't like the new Alice, as someone already said it was a banal platformer and shooter, what counts is the art direction and the atmosphere, give it a try, it's the only way to see if the style is compelling enough for you.

lightbane

Arcane
So, I finally managed to finish this game. As said, it becomes quite repetitive very quickly, but luckily it starts becoming interesting again at the Castle of the Red Queen or whatever was called that level. There's evidence that lots of stuff was cut, which would explain why it was so repetitive. Ffor example, in one of the trailers when the game was currently in beta there was a new, whip-like weapon and what seemed to be underwater levels, then there's the absolute lack of bosses except the final one, even if it everything pointed at a boss fight only to be cockblocked at the last second (speaking of which, the last level was literally a straight line with a few cutscenes). There's also a bunch of stuff that doesn't appear in the main game, but can be found in the concept art that the game kindly includes.
In any case, truly a fun game, it has some flaws but it's quite good for what it is.

Self-Ejected

ManjuShri

Self-Ejected
Watching some videos the console version seems to differ slightly in that when using her time bombs, Alice crouches and places it on the floor in front of her instead of tossing it, and the big 3-faced ruins have an extra attack where they throw out a spattering of goo alongside their fireball and charge attacks.

Self-Ejected

ManjuShri

Self-Ejected
AliceMadnessReturns2012-05-0721-18-39-23.png

AliceMadnessReturns2012-05-0720-56-19-42.png

AliceMadnessReturns2012-06-2721-39-18-45.png

AliceMadnessReturns2012-06-2912-08-32-85.png

AliceMadnessReturns2012-06-2722-30-01-18.png

AliceMadnessReturns2012-06-2821-05-00-01.png

AliceMadnessReturns2012-06-2821-06-31-42.png

AliceMadnessReturns2012-06-2821-09-09-50.png

AliceMadnessReturns2012-06-2821-10-50-98.png

AliceMadnessReturns2012-06-2918-32-28-33.png

AliceMadnessReturns2012-06-2918-33-27-40.png

AliceMadnessReturns2012-06-2918-36-11-80.png

Angthoron

Arcane
Okay, so I got this game and when installing, it's asking me to install some shitty EA thing, what the fuck, bros?

Turjan

Arcane
Okay, so I got this game and when installing, it's asking me to install some shitty EA thing, what the fuck, bros?
It asks you to install something? In order to activate the game, I had to log in with my EA account, which was the successor of my old Bioware account. It's more or less the same shit as these ubisoft or "Games for Windows" accounts.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom