Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

The Nature of The Codex - 2010 Top 5 Results

Darth Roxor

Royal Dongsmith
Staff Member
Is 'Drog's motherbasement' something like a mothership?

mondblut

Arcane
Grunker said:
RPGCodex is for [story]fags? :roll:

Nope, literally. Those who consider an FPS a supreme RPG obviously love taking it up in their asses. That's all I have to say on the issue.

Grunker

RPG Codex Ghost
Patron
mondblut said:
Grunker said:
RPGCodex is for [story]fags? :roll:

Nope, literally. Those who consider an FPS a supreme RPG obviously love taking it up in their asses. That's all I have to say on the issue.

I love taking it up the ass? Darn, someone really should have told me :(

Fezzik

Cipher
Nice compilation Jaesun. A shame to see NWN and Baldur's Gate beat several superior games to be in the top twenty. The way the top RPGs remain the same on average, while the actual individual top 5's varied greatly, I'm thinking a "which are the best RPGs" debate-a-thon could be more entertaining. Would take too much "umph" from the userbase to go over all of the shit again, though.

Konjad

Patron
Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Finally BG2 drops and VtMB made it to top5. It's definitely an incline of Codex.

mister_matt

Educated
Jaesun said:
mister_matt said:
Flying Spaghetti Monster said:
mister_matt = drog?

No.

You don't really need to be a rocket scientist to figure this out.

I had to look that shit up on urban dictionary, and I'm still confused. I have a copy of Arcanum but I've never played it. I'm really not trolling, but okay.

mister_matt said:
Jaesun said:
mister_matt said:
mister_matt = drog?

No.

I had to look that shit up on urban dictionary, and I'm still confused. I have a copy of Arcanum but I've never played it. I'm really not trolling, but okay.
Then how do you know it's a buggy mess. :retarded:

mister_matt

Educated
back to sportforredneck said:
mister_matt said:
Jaesun said:
mister_matt said:
mister_matt = drog?

No.

Then how do you know it's a buggy mess. :retarded:

I should say that I've never played my personal copy. My older brother has had a copy of the game for years that I have played and he never fucking shuts up about it.

Grunker

RPG Codex Ghost
Patron
commie said:
Hmm, I wonder if people are just going with the herd. I had a couple of games that wouldn't make it anywhere here but they shaped my RPG gaming experience. People seem to vote for the 'officially sanctioned' greats rather than what they honestly like the most.

Or people actually like the 'sanctioned great' which could be one of the reasons they've become sanctioned great.

I mean Lands of Lore defines my RPG experience but I would never put it up there with the great ones.

...yeah, you're right. Your conspiracy-theory is much more fun, let's go with that.

ricolikesrice

Arcane
twitcher has less votes (or none at all?) than Wizardries or RoA ..... am i still browing the codex ? this place is about good RPGs again ? wow. massive incline, i think thats a tear there .... i .... i .... love you guys.

:love:

Admiral jimbob

gay as all hell
Wasteland 2
ricolikesrice said:
twitcher has less votes (or none at all?) than Wizardries or RoA ..... am i still browing the codex ? this place is about good RPGs again ? wow. massive incline, i think thats a tear there .... i .... i .... love you guys.

:love:

Man, I hate to break it to you, but... look again.

I know. I know.

Azarkon

Arcane
How much longer until people figure out that the Codex is nothing more than a hideout for the jaded, disillusioned fanboys and ex-fanboys of Troika, BIS, and Bioware - in short, of golden age Interplay?

FFS. Every one of those games came from one of {Tim Cain, Chris Avellone, David Gaider}, and you won't find a game from a different group of people until #8.

So instead of appreciating the old, good games, we should get with the times and accept the new, shitty games. Logic fail. Of course the Codex is made up of like minded individuals (with a few exceptions), it's an internet community.

Reject_666_6

Arcane
What's funny is that if I were to start a thread asking which game is better, Baldur's Gate 2 or Mask of the Betrayer, most would point to MotB, but here it seems that BG2 has almost double the votes.

So which is it, Codex?! PST junior, or the Bioware blueprint?

Xor

Arcane
Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Divinity: Original Sin Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Divinity: Original Sin 2
The people who like BG2 more might not be as vocal. The poll indicates which which game is better liked.

TripJack

Hedonist
Bloodlines at 4? What a crock of shit

At least Deus Ex got 33 votes.

Reject_666_6

Arcane
Deus Ex and Jagged Alliance 2 should have both gotten many more votes and Bloodlines a few less. If anything, the only games that should have a chance of breaching the top 5 should be Deus Ex, MotB and Ultima VII.

Interesting that Arcanum is trailing so much on Fallout/PST in our holy trinity. The way I read this, its really a Codex Duality, with Fallout = PST > Everything Else.

Also, in future polls, please include Star Control 2 and System Shock 2. Or you are a bad man.

Xor

Arcane
Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Divinity: Original Sin Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Divinity: Original Sin 2
Atmosphere done better than in any 3D game I've ever played. Interesting characters. Well-written dialog and some of the best voice acting ever in a game. Combat...well, it's better than Fallout 3.

Grunker

RPG Codex Ghost
Patron
Xor said:
The people who like BG2 more might not be as vocal.

Truth, I guess you big, strong codexians are a scary lot. I recall the assrape that befell me when I first confessed I rated BG2 above MotB. Oh wait, I didn't. Shit, assrape inbound.

FeelTheRads

Arcane
Grunker said:
Xor said:
The people who like BG2 more might not be as vocal.

Truth, I guess you big, strong codexians are a scary lot. I recall the assrape that befell me when I first confessed I rated BG2 above MotB. Oh wait, I didn't. Shit, assrape inbound.

Don't worry, bro. I'll have your back on this one. MotB is only slightly above the rest of the crap that Obsidian made and all of them are < BG2.

I won't have your back on Bloodlines as one of the best RPGs, though, so you're on your own on that one.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom